Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Discontinued?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Discontinued? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Discontinued? - 2/7/2011 4:24:00 PM   
strykerpsg

Your website shows this title as discontinued. So as an officially discontinued game, will support end as well? I have noticed the promised patch has not made it yet, though the Ultimate Edition continues to be actively supported. Really not trying to stir the pot here, but it seems there have been promises to repair this version and it will not see the light of day. Please tell me I am wrong on all accounts so I won't feel as though I wasted my money on a title that is going no further.

Matt
Post #: 1
RE: Discontinued? - 2/8/2011 5:17:08 AM   
rich12545

The pot has already been stirred.  The promised patches for this and HCE are more than three months late.  They will be the last unless you buy Ultimate.  A crappy deal but c'est la vie and caveat emptor. 

(in reply to strykerpsg)
Post #: 2
RE: Discontinued? Nope - 2/8/2011 6:42:24 PM   
uncleharpoon

Hi

As noted in the new forum, we are beta testing the updater right now. I'm sorry that our production has been delayed, there have been funerals and several serious illnesses in this period of time. It simply drove everything to a halt.

Now as of Feb 7, 2011 I'm pleased to report that we did ship a minor fix to ANW that addressed a timeout issue and the artwork viewer. We have completed building the upgrade that you'll get for free but when we tested it we found some issues and are fixing them (could be back in beta this week).

Thank you for feeling comfortable in posting your concerns.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 3
RE: Discontinued? Nope - 2/8/2011 9:39:42 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncleharpoon

Hi

As noted in the new forum, we are beta testing the updater right now. I'm sorry that our production has been delayed, there have been funerals and several serious illnesses in this period of time. It simply drove everything to a halt.

Now as of Feb 7, 2011 I'm pleased to report that we did ship a minor fix to ANW that addressed a timeout issue and the artwork viewer. We have completed building the upgrade that you'll get for free but when we tested it we found some issues and are fixing them (could be back in beta this week).

Thank you for feeling comfortable in posting your concerns.

Don,

I haven't checked in here in a while - nice to 'see' you!

I sort of missed whatever announcements there were about ANW and Ultimate. I have ANW, and while I had all the Classic versions (and Harpoon 2, and Harpoon 3 when done by - was his name Jesse Spears?), I'm not interested in the older stuff, just ANW and whatever might succeed it. Therefore, I haven't bought Ultimate, as I figured it was just a compilation. Now, seeing the above about ongoing patches only for Ultimate, I figure I better get some clarification. Could you please oblige?

Is ANW really going 'discontinued' after the next patch?

Will the ANW component of Ultimate be further patched (beyond plain ANW)?

What is in the works as a successor to ANW/Ultimate? If I could be really bold, I haven't seen the name "Harpoon IV" in quite a while!

Any guidance you can give me would be terrific.

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 4
RE: Discontinued? Nope - 2/8/2011 11:33:49 PM   
uncleharpoon

Ah, Matrix posted at length about this but allow me to post a short version.

We decided to bundle the products on their next major update (Nov 2010) and for the 20th Anniv, throw in most of the prior versions all the way to the CES demo's of 1988!

The CE product is another iteration of the ongoing polish led by Tony and his crew (especially Brad on the database). It has some of the www.digitalmilitaryart.com artwork included for the platforms.

The ANW product is a very clean release of the product with the addition of parameterized missions, boarding actions, upgraded sonar (always sure to be a love/hate affair) and more bugs fixes. It also has an updated HUD3 database and upgraded scenarios, plus some original ones showing off the boarding action feature. It has MORE of the digital military artwork. The only two snafu's reported are covered above and fixed. We bundled ALL the editors as well, including the tools to encrypt the ANW database.

We are working on a FREE update for existing CE and ANW users to bring them to the current builds. No editors, no artwork.

HUE's builds are the ones we will update going forward until such time as we figure out a business model for Harpoon 5.

Content wise, we are working on building a BattleSet around StrikeGroup Reagan (avaiable from Amazon.com - just bought a copy myself) and maybe Chris Irvine's book too.

Does that fill in the gaps?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: Discontinued? Nope - 2/8/2011 11:41:47 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: uncleharpoon

Ah, Matrix posted at length about this but allow me to post a short version.

We decided to bundle the products on their next major update (Nov 2010) and for the 20th Anniv, throw in most of the prior versions all the way to the CES demo's of 1988!

The CE product is another iteration of the ongoing polish led by Tony and his crew (especially Brad on the database). It has some of the www.digitalmilitaryart.com artwork included for the platforms.

The ANW product is a very clean release of the product with the addition of parameterized missions, boarding actions, upgraded sonar (always sure to be a love/hate affair) and more bugs fixes. It also has an updated HUD3 database and upgraded scenarios, plus some original ones showing off the boarding action feature. It has MORE of the digital military artwork. The only two snafu's reported are covered above and fixed. We bundled ALL the editors as well, including the tools to encrypt the ANW database.

We are working on a FREE update for existing CE and ANW users to bring them to the current builds. No editors, no artwork.

HUE's builds are the ones we will update going forward until such time as we figure out a business model for Harpoon 5.

Content wise, we are working on building a BattleSet around StrikeGroup Reagan (avaiable from Amazon.com - just bought a copy myself) and maybe Chris Irvine's book too.

Does that fill in the gaps?

Most definitely & thanks!

(in reply to uncleharpoon)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Discontinued? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI