Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: rail repair

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: rail repair Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: rail repair - 1/6/2011 9:33:35 PM   
sth1119

Thank you Pompack-

Yes the thing that excites about this game is; the more i look at it, the more i uncover.

Like pealing an onion.
This is just the kind of game i have been looking for. I used to place the boad game "Panzer Leader" as a teen. I see in this game the challenging detail but without all the manual computation. Thank goodness for computers.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 31
RE: rail repair - 1/6/2011 10:45:22 PM   
Mynok

The fun thing about these kind of threads is that there is both useful information, and I get to add a couple arsewipes to my green button list!

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 32
RE: rail repair - 1/10/2011 2:00:47 AM   
parusski

I still haven't found a decent answer to the original question. Of course if our search feature worked it might make these things a little easier.

AAHHHH.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 33
RE: rail repair - 1/10/2011 3:53:27 AM   
krrpt

Is it a coincidence that the guy acting hostile has over 9,500 posts and a huge obnoxious image in his tagline? Hey, neat, now I am trolling too.

< Message edited by krrpt -- 1/10/2011 3:54:46 AM >

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 34
RE: rail repair - 1/10/2011 4:20:36 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: krrpt

Is it a coincidence that the guy acting hostile has over 9,500 posts and a huge obnoxious image in his tagline? Hey, neat, now I am trolling too.

LOL. AHAAAAHAHA..ROTFLMAO.

Yeah.

Back, you new troll. Back with your measly 17 posts.

< Message edited by parusski -- 1/10/2011 4:21:23 AM >

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to krrpt)
Post #: 35
RE: rail repair - 1/16/2011 1:41:14 PM   
Skacee

Hello,

the rail repair algorithm works not well for me. I am in 5-45 mud and somehow after some refits of police units, many rail tracks in the middle of the map got destroyed after massive attacks. The whole front become unsuplied. That is ok. But why all the repair units are still 4-5 turns after sitting in the east and not going back and doing something with that? Annoying, because of mud FBD were slow to move. Unfortunately I needed them on the north sector and they couldn reach the places  fast. I wonder whether germans were managing rail repair in such way.

Thanks for help and answer.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 36
RE: rail repair - 1/16/2011 2:10:58 PM   
MilRevKo

Blow56

Don't let ComradeP cyber bully you(he dosen't have to answer questions if he dosent want to), ask away but be methodical in your pursuit of knowledge. If you read thought the rules more than one time, play the game, use what is written in the forum and ask questions without fear of retaliation you will be able to put together the strenghts and weakness' of the game system.

One of most importantt things to do is map out where you want the big push, concentrate the RR units and count the rail hexes and MP's

As for the returning to HQ question, incase there is any doubt it does exactly that because of stacking and other factors, being able to clear the hex must be an option.

< Message edited by MilRevKo -- 1/16/2011 2:19:00 PM >

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 37
RE: rail repair - 1/16/2011 2:36:48 PM   
Zovs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skacee

Hello,

I am in 5-45 mud and somehow after some refits of police units, many rail tracks in the middle of the map got destroyed after massive attacks. The whole front become unsuplied. That is ok. But why all the repair units are still 4-5 turns after sitting in the east and not going back and doing something with that? Annoying, because of mud FBD were slow to move. Unfortunately I needed them on the north sector and they couldn reach the places  fast. I wonder whether germans were managing rail repair in such way.

Thanks for help and answer.

Well with out seeing some screen shots its hard to see what your exact problems are.

First off, I am guessing your running the 1941 CG (unless 5-45 means May 1945 and so then I am confused to as where your at or what scenario/campaign your playing) anyway, assuming your playing the 1941 CG as the Germans beginning on turn one you have 4 FBD units (you get 11th Armies later) that you must begin repairing the rail lines with, usually this is your main lines of advance because after turn 1 your Higher HQ will automatically send out RR Construction and Construction units which will attempt to repair rail lines. It takes sometimes more then one turn for them to do so in this auto mode.

Secondly, you need to maintain your garrisons otherwise the Soviet Partisans will being tearing up your rails lines and this is what I am suspecting your problem its.

But with out screen shots I am not sure what your question is or what you mean exactly.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Skacee)
Post #: 38
RE: rail repair - 1/16/2011 3:18:05 PM   
Skacee

Playing 1943 GC. Shortly described - many disabled rails in the middle of the map like pripyat, near Romania and Baltic. East is effectively cut off. I had enough garrison till 4/1945. Then it changed colors from blue. I will send screenshots. Thank you very much for fast answer and that very good tutorial. I think the problem is that I got high HQs too close to the front.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 39
RE: rail repair - 1/17/2011 3:35:28 AM   
CarnageINC

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 40
RE: rail repair - 1/17/2011 9:56:07 PM   
magnno66

Regarding automatic rail repair. Is there any way the player can influence _where_ the automatic rail repair units will start working? Instead of having them to start working on secondary peripherial rail lines I'd like to priorotize them to work out in branches from my main axis of advance. Is this possible? If so, what are the criteria for that to happen?

thanks in advance.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 41
RE: rail repair - 1/17/2011 10:49:23 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: magnno66

Regarding automatic rail repair. Is there any way the player can influence _where_ the automatic rail repair units will start working? Instead of having them to start working on secondary peripherial rail lines I'd like to priorotize them to work out in branches from my main axis of advance. Is this possible? If so, what are the criteria for that to happen?

thanks in advance.

yes

Assign repair units to an HQ (the RHG HQs are a good choice for the Germans as well as being historically accurate). Move the HQ into the general area where you want things repaired. Stand back and wait a few weeks.

First constraint: they really don't like to repair close to the front lines
Second constraint: once they leave the HQ and start repairing, their motion is a true Drunkard's Walk. If you don't like where they wander off to, just tell them to "Return to HQ"

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 42
RE: rail repair - 1/18/2011 7:36:05 AM   
magnno66

thanks for the tip pompack. Just one thing. RHG HQs= Army Group HQs?

thanks again.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 43
RE: rail repair - 1/18/2011 2:17:18 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: magnno66

thanks for the tip pompack. Just one thing. RHG HQs= Army Group HQs?

thanks again.

No, they are German rear area formations equivilent to army level that generally report to AG or OKH level. There are three of them and they are have security divisions attached instead of combat divisions.

However AG HQs also work quite well with construction/repair units attached. You just have to be more careful about moving them around since you can break the tie with their attached armies if you move them too far out of their assigned areas.

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 44
RE: rail repair - 11/30/2021 9:45:27 AM   
OberstVonWitz

I'd LOVE to see those threads or for any more experienced players to assist the
new people to the game with an AID sheet.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: rail repair Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI