Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie looking for people's tactics players

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Newbie looking for people's tactics players Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie looking for people's tactics players - 2/22/2011 2:02:24 AM   
Taygeta

Hi,
I am planning to buy ATG when it comes out, but until then I am trying to learn the basics on the old free version called People's Tactics. I would be greatly honored if someone had the time to maybe do a couple of email games with me and after kicking my butt all over the battlefield would perhaps give me a few pointers? If not then that's cool too and i will continue to battle the AI until ATG comes out. Then maybe I'll be good enough to play with humans? :-)

Peace,Tay
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie looking for people's tactics players - 2/23/2011 8:27:45 PM   
Jeffrey H.

...never played PT.....

If you happen to get AT then sure, lets go at it.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Taygeta)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie looking for people's tactics players - 2/23/2011 10:15:49 PM   
Taygeta

Thanks. Will AT be upgradable to ATG without having to pay the full price? If so then i will probably go ahead and get it now. I understand that AT is a more advanced version of PT? There is one thing that I am trying to figure out. How do i calculate how much of and what part of a given Unit will be on the front in a battle? is it unnecessary or even counter productive to place more infantry in an Armour unit then the Armour can carry? I have many questions but the "front" thing seems to be important for the conservation of my critical resources in any given game. Anyway thanks again for your reply and i will let you know when i get AT downloaded.

Peace, Tay

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie looking for people's tactics players - 2/24/2011 2:23:29 AM   
Jeffrey H.

Honestly don't know about the ATG cost plans. Vic might come in and let us know. He has said the scenarios and mods from AT will be compatible with ATG.

The front question is a little difficult to answer because it's very general. I never really plan my production that way, because it never seems like there is enough production for everything I want or need. I tend to try and keep my units in full supply and then I pace my research based on game events. If I find that the combat situation demands more forces I'll drop research and go to full on "war" footing, just 'beans and bulletts' with nothing else set aside.

Often times I have to stay on top of production every turn.

There are stacking penalties in the comba models for overstacking, cramming too much into a single hex. The AI seems to ignore it though.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Taygeta)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Newbie looking for people's tactics players Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI