Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Trouble

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> PBEM Trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Trouble - 1/25/2011 8:34:24 PM   
6971grunt

Trying to initiate an PBEM game as the Soviets. As the second player, I enter my password and click the "V" [check] button and it sends me to the saved section where it it saved.

Once it is sent to my German counterpart, he moves, attacks, etc., then enters his password saves the game and sends to me.

This is how I understand it from Rule 3.3.7. However, when I get the turn from the German it asks for his password.

Query:
1. Do I understand the initial PBEM process correctly? It seems identical to AE-WITP PBEM games.
2. Is the German player not entering his password at the ending his turn?
3. Why am I making this more difficult then it should be?

"Over?! It's not over until we say it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!" John Blutarsky from the Movie "Animal House"
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Trouble - 1/25/2011 8:52:12 PM   
2ndACR

Yep, sounds like he is not ending his turn but saving normally. He should be entering his password right at the start before he does anything.

Process is identical to WITP........try the server. I like it a lot. I have one regular and 1 on the server. Server it automatically saves the turn and sends an email to your opponent telling him to drop what he is doing and get to his duty.

(in reply to 6971grunt)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Trouble - 1/31/2011 12:25:59 AM   
6971grunt

Thanks, will try to get this game on track.....

"Over?! It's not over until we say it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!" John Blutarsky from the Movie "Animal House"

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> PBEM Trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI