Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why UV On-disk Manual not Updated?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Why UV On-disk Manual not Updated? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why UV On-disk Manual not Updated? - 9/11/2002 1:19:34 PM   
humunuku

I was hoping to find that my UV manual has automatically been updated, due to my having installed all the patches from v1.0 through v.1.4. However, my viewing of the document via Acrobat Reader shows that it is identical to the printed pages I produced with v1.0.

What might I be doing wrong? How do I update my on-disk manual to reflect all of the changes made via the patches?

(Of course, all of this assumes that the manual is SUPPOSED to have been updated: That is one of the highly touted advantages of the "on-disk" system, is it not?)

NOTE: I no longer have the patch files themselves, since I deleted those, under the belief that they were now superfluous. My game version, though, is definitely labeled as Version 1.4.

Bob Cohen
Post #: 1
- 9/11/2002 10:51:26 PM   
XPav

The manual has not changed.

There are several PDFs, one for each version, detailing the changes in UV.

I love it when a plan comes together.

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 2
- 9/12/2002 1:01:08 AM   
Joel Billings

The 1.40 PDF includes all changes made in all of the patches to date. Don't know if/when Matrix plans no updating the manual.

Joel

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 3
- 9/14/2002 11:50:46 PM   
humunuku

I am the originator of the inquiry for this thread, but am still confused, after reading the responses.

XPav stated:
"The manual has not changed.
There are several PDFs, one for each version, detailing the changes in UV."

On the other hand, Joel Billings stated:
"The 1.40 PDF includes all changes made in all of the patches to date. Don't know if/when Matrix plans no updating the manual. "

Thus, one fellow says the manual has not changed, while the second says the PDF includes all changes (but then also indicates that the manual is not updated).

I'm confused by the apparently different meanings of "the manual" versus the "1.40 PDF...and all of the patches."

IF version 1.40 DOES "include all changes made in all of the patches to date," why is that not reflected in my list of the UV files? Thus, my UV_manual.pdf still is dated 4/19/2002 (with a file size of 4,905KB). Instead, it should reflect an August or September 2002 date by now.

The whole point of this inquiry is: "Why isn't my on-disk game manual updated to reflect all of the changes made in the game since its original publication?" Again, one of the highly touted advantages of having the manual "on disk," was supposed to be Matrix's ability to update it for user convenience while playing the game. Why has that not happened?

Thanks to anyone who can resolve my confusion.

Bob Cohen:(

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 4
- 9/15/2002 5:47:26 PM   
elmo3

Bob

Look in your UV directory for a file called "UV Patch History". It is the .pdf file that contains a listing of all the changes in the patches. I believe that is the file Joel was referring to in his post. The manual has not been updated, although I agree with you that it should be done. Hopefully Matrix will agree too.

elmo3

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 5
- 9/15/2002 8:28:51 PM   
Fred98

The PDF file "Changes as a result of patch 1.4" is a list of changes to the game.

If the manual has been amended, the usewrs have not been advised.

(in reply to humunuku)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Why UV On-disk Manual not Updated? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI