Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Boarding actions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Boarding actions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Boarding actions - 1/13/2011 4:35:42 AM   
josephw

How do you board ships?
Post #: 1
RE: Boarding actions - 2/4/2011 7:11:38 AM   
goodwoodrw

I can't get the new tutorial to work, do I have to upgrade the data base?

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 2
RE: Boarding actions - 2/4/2011 2:51:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi BASB,

Is this after installing the new update for HUE?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 3
RE: Boarding actions - 2/4/2011 10:11:52 PM   
Bucks

Erik,

It seems to be a Database/Scenario signature mis-match. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the update's release until the expiry issue raised its head.

I haven't submitted any scenarios or an updated HUD3 to AGSI, although Taitennek's Website is currently hosting an updated HUD3 subsequent to the release of the HUE version of ANW 3.10.0. There's also an issue with the Game Executable files being updated that, as far as I know will require all Scenarios created with previous 3.10.0 to be rebuilt and saved for use with the current 3.10.1 release. Changes to the Game Engine require scenarios to be updated to allow both code fixes and feature updates to be applied.

I am endeavouring to transfer my current Database edits to the master copy of the HUD3 and I will then start the rebuilding process and commence posting the updated scenarios. We also face an issue with players downloading scenarios and a database that, was an intermediate release i.e. between 3.10.0 & 3.10.1 that now means players may have "mixed up" installations where, the signature issue we're seeing presents itself. Put simply this means the Patch may have simply restored an already updated version of the database and/or scenario(s). I'll make you aware that, I did not apply the patch; Russell sent me the new executables only. I'm not sure what was included in the patch beyond the execs and that's the first thing I'll need to know to solve this for everyone ASAP.

PROPOSED SOLUTION:
==================

1.> I will finish transferring my current work to the master copy of the HUD3 as soon as possible.

2.> Once complete, I will rebuild the nine (9) HUD3 tutorials and post both the updated HUD3 and nine scenario HUD3 Tutorial Battleset here on the Matrix HUE Forum as well as Taitennek's HUD3 website.

3.> I don't believe this is an issue that anyone can fix but me . I'd like to ask if I could be provided with a "manifest" of HUD3 related files that, may have been included in the patch? This will help me by allowing me to check the actual scenario files released with ANW HUE that will require me to rebuild and re-release.

Apologies to everyone, unfortunately the expiry issue has some ramifications for some people that, I will attempt to rectify as soon as possible.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Boarding actions - 2/5/2011 6:29:49 AM   
goodwoodrw

g'day Erik'
Yes after the last installment update
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Boarding actions - 2/6/2011 1:18:23 AM   
goodwoodrw

G'day Koelbach
still can't load this scenario. see screenie. I have d/l the 11 Jan version of the data base
ron
oops forgot the piccie

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BASB -- 2/6/2011 1:21:57 AM >

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 6
RE: Boarding actions - 2/6/2011 8:43:27 AM   
saruwatarikaito

Hi Darren,

from what I can see these are all the files that were changed with the most recent update:

C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3 Ultimate Advanced Naval Warfare

\Manuals\H3UANW-Basic-Manual[LIGHT].pdf
\Resource\DBPics\PLANEPIC.RES
\Resource\DBPics\SHIPPIC.RES
\Resource\DBPics\SUBPIC.RES
Database.dll
Harpoon3.exe
Harpoon3Client.exe
Harpoon3Editor.exe
Harpoon3ScenarioEditor.exe
Harpoon3Server.exe
HMW.dll
readme.rtf
TimLib.dll
whatsnew.pdf

Hope this helps

Ade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bucks

Erik,

It seems to be a Database/Scenario signature mis-match. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the update's release until the expiry issue raised its head.

I haven't submitted any scenarios or an updated HUD3 to AGSI, although Taitennek's Website is currently hosting an updated HUD3 subsequent to the release of the HUE version of ANW 3.10.0. There's also an issue with the Game Executable files being updated that, as far as I know will require all Scenarios created with previous 3.10.0 to be rebuilt and saved for use with the current 3.10.1 release. Changes to the Game Engine require scenarios to be updated to allow both code fixes and feature updates to be applied.

I am endeavouring to transfer my current Database edits to the master copy of the HUD3 and I will then start the rebuilding process and commence posting the updated scenarios. We also face an issue with players downloading scenarios and a database that, was an intermediate release i.e. between 3.10.0 & 3.10.1 that now means players may have "mixed up" installations where, the signature issue we're seeing presents itself. Put simply this means the Patch may have simply restored an already updated version of the database and/or scenario(s). I'll make you aware that, I did not apply the patch; Russell sent me the new executables only. I'm not sure what was included in the patch beyond the execs and that's the first thing I'll need to know to solve this for everyone ASAP.

PROPOSED SOLUTION:
==================

1.> I will finish transferring my current work to the master copy of the HUD3 as soon as possible.

2.> Once complete, I will rebuild the nine (9) HUD3 tutorials and post both the updated HUD3 and nine scenario HUD3 Tutorial Battleset here on the Matrix HUE Forum as well as Taitennek's HUD3 website.

3.> I don't believe this is an issue that anyone can fix but me . I'd like to ask if I could be provided with a "manifest" of HUD3 related files that, may have been included in the patch? This will help me by allowing me to check the actual scenario files released with ANW HUE that will require me to rebuild and re-release.

Apologies to everyone, unfortunately the expiry issue has some ramifications for some people that, I will attempt to rectify as soon as possible.

Cheers

Darren

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 7
RE: Boarding actions - 4/11/2011 9:28:40 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

[Following some players' pleas for assistance, Lesson9 is the start of a series of tutorials to be written as needed and as requested about the new features introduced by ANW and HUE that are not currently covered by the official tutorials.]

The 23rd NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

Lesson IX:  Underway Replenishment, Boarding, and Take-over

The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize the user with the Underway Replenishment, Boarding, and Take-over functions.    

Since this lesson requires transit between points for the ship under the user's command, it will be necessary for the user to use the time compression feature.  Consult the Harpoon II Command Card for the appropriate hot keys used to control time compression.  When running this lesson you should increase the compression of time between contacts to no more than 1 minute of compression.  Be prepared to resume 1 second level upon making a contact. If you run this tutorial lesson at a high time compression rate, you will not be able to properly respond to the contacts.

Following this lesson the user should be familiar with the following:

1.  Conduct an Underway Replenishment evolution
2.  Board and Take control of an enemy vessel
3.  Take control of an enemy facility.

Author: Herman Hum

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

(in reply to saruwatarikaito)
Post #: 8
RE: Boarding actions - 5/1/2011 9:09:57 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

These slurs just get easier, and easier, to de-bunk.
As always, folks can decide for themselves which file qualifies as a real tutorial. Here's yours:

quote:

LESSON IX - HUD3
-- LESSON IX: UnRep, Boarding and Takeover --

The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize the user how to conduct ship-to-ship unrep, boarding and takeover operations.

Playing through this lesson the user should become familiar with the following tactics:

1. Ship-to-ship Underway Replenishment.
2. Boarding of a hostile ships.
3. Takeover of hostile facilities.

Good Guys

INTELLIGENCE:
We have deteced a hostile base. Close to it there must be a hostile merchant ship.

MISSION:
Prepare your attacking birds for a strike, take the base and board the hostile ship.

EXECUTION:
1. Bring the AOR vessel and your LH close to each other. Then transfer AGM-65D Mavericks from the AOR vessel to the Essex.

2. Ready your Harriers with loadout
#142 SEAD (Sidearms and Mavericks).

3. Use your Harriers to destroy the EW sites and the hostile Command Post.

4. Now fly in your helos and take the ammo dump, the runway and the gas tank with your troops.

5. Find the hostile transport ship and board it with your helo based teams.

And here's ours:

quote:

Lesson IX
Lesson IX: Underway Replenishment, Boarding, and Take-over

The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize users with the Underway Replenishment, Boarding, and Take-over functions found with Harpoon Ultimate Edition [HUE] 3.10

Since this lesson requires transit between points for the ship under the user's command, it will be necessary for the user to use the time compression feature. Consult the Harpoon II Command Card for the appropriate hot keys used to control time compression. When running this lesson, you should increase the compression of time between contacts to no more than 1 minute of compression. Be prepared to resume 1 second level upon making a contact. If you run this tutorial lesson at a high time compression rate, you may not be able to properly respond to the contacts.

Following this lesson, the user should be able to:

1. Conduct an Underway Replenishment evolution
2. Board and Take control of an enemy vessel
3. Take control of an enemy facility.

This scenario was written for the PlayersDB

All comments welcome: hermanhum@hotmail.com

Good Guys

Orders for Commander of Good Guys

A. Underway Replenishment evolution
B. Board & Take-over an enemy vessel
C. Take control of an enemy facility

Underway Replenishment is an operation conducted between two vessels at sea. It involves the transfer of munitions (bombs, beans, and bullets) as well as fuel. This procedure allows vessels to stay at sea for much longer periods without the need to make port visits in order to replenish their supplies and magazines.

You have been assigned two units in this tutorial: AOR Patino and CVH Principe de Asturias.

1) Conduct Underway Replenishment by selecting the icon for the CVH Principe de Asturias.

2) Click on the Logistics button from the Toolbar. (This is the button that has three missiles shown on it.) The hotkey for the Logistics button is F5.

3) Now, click twice on the ship icon for the AOR Patino.

4) The AI will now plot a path for the CVH to intercept the AOR.

5) Unpause the Tutorial and allow the ships to meet. You may increase the time compression to facilitate this rendezvous.

6) A Reload Weapon Selection window will appear. The Mount List is on the left, the Mount Weapons for any selected mount will appear on the upper right, and the Magazine Weapons available will appear in the lower right.

7) To transfer weapons from the AOR Patino to the CVH, select the "Munitions - General x 0 / 30000" mount.

8) Now select the "1000lb Mk13 Bomb (1) x 0/10000" entry from the Mount Weapons.

9) Select the "1000lb Mk13 Bomb x 400/10000" entry from the Magazine Weapons. There are currently four hundred 1000lb Mk 13 bombs available for transfer to the CVH. Clicking on the entry will automatically allocate one bomb for transfer to the CVH and you can see the number increase by one in the Mount Weapons list.

The "Add Weapon" and "Remove Weapon" buttons will increase or decrease one weapon from the Mount Weapons list, respectively. The "Enter Number of Weapons" button allows the player to specify an exact number of weapons to be transferred.

Allocate fifty 1000lb Mk13 Bombs for transfer from the AOR to the CVH and hit OK.

10) The transfer is now performed automatically. Once complete, a message stating that "CVH Principe de Asturias has no orders" will appear.

11) Double-check the transfer by selecting the CVH icon and hitting the Logistics button (or F5 hotkey) twice. The "Reload Weapon Selection" window will re-appear.

This is the process whereby units from one side will attempt to board and seize control of a vessel from another side.

1) Select all four Ref Points named, "Boarding" and create an ASu Area Patrol mission named, "Patrol Boarding". Set the radar for mission emissions to Active.

2) Open the Mission Editor menu window and assign CVH Asturias to the mission.

3) Under the "Base Parameters" pull-down window, select the "PDb-HHH-PatrolBoarding" profile to assign the special parameters to the ASu mission.

4) Unpause the game and increase the time compression to 5 minutes. The CVH will board and take-over the ship found within the RefPts. Once control of the ship is transferred to your side, you can issue orders for it.

5) A message reading, "CVH Principe de Asturias successfully boarded MRCH Ocean Tug" followed by "CVH Principe de Asturias successfully took over MRCH Ocean Tug".

6) Re-start the tutorial and repeat steps B2-B4, except assign the MD 500 Defender MEX 94 helo to the mission in lieu of the CVH Asturias.

This is the process whereby units from one side will attempt to board and seize control of a land facility from another side.

1) Start the tutorial and select the icon for the C3I (Comm Centre) land facility.

2) Create a Ground Strike mission named, "Strike Takeover".

3) Open the Mission Editor menu window and assign the MD 500 Defender MEX 94 helo to the mission.

4) Under the "Base Parameters" pull-down window, select the "PDb-HHH-StrikeTakeover" profile to assign the special parameters to the Ground Strike mission

5) Unpause the game and set the time compression for 5 minutes.

6) A message of, "Defender MEX 94 successfully boarded C3I ( C3I (Comm Centre)" will appear followed by a message of "Defender MEX 94 successfully took over C3I ( C3I (Comm Centre)" when control is transferred to the player.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?99635-Boarding-and-Takeover

Post #: 9
RE: Boarding actions - 5/2/2011 11:49:39 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: koelbach

Vincenzo,

if you would actually look into the sim, open the scenario editor and compare the scens, you´d know better. If you´d even for one time had compared the PDB with the db2000 in the db editor, you´d known better.

But of course I did - this is the very reason why I know better.

quote:

Improving the camouflage when it comes to copying doesn´t change anything, the setups are easy to recognize for anyone who actually looks into the scens and the topics dealed with.

A little bit like trying to camouflage the bugs in the program doesn't make them go away, because *anyone* can open the list and check by himself if they are real or not. Well, I can only agree - on the opportunity for each one to check things and form his own opinion based of facts.

quote:

Maybe Matrix will follow Harpgamers example, where they just ended any PDB-related-spam once and for all:

Maybe: scenarios for the PDb will always be downloadable from other sites - but if Matrix decides that free contents for a game they distribute is "spam" this is their call.

quote:

Vincenzo, no need for any personal attacks or low level language.

Like the stray accusation of "copying", "plagiarism" etc. in the hope - dunno - that mere words can become reality. Again, I can only agree. Let's hope it stops here.

Post #: 10
RE: Boarding actions - 5/3/2011 7:53:57 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

[Following some additional players' pleas for assistance, Lesson9 is hereby expanded and re-released to cover the use of Linked Missions. This series of tutorials will continue to be written as needed and as requested about the new features introduced by ANW and HUE that are not currently covered by the official tutorials.]

The 23rd NEW Harpoon scenario of the year is re-released!

Lesson IX: Underway Replenishment, Boarding, Take-over, and Linked Missions

quote:

Lesson IX: Underway Replenishment, Boarding, Take-over, and Linked Missions

The purpose of this lesson is to familiarize users with the Underway Replenishment, Boarding, Take-over, and Linked Missions functions found with Harpoon Ultimate Edition [HUE] 3.10

Since this lesson requires transit between points for the ship under the user's command, it will be necessary for the user to use the time compression feature. Consult the Harpoon II Command Card for the appropriate hot keys used to control time compression. When running this lesson, you should increase the compression of time between contacts to no more than 1 minute of compression. Be prepared to resume 1 second level upon making a contact. If you run this tutorial lesson at a high time compression rate, you may not be able to properly respond to the contacts.

Following this lesson, the user should be able to:

1. Conduct an Underway Replenishment evolution
2. Board and Take control of an enemy vessel
3. Take control of an enemy facility
4. Link Missions sequentially

This scenario was written for the PlayersDB

All comments welcome: hermanhum@hotmail.com

Good Guys
Good Guys

Orders for Commander of Good Guys

D. Link missions sequentially

Underway Replenishment is an operation conducted between two vessels at sea. It involves the transfer of munitions (bombs, beans, and bullets) as well as fuel. This procedure allows vessels to stay at sea for much longer periods without the need to make port visits in order to replenish their supplies and magazines.

You have been assigned two units in this tutorial: AOR Patino and CVH Principe de Asturias.

1) Conduct Underway Replenishment by selecting the icon for the CVH Principe de Asturias.

2) Click on the Logistics button from the Toolbar. (This is the button that has three missiles shown on it.) The hotkey for the Logistics button is F5.

3) Now, click twice on the ship icon for the AOR Patino.

4) The AI will now plot a path for the CVH to intercept the AOR.

5) Unpause the Tutorial and allow the ships to meet. You may increase the time compression to facilitate this rendezvous.

6) A Reload Weapon Selection window will appear. The Mount List is on the left, the Mount Weapons for any selected mount will appear on the upper right, and the Magazine Weapons available will appear in the lower right.

7) To transfer weapons from the AOR Patino to the CVH, select the "Munitions - General x 0 / 30000" mount.

8) Now select the "1000lb Mk13 Bomb (1) x 0/10000" entry from the Mount Weapons.

9) Select the "1000lb Mk13 Bomb x 400/10000" entry from the Magazine Weapons. There are currently four hundred 1000lb Mk 13 bombs available for transfer to the CVH. Clicking on the entry will automatically allocate one bomb for transfer to the CVH and you can see the number increase by one in the Mount Weapons list.

The "Add Weapon" and "Remove Weapon" buttons will increase or decrease one weapon from the Mount Weapons list, respectively. The "Enter Number of Weapons" button allows the player to specify an exact number of weapons to be transferred.

Allocate fifty 1000lb Mk13 Bombs for transfer from the AOR to the CVH and hit OK.

10) The transfer is now performed automatically. Once complete, a message stating that "CVH Principe de Asturias has no orders" will appear.

11) Double-check the transfer by selecting the CVH icon and hitting the Logistics button (or F5 hotkey) twice. The "Reload Weapon Selection" window will re-appear.

This is the process whereby units from one side will attempt to board and seize control of a vessel from another side.

1) Select all four Ref Points named, "Boarding" and create an ASu Area Patrol mission named, "Patrol Boarding". Set the radar for mission emissions to Active.

2) Open the Mission Editor menu window and assign CVH Asturias to the mission.

3) Under the "Base Parameters" pull-down window, select the "PDb-HHH-PatrolBoarding" profile to assign the special parameters to the ASu mission.

4) Unpause the game and increase the time compression to 5 minutes. The CVH will attempt to board and take-over the ship found within the RefPts.

4a) If successful, control of the ship is transferred to your side, you can issue orders for it. A message reading, "CVH Principe de Asturias successfully boarded MRCH Ocean Tug" will appear followed by "CVH Principe de Asturias successfully took over MRCH Ocean Tug".

4b) If the boarding attempt is unsuccessful, a message reading, "CVH Principe de Asturias failed to board MRCH Ocean Tug" will appear.

5) Re-start the tutorial and repeat steps B2-B4, except assign the MD 500 Defender MEX 94 helo to the mission in lieu of the CVH Asturias.

This is the process whereby units from one side will attempt to board and seize control of a land facility from another side.

1) Start the tutorial and select the icon for the C3I (Comm Centre) land facility.

2) Create a Ground Strike mission named, "Strike Takeover".

3) Open the Mission Editor menu window and assign the MD 500 Defender MEX 94 helo to the mission.

4) Under the "Base Parameters" pull-down window, select the "PDb-HHH-StrikeTakeover" profile to assign the special parameters to the Ground Strike mission

5) Unpause the game and set the time compression for 5 minutes.

6) A message of, "Defender MEX 94 successfully boarded C3I ( C3I (Comm Centre)" will appear followed by a message of "Defender MEX 94 successfully took over C3I ( C3I (Comm Centre)" when control is transferred to the player.

D. Link Missions sequentially

This is the process whereby a series of missions can be sequentially linked. As one mission ends, the next mission commences. Only missions that have a definitive end point after completion (i.e. Specific target is destroyed following a specific strike mission) will be able to initiate a subsequent mission.

1) Select the Ref Point "Egress" and create a Transit mission named, "Egress".

2) Select all four Ref Points named, "Boarding" and create an ASu Area Patrol mission named, "Patrol Boarding". Set the radar for mission emissions to Active.

3) Open the Mission Editor menu and assign CVN Asturias to the mission.

4) Under the "Base Parameters" pull-down menu, select the "PDb-HHH-PatrolBoarding" profile to assign the special parameters to the ASu Mission.

5) Under the "Secondary Mission" pull-down menu, select the previously created mission, "Egress".

6) Start the tutorial and increase the time compression to 5 minutes.

7) The CVH will attempt to board and take-over the ship found within the RefPts.

8a) If the ship is successfully boarded and captured, a message reading, "CVH Principe de Asturias successfully boarded MRCH Ocean Tug" will appear followed by "CVN Principe de Asturias successfully took over MRCH Ocean Tug".

Control will be transferred to your side and both vessels will immediately follow the assigned secondary mission by sailing towards RefPt Egress.

8b) If the boarding attempt is unsuccessful, a message reading, "CVN Principe de Asturias failed to board MRCH Ocean Tug" will appear.

CVH Principe de Asturias will then initiate the secondary mission and sail towards RefPt Egress alone.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

< Message edited by Vincenzo Beretta -- 5/3/2011 8:01:47 PM >

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Boarding actions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI