Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Korea 50

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Korea 50 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Korea 50 - 2/7/2011 10:14:02 PM   
blackknight1916

Hi all-

Anyone have some general strategy tips for the Communist side? I am playing against the strong AI and the best I can do is a marginal defeat. If I go all out for Pusan I get mauled and end up being pushed back over the parallel, and when the Chinese come in the seem only to be able to stabilize the front around the parallel. I have always stopped any Inchon-type flanking maneuver, but my DPRK troops always lose in the frontal struggle. When I tried to take Seoul only and hold the neck it was even worse!

Tips appreciated!

Post #: 1
RE: Korea 50 - 2/7/2011 10:23:14 PM   
sapper32

Hey Blacknight i lured the US/ROK forces deep into NK they got a bit disorganised and i took advantage of that and destroyed some powerfull units that were low on readiness and supply before surging south myself untill i ran out of steam then clung on for a marginal victory as i remember,Love this scenario it was one of the first computer wargames i ever played.

Ian

(in reply to blackknight1916)
Post #: 2
RE: Korea 50 - 2/8/2011 2:23:43 PM   
Oberst_Klink

A gung-ho strategy that works (I admit, it also caught me off guard...) is, to use the eastern approach, avoiding any congestion and entangling of your divisions, it's possible to reach and capture Pusan in 3-4 turns. This however worked (when I got defeated by a human opponent) ONLY when most of the units are orange/static for whatever reason. I couldn't move/react at all. It's worth a try. Use the amry support level motorcycle, tank, AA, specvial forces and rush down with 2-3 divisions. I would like to try it out against a human, so... up for a test run, version 3.4.201?

kLiNk, Oberst

P.S. My opponent who achieved that feat (with a tad of luck, ofc) was zukov

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 3
RE: Korea 50 - 3/7/2012 12:17:06 AM   
Pantera

I would play with you this crazy scenario:)

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> Korea 50 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI