Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Abandoned Spaceport

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Abandoned Spaceport Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 7:35:30 PM   
Zenra

Just starting a new game and there is a "Small Space Port (PRIVATE)" and listed as "(Abandoned)" in a system near my starting colony. Unlike abandoned ships I've run across in earlier games I cannot seem to figure out how to claim it. Does anybody know whether a Spaceport can be claimed like an abandoned ship can?

Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 7:39:47 PM   
shinobu

Highlight one of your explorer ships then right click over the spaceport. On the menu there should be a listing that says something like "investigate spaceport". That should do it.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 2
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 7:50:29 PM   
Data

This is indeed the textbook way but I had a surprise once with a base surrounded by kaltors. I brought some military to clear the way for the explorer to investigate it...only to find that the military also claimed it as soon as they were in range.
It seems that the investigation / claiming part does not require a scanner per se, it can be done by any ship.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 3
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 8:47:45 PM   
Elrohir525

Hello Mitchell.  It's also been my experience that some of the abandoned spaceports start out damaged and need to be fully repaired by a Construction Ship in order to claim them.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 8:58:18 PM   
Zenra

Ah, thanks everybody for the insight. I had brought ships in but not an explorer type and so will try that. If that doesn't do it then a constructor, too. I cannot tell if it is damaged - it does show having 200 shield power and 25 firepower with 190 range, but everything else is "(Unknown)".

Mitchell

(in reply to Elrohir525)
Post #: 5
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/19/2011 9:20:41 PM   
J HG T

You should usually see the condition of derelict bases quite easily. If it's damaged, it has same damage textures as ships and bases once you get their shields down and put some holes in them. You can also handily check this by selecting one of your constructors and checking if the cursor changes to repair when you point the base.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 6
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/20/2011 8:17:01 PM   
Merker

The abandoned spaceports in roid fields are THE BEST abandoned bases around. Not only do they give you an insight on the system, but some of them have mining equipment and not to mention weapons, which help protect additional mining bases from pirates and creatures. One of those in my capital system became more visited than the capital itself!!!! Dozens of ships daily passing through there.
My advice is to grab them ASAP, or just build one yourself.

Cheers

< Message edited by Merker -- 2/20/2011 9:53:47 PM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 7
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/20/2011 9:34:43 PM   
Data

They also usually contain storyline elements

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Merker)
Post #: 8
RE: Abandoned Spaceport - 2/22/2011 2:32:28 PM   
Zenra

Indeed - once repairs were completed the base proved to be a valuable one, including a story line element. It's proximity to a number of valuable rocks and with a gas mine in the same system providing fuel make it quite a boon for the early phases of this game.

Mitchell

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Abandoned Spaceport Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI