Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 2:30:20 PM   
magnno66

Hi,

Been waiting for this game since it was first anounced by 2by3. and now at last! After a few scenarios I dived in to the big one. Some 25 turns in to the game I find myself sometimes spending more time on micro managing SUs, air planes, leaders, guns replacement levels etc when I have a full war to take care of!I'd much more like to spend more time on planning and execution of long term strategies. I appriceate the level of depth which is puerly astonishing, and I admit I even like putting together that killer-army sometimes through micro management! What I lack is probably good ideas how I can automate things or at least minimize the repetative tasks Id like to perform. So any tips and tricks are welcome on this threat.

I have a particular anoying thing right now that someone might have a good answer to.

- I found some 40 air regiments with a very low morale in service at the airfields. I'd like to move them all to national reserve in one (or very few) klicks instead having to locate each of them, then (by some 3-4 klicks per regiment (or 120-160 klicks)send them to the reserve.

The "Reserve" button on the airfiled only seems to cater for regiments having huge losses. Not when they have bad morale.

Tips any?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley
Post #: 1
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 3:30:48 PM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: magnno66

- I found some 40 air regiments with a very low morale in service at the airfields. I'd like to move them all to national reserve in one (or very few) klicks instead having to locate each of them, then (by some 3-4 klicks per regiment (or 120-160 klicks)send them to the reserve.

The "Reserve" button on the airfiled only seems to cater for regiments having huge losses. Not when they have bad morale.

Tips any?

You can send all non frozen airfields planes back to the national reserve through the commanders report. Just click on the reserve at the top under air groups tab. They get a +15 morale bonus for going to the national reserve.

If you dont wanna send them all then deselect the one's you dont need.

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 2
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 4:04:25 PM   
magnno66

thanks. maybe a stupid question. How do I de-sellect?

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room." President Merkin Muffley

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 3
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 4:52:50 PM   
cookie monster

a broad deselection by type can be made at the bottom

you could for example deselect all transport planes

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 4
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 8:47:07 PM   
magnno66

thanks cookie monster. That one I understand. BUT. If I, for example, sort all planes on morale and want to sellect all planes below say 50% morale (and to send them back to national reserve. how do I de-sellect the ones above 50 in an easy way?

Post #: 5
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/21/2011 10:56:32 PM   
GFelz

And that is a wonderful question. Inquiring minds want to know.

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 6
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/22/2011 12:09:24 AM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: magnno66

thanks cookie monster. That one I understand. BUT. If I, for example, sort all planes on morale and want to sellect all planes below say 50% morale (and to send them back to national reserve. how do I de-sellect the ones above 50 in an easy way?

Work it out for yourself!!!

Cos I dunno!

(in reply to magnno66)
Post #: 7
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/22/2011 2:41:02 AM   
Mynok

The filters at the bottom are pretty much it as far as selecting/deselecting goes.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 8
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/22/2011 4:40:31 AM   
mmarquo

The filters are not for morale; you can sort the units using the morale button and then start the slow process of visiting each unit with moral < 50% and sending it individually to the national reserve; keep you left pointer on the C button and right hand on the mouse - rinse and repeat as many times as needed...

Marquo

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 9
RE: tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? - 2/23/2011 9:34:06 AM   
magnno66

Marquo. Thanks for the tips. The "c-boogie-thing" is of some help at least in the admin klickfest.

It seems however that the sorting and filtering options needs some further development in order to survive 4 yrs on the eastern front. At least for me...

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> tips on how to avoid micro management and klick fests? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI