Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Bolshevik PBEM-AAR at SI-Games.com

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> After Action Reports >> A Bolshevik PBEM-AAR at SI-Games.com Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Bolshevik PBEM-AAR at SI-Games.com - 2/14/2011 11:17:37 AM   
Hohenlohe

Dear fellows, dear grognards,

as a longtime old strategy games fan I am not only a great Grigsby fan but since 2006 even a great AGEOD fan and so I have played most of the AGEOD titles based on the different AGE-Engines many times. Now I have started my first PBEM and at the same time my first PBEM-AAR at all.
In the current PBEM I am playing the Red side, although I wanted to play the Southern Whites because I love the Cossacks and their history. Some years ago I encountered some old Don Cossacks living here in Munich since WWII as I worked as a postman in their living area. So I have deep feelings for these freedom-loving people and their century-long fight against any suppressors in the Ukraina and Don and Kuban Area.

But now back to the topic. I am a member of the german strategy community mostly based at http://www.si-games.com with only about 3600 members and about 740 very active ones. The hardcore group of us are playing wargames for a very long time and we are supporting not only Paradox games but at the same time Matrixgames titles like WITP/AE with some decent good AARs and even some good TOAWIII or just some WITE AARs. BUt at the same time we are tTHE GERMAN AGEOD COMMUNITY and I understand myself as a very firm fan of AGEOD and therefore I started not only my first AAR with RUS and the Finland Scenario but now even my very first PBEM with the GC scenario as a Red- I was convinced by one of our very experienced AACW-player "Hasardeur" with a good PBEM-experience to take the Red side, but now we are still heavily in some fights and I am now in some trouble with my southern Red armies around Ekaterinador and Tsaritsyn.

For all you English-Speakers I must regret that my AAR is only in German because I want to make some propaganda for the AGEOD titles in our community.
So I suggest you to use either Babelfish or Google Translations to read the AAR in your language. Sorry for that...
Here is the related link to our forum:
http://www.si-games.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21467
I hope you have fun and can enjoy my AAR...

greetings to all grognards from Munich, the Bavarian capital...

Hohenlohe, a longtime Matrix and Ageod fan...

< Message edited by Hohenlohe -- 2/14/2011 11:18:09 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: A Bolshevik PBEM-AAR at SI-Games.com - 2/24/2011 1:09:47 AM   
ogar

Thanks for posting this, and for posting your AAR.

And you have screenshots -- lots of them -- for those of us who are, erm, 'deutsch-challenged'.

I, too, think highly of RUS, and find myself sneaking in 'just one more turn' - although I am nowhere near good enough for a PBEM.

Ogar

(in reply to Hohenlohe)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> After Action Reports >> A Bolshevik PBEM-AAR at SI-Games.com Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI