Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A good Place to Advertise

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> A good Place to Advertise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A good Place to Advertise - 9/13/2002 10:48:42 AM   
siRkid

There is a Naval magazine called Proceedings that is read by almost every one in or connected to the Navy. It is publised by the U.S. Naval Institute. It would be a great place to advertise UV. [url]www.navalinstitute.org[/url]

Rick

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 1
- 9/13/2002 10:52:50 AM   
Mojo

Whew! When I saw the post I immediately though of product placement in the movies and thought for sure you were going to suggest painting "Pepsi" on the side of all the Allied ships or something.;)

Seriously though your idea is a good one.

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 2
- 9/13/2002 11:00:50 AM   
denisonh

Excellent idea Kid! I know they have been showcasing an interactive piece of software on the Battle of the Nile, I can't help but think that this would be much more appropriate!:)

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 3
- 9/13/2002 5:16:26 PM   
siRkid

[QUOTE]Originally posted by denisonh
[B]Excellent idea Kid! I know they have been showcasing an interactive piece of software on the Battle of the Nile, I can't help but think that this would be much more appropriate!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, who knows maybe they would do an artical and UV could get some free advertisement.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 4
- 9/13/2002 10:53:21 PM   
XPav

Read the type of articles that go into [URL=http://www.usni.org/Proceedings/PROcurrentoc.htm]Proceedings[/URL]

I think a better idea would be ads in WW2 historical mags

I love it when a plan comes together.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 5
- 9/14/2002 12:18:58 AM   
Feinder

Yeah, I would think advertising in

"World War 2 History" and/or
"Military History"

by Primedia Publications would be potentially beneficial (I have subscriptions to both). Then again, I have no idea what the rates are. I do know they do occasionally have games advertised (there's a full page add for "BattleFront" in almost every issue).

-F-

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 6
- 9/14/2002 2:10:05 AM   
denisonh

If you can get the Naval Institute to do a piece on it for no cost, it couldn't hurt.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 7
Re: A good Place to Advertise - 9/14/2002 4:23:21 AM   
Wolfar100

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid
[B]There is a Naval magazine called Proceedings that is read by almost every one in or connected to the Navy. It is publised by the U.S. Naval Institute. It would be a great place to advertise UV. [url]www.navalinstitute.org[/url]

Rick [/B][/QUOTE]

Kid nice idea!

I feel that the Navy Times is read by perhaps many more though than the Mag Proceedings. Proceedings was mostly always kept in the ward room on ships and seems in my memory mostly to have been read by Officers and not the general enlisted.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 8
- 9/14/2002 7:07:58 AM   
siRkid

Officers have more money.:D I was enlisted and I read it all the time, of course after it was chucked out of the wardroom.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 9
Wardroom gets it for free... - 9/14/2002 7:21:22 AM   
SWODOG

The wardrooms on USN ships recieve the subscription to Proceedings for free. The other magazine published by the Naval Institute that is really worth a look is Naval History. Not so much political opinions and essays etc. like Proceedings but some amazing recounts of famous events in Naval History.

ps. Senior Chief, as a former defense council at one of your annual functions (in 1986 while serving as ASW Officer on USS Blakely FF-1072) I wish to say I enjoy reading your posts and am happy to see the guys who really run the USN represented here. I especially enjoyed reading your AAR early on when you had UV and we were waiting for its release. When I'm ready to play for real, I'll e-mail you a turn. Tom-O

Don't worry about the mice when the elephants are stomping on your head...

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 10
- 9/14/2002 7:32:50 AM   
siRkid

SWODOG

"as a former defense council at one of your annual functions (in 1986 while serving as ASW Officer on USS Blakely FF-1072)"

Ahh those were the days. They are not the same now days. Its a kinder gentler navy now. I hope you did a better job than my defense council. ;)

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 11
probably not.... - 9/15/2002 6:20:41 AM   
SWODOG

I was to busy getting sick courtesy of the Master Chief and you are right it's not the same anymore...:)

Don't worry about the mice when the elephants are stomping on your head...

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 12
- 9/15/2002 2:32:19 PM   
Von Rom

There are a lot of WWII and history magazines out there on the newsstands that would be worth advertising in.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> A good Place to Advertise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI