Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: how to treat a lady

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/9/2011 12:31:56 PM   
sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

BUMP!!!

Shameful, isn't it? I hope Mandrake and Sprior appreciate you.

We provide you with hours of entertainment - for free - and we should apprciate you lot?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3811
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/9/2011 2:46:17 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

quote:

BUMP!!!

We provide you with hours of entertainment - for free - and we should apprciate you lot?

You didn't know that Mandrake is charging for this???

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 3812
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/9/2011 3:40:24 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BUMP!!!

Are you TRYING to cause trouble? He is already mad at me for getting Warspite sunk.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3813
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/9/2011 4:04:59 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

BUMP!!!

Are you TRYING to cause trouble? He is already mad at me for getting Warspite sunk.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 3814
Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 4:05:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Without even a scintilla of conscious effort, a quite robust internal security apparatus has developed in the Mandrake household. Mandrake Jr. and Stalker Girl Jr. have a serious, mutual, ovarian repulsive force field going on. This goes back to when Stalker Gril Jr's. boyfriend erroneously accused Mandrake Jr's. female friend of stealing his Ipod and Mandrake Jr's. friend retaliated by hilariously calling Stalker Girl's boyfriend an "illegal alien" even though she is first generation Persian-American.

So, naturally, both of them started informing on the other when they tried to sneak over their boyfriends during the day. Meanwhile, the "Mayan" can't stand Stalker Girl Jr's boyfriend either. I think he must have some Aztec blood. So the "Mayan" starts informing on Stalker Girl Jr. and pretty soon, Stalker Girl Jr. is passing information to Haupsturmfurher Stalker Girl about the "Mayan" not working very hard during the day. All along, because I pay the bill, the "Mayan" has been informing on Mandrake Jr.. I think Mandrake Jr. figured this out because she is the one who told me the "Mayan" was watching telenovelas during the day.

Who is informing on me? I am pretty sure the guy with the $10,000 mailbox is informing on me to Sharfurher Braun.

So, anyway, here is the game theory angle. If they could all just keep their mouths shut, maximum benefit would acrue to all, but this requires trust and there is substantial benefit to informing (revenge and a possible lucrative post in the apparatus) so the most desired outcome is inherently unstable.

Here is a simplified line diagram

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3815
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/9/2011 4:35:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

BUMP!!!

Appreciate? No, that's too much to ask. Paying our bill for unsolicited advice and picking up the bar tab? That's quite reasonable.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 3816
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 4:37:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Stalker Girl's boyfriend

Typical Southern California relationship triad. I shouldn't be too surprised, I guess.

ETA: Or did you mean to put the suffix "Jr." after this?

ETA II: Nice touch with the wheels on the "People's Car".

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/9/2011 5:25:34 PM >

Post #: 3817
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 5:18:07 PM   
VSWG

Uh-oh, sounds like another Night of the Long Knives is in the making... Watch out, Cap Mandrake! 

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3818
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 5:18:19 PM   
anarchyintheuk

It's like watching the formation of Reich's bureaucracy irt, except for their HOA policies which were most agressive.

Post #: 3819
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 5:21:29 PM   
Mynok

Is the Mayan trying to make the world end?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 3820
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 5:23:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Uh-oh, sounds like another Night of the Long Knives is in the making... Watch out, Cap Mandrake! 

Yeah, he's right! Who's playing the role of the Brown Shirts?

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 3821
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 5:27:32 PM   
anarchyintheuk

The HOA. Mandrake must defeat it to take over the SoCal Reich.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3822
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 6:57:53 PM   
Mynok

The NotLK will be followed shortly by the Year of the Litigation.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 3823
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 8:56:09 PM   
CaptDave

Sounds to me like a good setup for a game of Diplomacy.  Wonder if there would be a way to sell tickets to watch...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 3824
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 9:53:05 PM   
Chickenboy

What a great game that was! I would so never play that game with anyone here, I'll tell 'ya that much! It may go a little something like this:

CB: Mynok, you'll move your navy to challenge Dixie's naval units here, right?

Mynok: Yes.

CB: OK. I'll commit to doing the same.

CB: And USS Mike, you'll move your land forces to Steve's capital here, right?

USS Mike: Affirmative.

CB: OK. I'll commit to doing the same.

====Turn 1 resolution===

CB: WTF! Both of you guys moved your armies into my capital and took it!

USS Mike: Sorry, dude-I thought that was our agreement.

Mynok: I committed to doing the same.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 3825
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 9:56:29 PM   
Mynok

I only played it once I think. Goobers made me play Austria.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3826
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 10:36:51 PM   
Grollub

Austria can be quite fun. Hard to play good though, and definitely not the country I would like to play as a beginner

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 3827
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/9/2011 10:48:08 PM   
Mynok

Oh, they were well aware of what they were doing.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 3828
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 12:27:13 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Dont listen to him Mandrake. Dont watch out. The outcome will still be the same but at least you can die swiftly and much less tense.

< Message edited by Onime No Kyo -- 2/10/2011 12:30:01 AM >

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 3829
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 12:56:00 AM   
stuman

quote:

Without even a scintilla of conscious effort, a quite robust internal security apparatus has developed in the Mandrake household. Mandrake Jr. and Stalker Girl Jr. have a serious, mutual, ovarian repulsive force field going on. This goes back to when Stalker Gril Jr's. boyfriend erroneously accused Mandrake Jr's. female friend of stealing his Ipod and Mandrake Jr's. friend retaliated by hilariously calling Stalker Girl's boyfriend an "illegal alien" even though she is first generation Persian-American.

So, naturally, both of them started informing on the other when they tried to sneak over their boyfriends during the day. Meanwhile, the "Mayan" can't stand Stalker Girl Jr's boyfriend either. I think he must have some Aztec blood. So the "Mayan" starts informing on Stalker Girl Jr. and pretty soon, Stalker Girl Jr. is passing information to Haupsturmfurher Stalker Girl about the "Mayan" not working very hard during the day. All along, because I pay the bill, the "Mayan" has been informing on Mandrake Jr.. I think Mandrake Jr. figured this out because she is the one who told me the "Mayan" was watching telenovelas during the day.

Who is informing on me? I am pretty sure the guy with the $10,000 mailbox is informing on me to Sharfurher Braun.

So, anyway, here is the game theory angle. If they could all just keep their mouths shut, maximum benefit would acrue to all, but this requires trust and there is substantial benefit to informing (revenge and a possible lucrative post in the apparatus) so the most desired outcome is inherently unstable.

Holy Sh*t. Sounds complicated.

But nice flowchart. Flowcharts are the beginning of wisdom

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Post #: 3830
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 1:57:14 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

The end of wisdom? It's gotta be THE THREAD!!! Nobody ever accused that place of containing anything resembling wisdom.

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 3831
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 1:58:57 AM   
Onime No Kyo

At least not when youre there.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3832
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 3:26:10 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL:
quote:

I dunno. I suspect that the flowchart is in error; even in the Mandrake household I'd bet that OKW and Hauptsturmfuhrer Stalker Girl are one and the same. He's dreaming if he feels she must report through him to reach higher authority!

Which means that Mandrake, caught in the middle (instead of being on top looking down), will most likely end up just like the ham and cheese when a Pannini Sandwich is completed.

Still, we gotta like your take on where you felt you could position yourself in this :domestic dispute." Self-esteem is something we greatly value here in California...

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3833
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 3:32:41 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL:
quote:

I dunno. I suspect that the flowchart is in error; even in the Mandrake household I'd bet that OKW and Hauptsturmfuhrer Stalker Girl are one and the same. He's dreaming if he feels she must report through him to reach higher authority!

Which means that Mandrake, caught in the middle (instead of being on top looking down), will most likely end up just like the ham and cheese when a Pannini Sandwich is completed.

Still, we gotta like your take on where you felt you could position yourself in this :domestic dispute." Self-esteem is something we greatly value here in California...

Mmm....Hauptsturmfuhrer Stalker girl...leather SS breaches...caught in the middle...sandwich...positions...(wipes drool from chin)

My God how I love this thread.

Ummm...Cap'n? Will you be providing us some pictures of these various participants?

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 3834
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 3:39:58 AM   
witpqs

quote:

It's an episode of Undercover Boss!

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 3835
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 10:49:08 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL:

Mmm....Hauptsturmfuhrer Stalker girl...leather SS breaches...caught in the middle...sandwich...positions...(wipes drool from chin)

My God how I love this thread.

Ummm...Cap'n? Will you be providing us some pictures of these various participants?

Probably he can't post them here... at least not in the positions you are imagining them above!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3836
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 12:33:38 PM   
sprior

We need a turn.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3837
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 12:38:44 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Wow! That conversation took a wrong turn in a hurry.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 3838
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 3:45:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

We need a turn.

Precisely. With this lot it is like taking a bunch of 13 yr olds on a guided tour of Gettysburg with Shelby Foote and all they want to know is when they can go to Starbucks to log on to jennajameson.*

*Not sure about the spelling of jennajameson.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/10/2011 3:46:01 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 3839
RE: Game theory and the Stasi - 2/10/2011 3:47:44 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Sign in today is UTYOHE, which is Tananese for "By Ensign McGoo! They dropped half the spamlets on the Shinto boys!"

Post #: 3840
Page:   <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  126 127 [128] 129 130   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI