Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mouse over pop-ups?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Mouse over pop-ups? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/13/2011 6:12:29 PM   
TPM

I just downloaded the update, and I'd really like to get into it, but I can't get past these annoying mouse-over pop-ups...when I hover over a unit, for example, a "close-up" shot of the terrain along with some text comes up...is there any way to turn this off? I apologize, I've looked for it in options, etc., and I can't find it. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/13/2011 7:08:31 PM   
berto

Play -> Player Options -> Tool Tip Show

set this to some very high number, e.g., the max: 100000

< Message edited by berto -- 2/13/2011 8:21:49 PM >

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 2
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 6:01:39 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Easiest way to change it - Game Screen - Options -> Default Options -> Classics Defaults

kLiNk, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 3
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 9:14:11 AM   
chrisol

Hi,

Can you tell me, if you change it back to "Classic Defaults" as above, is it just the interface you are changing (ie no more detailed pop-ups, right-click brings up options to plan attack/attack as a group etc.) or does it go back to more fundamental differences "under the hood" ?

Thanks
Chris

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 4
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 9:48:57 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Hiya mate!

It affects the interface changes and some advance options e.g. new supply, new turn order. But that's easily reviewed and changed.

kLiNk, Oberst

P.S. Checked it again, hence the "edit".

< Message edited by Oberst_Klink -- 2/14/2011 9:51:50 AM >

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 5
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 10:42:43 AM   
chrisol

Many thanks.

I love the new graphics, particularly close up (a little less sure when zoomed out).  The pop-ups are useful but a little distracting, so I think I'll just delay them for a while and keep on with the new interface to see how it grows on me.  The new supply etc. sounds like a significant advance so I don't really want to turn it off if I can help it,

Thanks again,
Chris

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 6
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 2:22:59 PM   
marjur

IMO, the tool-tips can be quite helpful but their location is often a pain in the arse because they they appear very close to the hex, sometimes even covering it a little bit; they also cover much of the surrounding area.

How about changing the location of the tool-tip box in a future patch, e.g. noticeably lower or higher than the hex we want to inspect. I think about 1 or 2 centimetres away wouldn't be a bad idea.

< Message edited by marjur -- 2/14/2011 5:27:48 PM >

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 7
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/14/2011 4:34:39 PM   
TPM

quote:

ORIGINAL: marjur
IMO, the tool-tips can be quite helpful but their location is often a pain in the arse because they often cover the are that you want to inspect, particularly the the hex that you want to focus on - they appear very close to it, sometimes even covering it a little bit.

How about changing the location of the tool-tip box in a future patch, e.g. noticeably lower or higher than the hex we want to inspect. I think about 1 or 2 centimetres away wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thanks for the tips guys! Regarding the above post, maybe it should just have a "permanent" place in the interface, say in the upper left or right, or bottom left or right, of the screen?

(in reply to marjur)
Post #: 8
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/21/2011 3:20:40 AM   
mamnich24

Dear Guys,
I'd like the pop-ups to stay on longer. I've tried setting the two lines in Play/Player options, and it doesn't seem to help.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 9
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/22/2011 7:35:02 AM   
emcgman

The new tool tips don't seem to stay on for more than 5 seconds no matter what you set the delay to. If you set the the hide delay to 100 seconds, the tool tip still stays on for only about 5 seconds. Although the location isnt optimal, I still like the new tool tips, especially for the terrain picture.

Could you please take a look at this when you have a chance, thanks.

Also, this new upgrade is AWESOME, especially the new map grahics.

Thank you, Matrix and TOAD!!

(in reply to mamnich24)
Post #: 10
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/22/2011 8:01:16 AM   
berto

I have both delays -- Tool Tip Show, Tool Tip Hide -- set to 10 seconds. Indeed, things are working as intended, in particular with the tool tip vanishing after 10 seconds display time.

(BUT: I did try an experiment of, in-game, setting the Tool Tip Hide to 20 seconds. The display time remained at 10 seconds. Not sure what's happening here. Maybe one has to exit and restart for Tool Tip Show, Tool Tip Hide changes to take effect?)

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to emcgman)
Post #: 11
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/22/2011 9:40:04 AM   
Lipa

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM
Regarding the above post, maybe it should just have a "permanent" place in the interface, say in the upper left or right, or bottom left or right, of the screen?

This would be very useful indeed. I think SPWaW has something like this implemented as an option - you can either have tool tips at the location of the mouse, or somewhere up above in the corner of the screen...

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 12
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/22/2011 2:52:42 PM   
mamnich24

Dear Guys,
My experience is that after setting the tool tip values, you have to exit. The next time you open the game with the new values, the delays will respond correctly. Changing the values in the options does not seem to take immediate effect.
Mike

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 13
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 2/22/2011 7:23:23 PM   
Iron Stringbean

For what its worth, I set my "tool tip show" value to 1500 and my "tool tip hide" value to 50, and it really works well for me. It's long enough so it doesn't pop up (usually) unless I want it to, and it stays up long enough for me to actually read the information.

(in reply to mamnich24)
Post #: 14
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 3/4/2011 7:13:49 AM   
akdreemer

My preference would be to be able to switch it off/on. It is annoying, to say the least.

(in reply to TPM)
Post #: 15
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 3/5/2011 2:00:20 AM   
1_Lzard

AlWar,

set as these for an OFF status: toolTipHideDelay=0 toolTipShowDelay=9999999

(in reply to akdreemer)
Post #: 16
RE: Mouse over pop-ups? - 3/27/2011 2:26:01 PM   
demyansk

I like that also, have the tooltip placed somewhere else on the screen, it is useful

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 17
Optional tooltip place - 9/2/2012 7:34:53 AM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lipa

quote:

ORIGINAL: TPM
Regarding the above post, maybe it should just have a "permanent" place in the interface, say in the upper left or right, or bottom left or right, of the screen?

This would be very useful indeed. I think SPWaW has something like this implemented as an option - you can either have tool tips at the location of the mouse, or somewhere up above in the corner of the screen...

Second!
Gary Grigsby's War in the East use an option like this. A setting you may set the exact place for the tooltip.

(in reply to Lipa)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Mouse over pop-ups? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI