Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 2:44:29 AM   
SoliInvictus202

in my current game, on which I just started an AAR on the forum (we're playing with the latest beta)
I am facing the following issue....

I'll attach to files of two subsequent turns

problem is that loading TFs on the West coast seems to be totally random for the 3rd day in a row now....
I loaded 1 TF specifically with Oil (4 Tankers), several TFs with Supplies, and some Tanker TFs with Fuel....
all or most were able to dock (but the amount of how much they loaded is not the issue here)

1st example:
day 1: 4 TKs ordered to take on oil at Los Angeles (docked)
day 2: 2 TKs are almost fully loaded, 2 TKs are totally empty (I would have expected that all are about half full)
day 3: all 4 TKs are totally empty again (and I just checked, I didn't change the orders)

2nd example:
day 1: several xAKs ordered to take on supplies at Los Angeles (docked)
day 2: no supplies loaded - I give the order again
day 3: no supplies loaded - same thing with all other larger TFs

only a few small AKL TFs loaded supplies - mostly single or 2 ship TFs...

what am doing wrong here or is there something wrong with the game?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 2:46:37 AM   
SoliInvictus202

file posted above is day 2
file posted here is day 3

I'd appreciate any help on this matter - if I am doing something awfully wrong here - great :D - means we don't have to start over again and the Allies can lose a few days...
if something's wrong...well....hopefully it can be fixed

never had this problem before!

thanks a lot for the help and/or advice!

R.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SoliInvictus202 -- 1/14/2011 2:58:03 AM >

(in reply to SoliInvictus202)
Post #: 2
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 7:32:53 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202

...I'd appreciate any help on this matter - if I am doing something awfully wrong here - great :D - means we don't have to start over again and the Allies can lose a few days...

Yep, you are doing something very wrong.

You must not attempt to move oil from the West Coast. It is all needed by the refineries in North America. There is zero daily surplus for export. A very common mistake made by inexperienced Allied players is to see the small oil stockpile surplus and assume they can export it. Don't. That very small surplus stockpile is almost certainly less than the amount you are trying to load onto your 4 tankers. (see earlier threads of about 12 months ago re the "bugs" which ensued if you attempted to do what you are trying)

Other than oil from the SRA which should end up being captured by Japan, the only place where you will mfind a surplus of oil for the Allies is at Abadan, and the only place which needs to import oil to maintain its refineries at full production, is Australia. The Abadan daily surplus equals exactly the daily Australian oil shortfall.

Alfred

Post #: 3
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 8:06:14 AM   
SoliInvictus202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202

...I'd appreciate any help on this matter - if I am doing something awfully wrong here - great :D - means we don't have to start over again and the Allies can lose a few days...

Yep, you are doing something very wrong.

You must not attempt to move oil from the West Coast. It is all needed by the refineries in North America. There is zero daily surplus for export. A very common mistake made by inexperienced Allied players is to see the small oil stockpile surplus and assume they can export it. Don't. That very small surplus stockpile is almost certainly less than the amount you are trying to load onto your 4 tankers. (see earlier threads of about 12 months ago re the "bugs" which ensued if you attempted to do what you are trying)

Other than oil from the SRA which should end up being captured by Japan, the only place where you will mfind a surplus of oil for the Allies is at Abadan, and the only place which needs to import oil to maintain its refineries at full production, is Australia. The Abadan daily surplus equals exactly the daily Australian oil shortfall.

Alfred

well - there was exactly 60000 oil stockpiled in Los Angeles at the start, when I ordered the loading - and, yes the Oil was meant for Australia, as there isn't enough there on the long run :D ....
the Tanker Convoy has exactly a load capacity of 37500 tons, as I precisely wanted to avoid of getting too much load capacity for that task - so if you say it's zero surplus then it should have loaded the oil...no? - but I can live with not moving oil from there....that solves however not the issue I think

still that doesn't explain the Cargo TFs that are not loading at all! - let's leave aside the Oil convoy for a moment - are there any reasons for the multiple Cargo TFs all over the West Coast not loading?

if someone could explain that for me, it'd be great!

thanks

R.

PS: just to clarify, I'm not here to complain about the game, I just really want to get my Convoy for Australia going... - it worked well in a short game against the AI - where I did exactly the same thing (with 2 TKs of Oil too , totalling about 20000 Oil back then)...

< Message edited by SoliInvictus202 -- 1/14/2011 9:11:32 AM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 8:21:10 AM   
Alfred

The tankers loading and unloading all use up stevedoring capacity. It could be as simple as not having sufficient capcity left over after the tankers and the small AKLs do their loading/unloading.

Do a search and you will see that there used to be code problems if you attempted to export the oil.

Alfred

Post #: 5
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 8:29:28 AM   
michaelm75au

You don't have specific destinations set for the TF. So once the TF loads up, the ships will then unload as the TF is at it's destination.

If you want to load up the TF without giving it a destination at the time, set the 'Do not Unload' option so the TF will keep the load on the ships.

Michael

Post #: 6
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 8:31:43 AM   
n01487477

You all do realise there is a minimum held (unloadable) fuel/oil limit which exists ? Hence you cannot suck all the fuel and oil out of some bases.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c - 1/14/2011 9:08:28 AM   
SoliInvictus202

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

You don't have specific destinations set for the TF. So once the TF loads up, the ships will then unload as the TF is at it's destination.

If you want to load up the TF without giving it a destination at the time, set the 'Do not Unload' option so the TF will keep the load on the ships.

they load and unload during the same turn? - ouch...I never thought of that - would have imagined them to load one day and the next unload again

I'll try that right away however- I never had that problem as the Japanese - I guess cause I always moved them somewhere and they don't load that quickly :D - if that is the case - I'd like to apologize to all of you, thanks for all the input and I'll officially declare myself the greatest noob ever!

thanks a lot, guys, all three of you - and sorry for making a fuss

R.

< Message edited by SoliInvictus202 -- 1/14/2011 9:13:01 AM >

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> TFs not loading on West Coast? beta 1108c Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI