Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UV relocated to Mediterranean ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> UV relocated to Mediterranean ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UV relocated to Mediterranean ??? - 9/5/2002 4:54:51 PM   
Matto

Hi, I have one idea for Matrix team:
what about game on UV engine from Mediterranean 1940-1943 ??? Italian and Germand forces vs British and later US forces. Sea from Gibraltar to Suez ... allies must supply Egypt and Malta, axis must supply forces at Libya. It is good location for many sea battles, air strikes and ground battles at the desert ...
Good idea ???
Matto
Post #: 1
- 9/5/2002 5:02:00 PM   
U2

Hi

Such a game is planned. So lets keep our fingers crossed that UV and WITP sales justify (economicaly) a third game with this fantastic game engine. After two Pacific games I cant wait for some European action:) Lets hope.

Dan

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 2
Re: UV relocated to Mediterranean ??? - 9/5/2002 6:47:10 PM   
Mark W Carver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matto
[B]Hi, I have one idea for Matrix team:
what about game on UV engine from Mediterranean 1940-1943 ??? Italian and Germand forces vs British and later US forces. Sea from Gibraltar to Suez ... allies must supply Egypt and Malta, axis must supply forces at Libya. It is good location for many sea battles, air strikes and ground battles at the desert ...
Good idea ???
Matto [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, yes and triple yes... it's time to do a makeover of "Bomb Alley"... one of favorite GG games on the Apple II computer.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 3
- 9/6/2002 7:32:00 AM   
Jorm

Yep
I cant agree more with the call for a Med based game. I even dug out my old copy of carriers at war so i could replay Operation Pedestal again.

Im REALLY looking forward to War in the Med

cheers
Paul

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 4
- 9/6/2002 8:16:42 AM   
loader6

Count me in, I'm too young to have played "Bomb Alley," but I love the Med theater. Would love to see what could be accomplished with an aggressive Italy.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 5
- 9/6/2002 8:31:12 AM   
pasternakski

I'm really hoping for this one. Let's make the number of responses to this thread so high they can't ignore us.

Of course, Oleg or somebody will come grumping in pretty soon with a "what a boring subject" or "what a dog" or "it can't be done" or "history dictates that the number of bombs that could be carried under the wings of a modified PX-99 Pustule drag bomber were insufficient to penetrate the armor of a 1943 and one half modified version of the Escargot-class mess kit repair cruiser" comment.

By the way, Oleg, if ya ever make it in here, ya look great in a coal scuttle helmet. Much better than the old "infinitely expanding cranium" pic.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 6
- 9/6/2002 10:19:44 AM   
rawink

ouch!:eek:

Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 7
- 9/6/2002 10:56:16 PM   
IanLister

We want the Med campaign... I want to see how you model Swordfish flying backwards in a headwind, and still sinking things!!!

Battleaxe Rules!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 8
Malta - 9/6/2002 11:30:25 PM   
Matto

Oh yes,
I want to have two devastated squadrons of Sea Gladiators located on Malta, trying defend airfield and port. I want to have one squadron of Beauforts decimating Italian convoys ... I want to view Regia Areonautica over island and be in danger when Kesselring and his X. Air Corps will arrive Sicily. I want fly spitfires from Eagle, 200 miles west from Malta. And want fight with Italian Navy at Mapaan ... PLEASE !!! :o)

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 9
- 9/6/2002 11:54:33 PM   
Q-Ball

I join the chorus of voices! I want to send a Bombardment TF consisting of Littorio, Veneto, 3 Pola class CAs to bombard Malta! I want to bomb the Warspite with my SM 79 bombers! I want to send a TF built around Ark Royal to Port Attack Taranto! Swordfishes and Gladiators, SM 79's, Fiats, Stukas, U-boats, and Italian ship crew ratings in the 40's! (maybe an option could be to increase that, to even things out a bit). And, I want FROGMEN!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 10
- 9/7/2002 12:06:06 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]I'm really hoping for this one. Let's make the number of responses to this thread so high they can't ignore us.

Of course, Oleg or somebody will come grumping in pretty soon with a "what a boring subject" or "what a dog" or "it can't be done" or "history dictates that the number of bombs that could be carried under the wings of a modified PX-99 Pustule drag bomber were insufficient to penetrate the armor of a 1943 and one half modified version of the Escargot-class mess kit repair cruiser" comment.

By the way, Oleg, if ya ever make it in here, ya look great in a coal scuttle helmet. Much better than the old "infinitely expanding cranium" pic. [/B][/QUOTE]

Authentic German Stahlhelm, please! :cool:

I am not grumpy at all... of course I hope for a Med game... let's hope they give us an option "Italian ships may sortie out of harbor" for the more curageous among the Axis players, though :D

O.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 11
- 9/7/2002 12:33:56 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

We are planning on doing this BUT until War in the Pacific is done we will not make a final choice. If you like to see a third game in the series the best thing to do is to buy a copy of Uncommon Valor please if you do not own one already and purchase of copy of War in the Pacific when it available.

David

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 12
- 9/7/2002 2:10:08 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Oleg Mastruko
[B]

Authentic German Stahlhelm, please! :cool:

I am not grumpy at all... of course I hope for a Med game... let's hope they give us an option "Italian ships may sortie out of harbor" for the more curageous among the Axis players, though :D

O. [/B][/QUOTE]

hehehe. Yes, very "kuhl." I remember some guy who said that the Italians should have built their ships with glass bottoms so that the crews could see where they were going.

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 13
- 9/7/2002 6:02:07 AM   
Grouchy

Certainly want to see a Medgame...but after Gary does a remake of WIR :p (runs and hide)

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 14
- 9/7/2002 6:56:03 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grouchy
[B]Certainly want to see a Medgame...but after Gary does a remake of WIR :p (runs and hide) [/B][/QUOTE]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 15
- 9/7/2002 10:03:48 PM   
m10bob

Count me in for a "Med" spin-off as well...:D

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 16
- 9/7/2002 10:56:09 PM   
Mark W Carver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Q-Ball
[B] ... And, I want FROGMEN! [/B][/QUOTE]

Now [B]THAT[/B] would be wild! You've gotta include the Italian Naval Special Assault Units. By wars end, these units would sink, or severely disable, 86,000 tons of Allied warships and 131,527 tons of merchant shipping.

The Italian 10th Light Flotilla, perfected the use of the Human Torpedoes and was responsbile for 28 ships sunk or damaged in World War II. These ships include the battleships HMS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Valiant, cruiser HMS York and 111, 527 tons of merchant shipping.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 17
- 9/9/2002 1:38:22 PM   
MG'42

Yes Yes YES!
Med game would be great!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> UV relocated to Mediterranean ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI