Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/6/2011 12:33:11 PM   
pacificbetta

Thanks!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2191
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/7/2011 1:58:19 PM   
Chris21wen

Problem with LCU Production screen. It keeps comming up with the following error. Note there's more of it but I cannot get it all on the screen the bottom half is in the next post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Chris H -- 2/7/2011 2:05:44 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2192
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/7/2011 2:05:26 PM   
Chris21wen

The rest

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2193
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/8/2011 4:41:54 AM   
jcjordan

Not sure what's going on but I just loaded first turn into 1.7.1 but no alerts at all of any kind regardless of display setting but when I load the turn into 1.6.? it shows numerous ones. As far as 1.6 goes I've been using it for some time & loading turns occasionally into it (about 2-4 times/game mo). Would this be normal w/ the new version that I won't get any alerts on the first turn load but will on future turns due to it comparing the previous load for changes? I'd think I should have some showing from kills or something like that that happen every turn.

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 2194
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/8/2011 12:31:06 PM   
beppi

I have a little request if a feature could be added to the Current Device Usage.

During one of the last updates we got a very nice "Draw" Column in the Device Overview screen which helps quite a lot to see if units draw equipment and to micromanage the turn on/turn off replacements to upgrade units.

So on the main devices screen i see in addition how many devices are needed (Column Needed) but to identify the units which could need additional devices it is a little hard to find. In the current device Usage i can sort for AMT or TOE or Delta for the devices drawn last turn. Could it be possible to just add an other column called static delta or so which just displays the difference between TOE and AMT to allow sort by it ?

A scenario is for example: I have more than enough USMC43 Squads to fill out any important unit and upgrade everything to the 43 Squad Type. But i do not want to upgrade static stuff or stuff bound to the west coast. So to find units on different Spots to turn replacements on i have to scroll a lot in the little list to find all units which currently need devices to fill out their TOE.

And finally like always the praise to the devs

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by beppi -- 2/8/2011 12:33:47 PM >

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2195
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/8/2011 1:04:26 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Not sure what's going on but I just loaded first turn into 1.7.1 but no alerts at all of any kind regardless of display setting but when I load the turn into 1.6.? it shows numerous ones. As far as 1.6 goes I've been using it for some time & loading turns occasionally into it (about 2-4 times/game mo). Would this be normal w/ the new version that I won't get any alerts on the first turn load but will on future turns due to it comparing the previous load for changes? I'd think I should have some showing from kills or something like that that happen every turn.

You are correct with your guess that the first turn loaded into any Tracker version will not generate any alerts, as they are only generated after comparing the current turn to a previous one. You will see them starting with the second turn you load.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2196
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 2:21:18 AM   
BigDuke66

First a big THANKS to anyone who participated in the development of the great tool.

Gong thuh my first turn and trying to get everything fine I had some ideas, not sure if this is the right place for those but I just drop them here, maybe they hit

1. Plane Comparison
-More slots so you can compare more than 2 planes.
-With that also a function to take over the settings from the previous Slot so they don't have to be set again & again.

2.Industry Data Set
-Hex field numbers would be very useful, so you don't have to go to the base screen to see where a location is(same would be good for the Resource data set).
-I would like to have a function that allows me to "mark" bases and let the tracker calculate the different industrial results(resources, fuel, oil, etc.) so one can see what is going on the in a certain area, nice to see what the numbers a globally but not very useful if you try to find out how it looks in Australia or on of the DEI islands.

3. Ship Upgrades
-Would be nice to see the upgrade screen with a similar folder structure like the conversion screen has, and also listing all upgrades not only within a specific timeframe also a filter function by type(BB, BC, etc.) woiuld be useful.

4. Overall
-Is the "Region" that is seen over some screens a bug? Because it's alway "Unassigned" or "Japan". More useful would be to choose from different "isolated" areas like Java, Sumatra, etc. so you could again see what is going on in an area.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2197
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 2:41:31 AM   
Nomad

Floyd and Damien, I need to report a memory allocation anomaly.

When I use this command line I get an error that not enough memory is available when I try to load a turn file.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

And when I use this line it works fine.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have 6GB of memory installed. I do not understand why decreasing the maximum amount of memory available will let the turn load. I have about 3 GB of unassigned RAM available.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2198
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 2:44:04 AM   
Nomad

BigDuke, it sounds like you have not loaded a region file yet. I will direct you to the WitPAE Tracker Wiki for help. I would suggest the you use Kulls region file and not one of mine. Look here for help

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2199
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 8:49:43 AM   
Chris21wen

Any help on the lcu production screen?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2200
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 4:54:59 PM   
BigDuke66

@Nomad
Thanks totally overlooked that feature.

Another question, is this normal?

I:\WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1>java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 19 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknow
n Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.getBackupImage(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.getBackupSurface(Unknown Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.image.SunVolatileImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsConfiguration.createCompatibleVolatileImage(Unknown
Source)
Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.getVolatileOffscreenBuffer(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknow
n Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.initialize(Unknown Source)
Source)
Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.getVolatileOffscreenBuffer(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknow
n Source)
ce
n Source)

at sun.awt.image.VolatileSurfaceManager.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.SunDisplayChanger.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit$3.run(Unknown Source)
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce
ce

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2201
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 6:16:32 PM   
Theages

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

When I use this command line I get an error that not enough memory is available when I try to load a turn file.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx1024m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have 6GB of memory installed. I do not understand why decreasing the maximum amount of memory available will let the turn load. I have about 3 GB of unassigned RAM available.

java.exe is a 32Bit Application. It can address a maximum of 2GByte. The first variant reserves 1 Gbyte. The second variant allocates a quarter less. When trying to load a turn, additional memory is requested. If requested memory is greater than the available amount (2GByte - 1024M; or 2Gbyte - 768M) the error occurs. The second variant allows for more memory being requested.

There is a way to allow for 3Gbyte being used by java.exe, that requires hex-editing jave.exe (see post 1698).

< Message edited by Theages -- 2/9/2011 6:26:15 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2202
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 6:29:22 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theages

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

java.exe is a 32Bit Application. It can address a maximum of 2GByte. The first variant reserves 1 Gbyte. The second variant allocates a quarter less. When trying to load a turn, additional memory is requested. If requested memory is greater than the available amount (2GByte - 1024M; or 2Gbyte - 768M) the error occurs. The second variant allows for more memory being requested.

There is a way to allow for 3Gbyte being used by java.exe, that requires hex-editing jave.exe (see post 1698).

According to this, the -Xmx parameter is the maximum possible pool size

-Xmsn
Specify the initial size, in bytes, of the memory allocation pool. This value must be a multiple of 1024 greater than 1MB. Append the letter k or K to indicate kilobytes, or m or M to indicate megabytes. The default value is 2MB. Examples:

-Xms6291456
-Xms6144k
-Xms6m

-Xmxn
Specify the maximum size, in bytes, of the memory allocation pool. This value must a multiple of 1024 greater than 2MB. Append the letter k or K to indicate kilobytes, or m or M to indicate megabytes. The default value is 64MB. Examples:

-Xmx83886080
-Xmx81920k
-Xmx80m

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 2203
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 6:40:46 PM   
Theages

If I remember correctly, tracker uses a second thread for the "Load Turn" command. Maybe that second thread tries to additionally allocate the same xmx memory amount as the starting line does.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2204
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 6:52:19 PM   
Milman

Which regions should i load for patch 06i ? Didn't play one year so just to check witch regions are up to date.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2205
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 6:56:29 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Theages

If I remember correctly, tracker uses a second thread for the "Load Turn" command. Maybe that second thread tries to additionally allocate the same xmx memory amount as the starting line does.

The other part that I see I didn't put in my first post is that the one with a -Xmx1024 switch worked for over 60 turns and then quit. I changed it to the -Xmx768 and it then worked.

(in reply to Theages)
Post #: 2206
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 7:53:47 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Milman

Which regions should i load for patch 06i ? Didn't play one year so just to check witch regions are up to date.

I don't think the patch level matters for which regions file you use. AFAIK if you load a file with extra bases they just get ignored... so, I suggest loading the scenario 28 regions file (the corrected one that I presume they distributed with Tracker, but I haven't checked on that last piece).

Worst case is, let me know you don't have it and I'll post it.

To explain what I mean by 'extra bases' - DaBabes added a small number of bases above and beyond those in scenario 1. It does have all the scenario 1 (&2, etc.) bases so you won't be missing any. About 6 months ago I went through that file to look up all the Lat and Lon of the bases, and I discovered a few that were in the wrong regions (& corrected them). Whether the plain scenario 1 file has those corrections or not I have no idea.

(in reply to Milman)
Post #: 2207
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 9:45:56 PM   
BigBadWolf

Just noticed something weird, I'm sorry if it's been already addressed.

Game is OBEM, Scen 79, Reluctant Admiral. Tracker version 1.6.1. Ship AA ratings in Tracker and in game do not match, in fact, games shows twice the amount Tracker does. See pictures below.

Whom do I trust?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2208
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 11:11:19 PM   
Nomad

Think of AA value as being something relative. It is hard to put a single number on it. The AA value is composed of different types and sizes of guns with different effects and ceilings. Even two ships that are different classes might have the same AA value but they would have different effect at different altitudes. Did I muddy that up good enough?

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 2209
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/9/2011 11:40:44 PM   
witpqs

The developers have confirmed that the 'AA Rating' that gets displayed is used for nothing - nada. It's just a display item for us humans. So like Nomad said, look at them relative to each other. But, the more you look at the actual AA weapons you will see things like 1.1in being versus 40mm Bofors as much more meaningful.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2210
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/10/2011 7:27:15 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Hi guys - great work on Tracker.

If possible could you please add Parent and SubParent columns to the LCU page to display units that have been broken down via the Editor (as opposed to the /a, /b, /c in game splits)? If you already have this functionality in Tracker please point me in the right direction.

Here is an excel version I put together for my use using an LCU CSV dump from Tracker, and then scanning units one at a time in the WITPAE Editor. It would be nice if this could update throughout the game automatically in Tracker. Since the info is in the scenario files I would think it should be accessible to your program.

Change .txt to .zip to get the excel file.

Thanks!

Attachment (1)

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2211
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 3:53:52 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

Hi guys - great work on Tracker.

If possible could you please add Parent and SubParent columns to the LCU page to display units that have been broken down via the Editor (as opposed to the /a, /b, /c in game splits)? If you already have this functionality in Tracker please point me in the right direction.

Here is an excel version I put together for my use using an LCU CSV dump from Tracker, and then scanning units one at a time in the WITPAE Editor. It would be nice if this could update throughout the game automatically in Tracker. Since the info is in the scenario files I would think it should be accessible to your program.

Change .txt to .zip to get the excel file.

Thanks!

I'm in Thailand at the moment so haven't got to see the xls file ...

Currently there is no functionality for that - however I did work it out some time ago (I just didn't complete the coding & pass it onto Floyd)

Otherwise in the LCU production area you can see general fragmentation (non-editor)

Thanks and I'll see about it for next release

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 2212
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 7:11:56 AM   
Hanzberger

Why do I get a SYS warning if there are 6 figures worth of supplies? ie Vehicle/repairing SYS 104568<<<under warning

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2213
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 1:33:26 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Alerts are generated only when you load an additional turn - we generate them as part of the turn loading process, not the database initialization process.

Floyd

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2214
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 1:40:05 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

Just noticed something weird, I'm sorry if it's been already addressed.

Game is OBEM, Scen 79, Reluctant Admiral. Tracker version 1.6.1. Ship AA ratings in Tracker and in game do not match, in fact, games shows twice the amount Tracker does. See pictures below.

Whom do I trust?

For some reason, the formula in WitPTracker computes the AA rating and then divides it by 2. I can easily fix that one...

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 2215
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 8:30:45 PM   
Hanzberger

OK I am wondering why Tracker is showing that I have type 4 mines but my in game screen is showing zero.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2216
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 8:31:23 PM   
Hanzberger

here

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2217
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 8:37:56 PM   
Nomad

disregard

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/11/2011 8:38:17 PM >

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2218
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/11/2011 9:15:18 PM   
dorjun driver

Gentlemen;

Is it true that a red arrow in a column, up or down , indicates a “bad” change in circumstance, while a green arrow, again, either up or down , indicates a “good” one? If so, there is a continuity error in at least the Air Groups and Pilots data set.

In the Air Group History screen, increasing morale and decreasing fatigue are both denoted by green arrows, which makes perfect sense. In the Air Group Pilots screen, however, decreasing fatigue is denoted by a red arrow.

It’s only a nit, but I had to pick it. Yeah yeah yeah… I know it’ll never heal!

Thanks for a great tool,

Doug

Attachment (1)

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2219
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 2/12/2011 1:07:24 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

OK I am wondering why Tracker is showing that I have type 4 mines but my in game screen is showing zero.

I'll need a save to determine.

Floyd

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2220
Page:   <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  72 73 [74] 75 76   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI