Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing skipped scenarios from a campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Playing skipped scenarios from a campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing skipped scenarios from a campaign - 9/14/2002 7:46:08 AM   
Baldrick

I play a scenario from a compaign until I get a DV so I can play the next with my core units rather than squander them. I know the next will be hard even with them and without them it's a forlorn hope. But this means I've missed an opportunity to play another scenario. Is there a way I can play these skipped scenarios with my experienced core units? Maybe make a scenario from data contained in the save file? Bear in mind I'm one of these content to play other peoples scenarios and have no expertise in scenario design or the intracasies of how files are treated in SP. I hope got my question across.
Post #: 1
- 9/14/2002 7:58:35 AM   
Supervisor

Possibly, but not normally, depending on how well you advance, if you don't perform well you may get kicked back to an earlier battle, but this design only ususally happens in MegaCampaigns because they are written in that manor. Most normal Campaigns usually continually progress unless you fail miserably then your campaign can end abruptly.

(in reply to Baldrick)
Post #: 2
- 9/14/2002 9:56:05 AM   
Baldrick

Thanks. I'm well aquainted with getting tossed out of a campaign cuz of poor performance. I just feel I'm missing out of someone's hard work and feel... I don't know, maybe not doing my part to appreciate the author's work.

(in reply to Baldrick)
Post #: 3
Re: Playing skipped scenarios from a campaign - 9/15/2002 2:43:39 PM   
wulfir

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Baldrick
[B]Is there a way I can play these skipped scenarios with my experienced core units?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes.

If we are talking about user made camapigns, that is...

Use the edit campaign function. Look at your chosen campaign and see if there are any battles you have not played.

Change the numbers that determine how the campaign flows (the nodes). Use caution, however, if you are not familiar with how it works - it won't take long to learn if you don't.

(Take some of the existing (stand alone) scenarios and make a 5-battle 'phoney' campaign' or something and you will quickly figure out how it works.)

If this is done after you have played through your campaign 'the old fashioned way', it might mean your core force warpes back in time, i.e. you might fight a battle in Normandy with Pershings etc.

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Baldrick)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Playing skipped scenarios from a campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI