Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there any AI?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Is there any AI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there any AI? - 2/13/2011 3:58:06 PM   
Knu

Bought the game and have tried two scenarios, but it seems that the AI, if it exists, doesn't do anything. It doesn't build even a single unit and it doesn't move any of it's units or try to form armies. It just basically sits there in it's starting setup.

Have tried to give all the bonuses to AI and I do have the AI activated checked, but nothing happens at all.

Is there any AI or what could be the problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there any AI? - 2/14/2011 12:02:19 AM   
hgilmer3

I do not have the game, but I own Wars in America, Aegod's American Civil War, and Rise of Prussia, all titles made by the same company, and I can tell you from experience, that yes, it has AI, and most people think it is pretty good AI, but obviously not as good as a human.

Are you sure it has done nothing?

KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.

(in reply to Knu)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there any AI? - 2/14/2011 1:34:40 AM   
jack54

Hi Knu,

Sorry you're having a problem. There definatly is an AI.

I did notice the HQ activation check box defauts to a stack not being able to move if the commander fails activation. I set it to move with penalty. In the Finland scenario when I tried playing the REDS the commanders failed many activation checks and could not move.

I have had some very enjoyable battles against the AI so I would think this is some setting issue... If it doesn't improve I would contact Ageod Support listed in the manual they're very helpful!

Good Luck!

(in reply to Knu)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there any AI? - 2/14/2011 7:40:59 AM   
Knu

Hello and thanks for the replies.

I actually uninstalled the game and installed again, this time I didn't apply the unofficial patch, that I found from Ageod forums.

Now the AI seems to function like I've gotten used to it in ACW and in BoA.

Something perhaps went wrong with installation or with the patch, as the setting window also popped up constantly.

The Finnish Civil War scenario seems a bit slow though on AI side, no matter if it's White AI or Red AI, there's not much action. Other scenarios seem fine.

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Is there any AI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI