Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need to redownload game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Need to redownload game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need to redownload game - 2/13/2011 10:45:29 PM   
Williamb

I have this game but I lost it in a computer crash. I tried to redownload via Digital River but it says it doesnt recognize my order number. Have no clue where to go from here.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/14/2011 3:21:24 AM   
Erik Rutins

Please contact our Help Desk with as much of your order information as you have.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 2
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/14/2011 7:04:02 AM   
lion_of_judah

Good luck with that. I have been wanting to re-download "Guns of August" due to game crashing when I installed the latest patch and I have yet to hear anything from the helpdesk. One other thing I have been waiting since last March for a reply on this so it is now almost a year.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 3
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/14/2011 8:17:00 AM   
Sarkus

The update broke my install (Error code 200, says my serial number information is wrong - verified that is correct). The support FAQ says to uninstall the game and reinstall but I'm in a similar boat as the OP. I own the game, but can't find the install files anywhere. When I contacted the support desk they told me I was SOL because it's been more then two years since I purchased the game. I'm not very happy about that response, as it was Matrix' update that broke my installation. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix the problem I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Despite what support told me, I was able to find my order via Digital River's "Findmyorder" service and am redownloading the game as we speak. Not sure why the person who responded to my support request couldn't have at least pointed me in the right direction. Or for that matter why, even when they know I have a legitimate copy of the game, Matrix doesn't just let me download the game again when all the Digital River service does is send me to a Matrix Games page. Not the best way to handle things IMHO.

< Message edited by Sarkus -- 2/14/2011 8:38:02 AM >

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 4
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/14/2011 11:13:35 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Lads... see http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2639173&mpage=1�

quote:

Happened to me too, mate. Do the following:
Backup your Opart.ini file and your scenario and saved game folders. De-install ALL the different TOAW folders you might have. Re-install using the versions from 3.2.x to 3.4.201, I renamed all the Opart3.exe files to their version number in order to play the diferent versions of PBEM games in progress. e.g. Opart 3.4.201.EXE and so on.

Don't ask me what scr*wed things up. Just offering a solution/workaround. Even I worked in CS/TS for awhile before being posted to STALAG 13.

kLiNk, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Sarkus)
Post #: 5
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/14/2011 8:36:48 PM   
Sarkus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Lads... see http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2639173&mpage=1?

quote:

Happened to me too, mate. Do the following:
Backup your Opart.ini file and your scenario and saved game folders. De-install ALL the different TOAW folders you might have. Re-install using the versions from 3.2.x to 3.4.201, I renamed all the Opart3.exe files to their version number in order to play the diferent versions of PBEM games in progress. e.g. Opart 3.4.201.EXE and so on.

Don't ask me what scr*wed things up. Just offering a solution/workaround. Even I worked in CS/TS for awhile before being posted to STALAG 13.

kLiNk, Oberst

That works and its also what Matrix Support suggests. Now that I've reinstalled the game I had no problem getting the update to work. It just seems like a bit of a bug on the part of the devs for that particular error to happen. In my case I verified my serial number was correct both in the original install and the update but still got the error. Having to delete and reinstall is a pretty extreme solution, IMHO.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 6
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/16/2011 2:03:51 AM   
Williamb

Erik thanks for the answer but that isnt the problem I went to the help desk. It sends me to :Find my order"

I enter the order number which was sent to me via email. And use my password which was also sent to me. And I get "Order number not found".

All my info is correct. I have no clue as to why I cant redownload this.

(in reply to Sarkus)
Post #: 7
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/16/2011 4:00:10 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Bill,

have you still got the email about the purchase? In case they're a tad too *stubborn* and they need, yet again, more proof - DRI*Matrix Games US on your credit card staement should do the trick, too. They should have at least an FTP server where one can login with the registered username, pw and the serial number... Just my 2p.

kLiNk, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Williamb)
Post #: 8
RE: Need to redownload game - 2/16/2011 9:51:07 PM   
Williamb

Part of the problem is IU lost that credit card and got a new one. So dont remember what my old card number is

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Need to redownload game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI