Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing in UV but needed in WITP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Missing in UV but needed in WITP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing in UV but needed in WITP - 9/15/2002 6:36:04 AM   
SWODOG

I miss the letter/number designations of the ships being listed. I really appreciated the patch that added ship class information and it was so well done with the AAW and ASW ratings but I would still like to see the designations in WITP.
Here's why I think it might be needed. Yorktown Class Carriers: CV-5 Yorktown, CV-7 Wasp, CV-8 Hornet Essex Class Carriers:CV-10 Yorktown, CV-18 Wasp, CV-12 Hornet. Australia Class Heavy Cruiser Canberra and Baltimore Class Heavy Cruiser CA-71 Canberra. There are lots of other examples where ships were named for others that were sunk.
In the long campaign in WITP in may be possible for both ships to still be afloat and present.
In my previous life I learned ship types more from those letter designations and by just knowing the numbers DD-963 vs DDG-993, CG-2 vs CG-47, FF-1052 vs FFG-7, DDG-7 vs DDG-51.
Anyway its just something I thought I'd share to see what ya'll think. Thanks Tom-O

Don't worry about the mice when the elephants are stomping on your head...
Post #: 1
DDG-7? - 9/15/2002 8:58:57 AM   
RevRick

Now why worry about the difference between the Wilson and the Burke - DDG-2 (the good old Charlie Deuce) was the name ship! [I'm certainly not a plank owner, but I spent a lot of time watching the ocean go by over her taffrail.]

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to SWODOG)
Post #: 2
Missing in UV.. - 9/15/2002 9:35:14 AM   
RevRick

a contact report that gives us some idea of which way the contact is headed - usually the report would enclose a rough idea of the course and speed. I don't need a degree and speed, just tell me SE, NE, NNE, etc.

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to SWODOG)
Post #: 3
oops... - 9/15/2002 9:24:09 PM   
SWODOG

Sorry shipmate, I had FFG-7 stuck in my head and typed DDG-7. Thanks for correcting me. Hopefully Charlie Adams will forgive me. I spent some time crossdecking on the Barney (DDG-6) trying to learn about Standard missles. That ship was a blast to drive!

Don't worry about the mice when the elephants are stomping on your head...

(in reply to SWODOG)
Post #: 4
Ship Names - 9/16/2002 12:15:44 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Why not use the original names for ships which were renamed in honour of those sunk? Ie, Yorktown (CV10) was originally to be named Bon Homme Richard; Hornet (CV12) was to be named Kearsarge, etc. Would simplify the problem I think.:)

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to SWODOG)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Missing in UV but needed in WITP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI