Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Fire In the East scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Fire In the East scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 11/29/2010 11:15:49 AM   
Vic

That map looks defenitely stunning!

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 31
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 11/30/2010 11:19:05 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

The events i have worked on so far are mainly partisan events

Further down the thread you imply that the partisans are actually represented on the map, rather than just as events. Is their supply the same as that for conventional forces?

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 32
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/1/2010 5:44:32 AM   
Grymme

CSO_talorgan: They are generated by random events, like in most other scenarios (so far there is no other way to generate them). But they do not consume any supply, so they can go on forever. And yes they are an SFT type like others.

Thanks Vic, as said before i am quite proud of the map.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 33
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/1/2010 11:03:51 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Thanks for the feedback.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 34
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/2/2010 10:03:50 AM   
Grymme

No problems, i like talking about the scenario. Any ideas about how to make the scenario more interesting is more than welcome. I myself find that partisans sometimes become a tedious part of playing. They appear and get killed, appear and get killed. I have some ideas about events where the soviet player can paradrop heavy equipment etc to the partisans and improve them that way.

Btw. Looking for a good OOB of the Iranian (Persian forces) during the invasion in 1941. If anyone could point me in that direction i would be thankfull.

Post #: 35
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/2/2010 10:03:51 AM   
Grymme

No problems, i like talking about the scenario. Any ideas about how to make the scenario more interesting is more than welcome. I myself find that partisans sometimes become a tedious part of playing. They appear and get killed, appear and get killed. I have some ideas about events where the soviet player can paradrop heavy equipment etc to the partisans and improve them that way.

Btw. Looking for a good OOB of the Iranian (Persian forces) during the invasion in 1941. If anyone could point me in that direction i would be thankfull.

Post #: 36
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/2/2010 8:37:19 PM   
ehzorg

If the partisans could appear with like, 10 turns worth of supply, that would make things more interesting. Partisans should not be limited by the same supply constraints that regular army is. That and perhaps an AT gun and a horse on (rare) occasion.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 37
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/2/2010 10:30:46 PM   
Grymme

Ezorg. Actually as of now the partisans use no supply at all and can live indefinetly behind enemy lines. I will probably not change that. But your other suggestion lies mor within what i have been thinking of. Either give the partisans some heavy equipment sometimes or somehow let the SU airlift in heavy equipment, or both. I think that would be interesting.

Btw. The scenario seem to be AI capable. I let the computer running yesterday with the AI playing the german side. I dont know how many hours it took. But today when i got home from work and opened up the computer it was ready for me to play. The Axis had destroyed something like 1890 infantry during my first turn for 255 own losses (not great but not horrible either). I am running their second round now.

Other small things i am working on (and looking for).
- Have created the Persian army and the rules regarding SU invasion of Persia (affects LL south). But still looking for a correct Persian OOB.
- Also looking for figures on the number of armored cars on each side at the start of the invasion.
- Also looking for the number of Soviet Armored Train Battalions, their composition and placement and if there were any Armored Train Regiments. (i have found some at Niehorster but looking for a complete list).
- Also looking for figures for the Luftwaffe AA mission around Ploeste. Cannot seem to find any information on which Flak units were stationed there.

- Created an event simulating the Vladimerescu and other Romanian Rifle Division in SU OOB.
- Changed all GE aufk. Battalions and renamed them Aufk/Krads. Also reduced number of Armored cars in them but added more support to reflect their true OOB.
- Added historical numbers of german transport aircraft in correct places (these were largely missing).
- Tested aircraft attacks on ships and found them to powerfull. Fighters were killing destroyers, so will have to adjust them.
- Programmed Lend Lease through Vladivostok (it wasnt really Lend Lease but am calling it that because i dont remember the correct term for allied helt to SU).
- Fixed the Russo-Turkish relations event so that the equation for chances of Turkey joining the war is correct.
- Wrote the briefing part for Lend Lease, se below.
- added the M3/M5 Halftrack as an LL SFT
- Wrote down the Original Ostfront research values so that i can redo the research system without loosing any information (it takes up 40+ events in the editor.)
- Changed the Matilda MkI/II to name Mk I/II/III Tank (it also gets to represent the Valentines)

Rules for Lend Lease

Arctic Lend Lease

Each round there is a small chance (4%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the north with reinforcements of aircraft, trucksm halftracks and tanks. They will appear in Murmansk. Should Murmansk be axis controlled they will instead appear in Archangelsk

The following convoy modifiers in apply (in percent).
+1 From 1942 and onward.
+1 If both Petsamo and Kirkenes are controlled by the Soviet Union.
-1 If Murmansk is axiscontrolled (this also causes the lend lease to be rerouted to Archangelsk)
-1 If the axis manages to keep 120 powerpoints in the Barents Sea.

If Soviet VPs go to low (less than 450/120) the convoys become larger to reflect increased allied support.

Lend Lease through Siberia

Each round there is a small chance (2%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the Urals with reinforcements of aircraft, trucks, halftracks and tanks. They will appear in the Urals.

+1 From 1942 and onward.

If Soviet VPs go to low (less than 450/120) the convoys become larger to reflect increased allied support.

Lend Lease through the middle east

Each round there is a small chance (3%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the south with reinforcements of aircraft, trucks, halftracks and tanks. They will appear in Yerevan. Should Yerevan be axis controlled they will instead appear in Baku.

+2 If both Persian cities are soviet occupied.
+1 From 1942 and onward.
-1 If Yerevan is axis controlled (this also causes the lend lease to be rerouted to Baku).
-1 If Erzurum (turkish city) is axis controlled.
-2 if Soviet forces in Transcaucasus (only soviet proper) is less than 2 000 powerpoints).

< Message edited by Grymme -- 12/3/2010 6:47:01 AM >

(in reply to ehzorg)
Post #: 38
Fire In the East scenario - 12/4/2010 1:18:38 PM   
Grymme

I am currently playing a game of the whole map against a german AI. The german AI is currently on round 3. The first two rounds went ok. I left it for the night and work and came home and the turn was finished. Will see if it continues that way. Anyway i was thinking to start a small AAR about how the AI handles things (this might become short if the AI cant handle the turns).

Round I
Opened first screen. Soviet infantry losses ca 1 890. For axis losses around 250. Minor losses in armour, transports, air etc.
Soviet forces in Murmansk area, Kandalaksha area and N Karelia defeated. In Karelian Istmus an Rifle Division a NKVD Regiment and a Pioneer Regiment is cut of southwest of Viipuri. Attacks against Hangö is beaten back. Partisans appear on Dagö.

Baltic front is broken wide open around Lithouania. Also several Baltic partisans appear to throw out the Soviet Union.

Around Brest-Litovsk the units from the 2nd Panzergruppe has crossed the river and are striking north atempting to encircle the units in the Bialystok area and link up with units from the 3rd Panzergruppe striking from the north.

The hungarians suffer heavy losses as they enter the war totally unprepared.

In the far south the Romanians beat back the unprepared SU forces from the South and Southwest fronts and cross the river Bug in force.

Round II
Opened first screen. Soviet infantry losses ca 800. Axis losses around 250. Minor losses in armour, transports etc.

In the Murmansk area in the far north the XIX Gebirgsjäger Korps have forces soviet union forces from the 14th Army back to the River Litsa. A disastrous soviet counterattack by the 137th, 145th and 147th Air Regiments end in the loss of ca 80 aircraft (70% of the total force)

In the Kandalaksa/Salla area 122nd and 124th Rifle Divisions are encircled by Wehrmacht, SS and Finnish troops.

In the N Karelian area the finnish Pansaaribattalion suffer a setback loosing 10 tanks for no gain whilst trying to attack through the woods.

In the Karelian Istmus the Finnish units approach the gates of Viipuri. Soviet forces retreat to the old border fortifications to find better positions. Large soviet reinforcements appear in Vologda (North), Penza (Middle) and Engelsk (South).

In the AG Nord area there is no organized resistance except around Kaunas. German forces advance and mop up stragglers. More Baltic partisans appear and Soviet garrison in Dagö is besieged in Kardia by strong partisan forces.

Brest Litovsk is encircled, but not taken. Units from the 8th, 11th and 13th Mechanized Corps in the Bialystok area move towards the german northern pincer.

In the South Lvov is evacuated.

In the far South the Romanians have broken through. Units from the 18th Mechanized Corps man the crossings across River Dniestr. The 3rd Airborne Corps entrench themselves in the Odessa Fortified region.
----

So i will see what happens. If everything goes ok and i suddenly i have a lot of time on my hands this semi-AAR might continue. Otherwise not.

Changes to version 107
- JU-88A (N) is a torpedo bomber that can be built (new SFT)
- DB-3T (N) is a torpedo bomber that cannot be built (new SFT)
- IL-4T (N) is a torpedo bomber that can be built (new SFT)
- Changed the antishipping values of all other aircraft to 20 %.
- Placed VVS forces (SU naval air) in the Baltic.
- Changed the Air Baltic Commando and gave them Torpedo Bombers
- Finnished placing the Persian Army, added Persians as people etc.
- Fixed some minor bugs discovered by the playtest.
- Changed trains and gave the SU 34 more of them.
- Went through almost all SU tank divisions and lowered the experience of T-34 and KV-1s SFTs in the units that contained these from 40/20 to 10.
- Finished the Lend Lease Events.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grymme -- 12/4/2010 1:21:36 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 39
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 12/4/2010 11:54:26 PM   
Arditi

Truly impressive map!  Perhaps you can make some hypothetical games as well with this map?  Remember the old monster "Invasion America" game from SPI?  There was also a sister game for the US invasion of the Soviet Union.  Name escapes me at the moment.
Best, Arditi

Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 40
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 12/5/2010 12:16:12 AM   
SMK-at-work

I hope you give the proper credit for the map design! ;)

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 41
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 12/5/2010 6:54:43 AM   
Grymme

SMK. I used parts of the TOAWIII-FITE scenario as an overlay for my map if that is what you mean (also for disposition of ground forces and reinforcements). They in turn based their map on another scenario from TOAW, the Drang Nach Osten. Who probably used the map from the Boardgame with the same name if i am not mistaken. Since i even named my scenario the same way as the TOAW scenario i can hardly be accused of covering this up, yet that seem to be what you are implying. But to answer your question. Yes there is already a credit section in the Briefing and yes the TOAWIII-FITE scenario is there. 

Arditi. I pretty much have my hands full at the moment. I probably have ca 3 months to go on this one. But i have uploaded the map to my website so that you or anyone else can download it and create what scenarios they want. 

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 42
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/12/2010 10:43:38 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

partisans sometimes become a tedious part of playing. They appear and get killed, appear and get killed.

Well, I'm going to stand up for those partisans!

AS far as I'm concerned, they are the centre of the game!

In TOAW partisans don't cause a change of hex ownership, so's not to give away their position. Presumably there are no such luxuries in AT?

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 43
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 12/12/2010 10:49:08 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehzorg

Partisans should not be limited by the same supply constraints that regular army is.

Correct! In fact it's an open question whether they should have to worry about supply at all.

... but the really interesting question is whether they should be allowed to hide, since surely that is one of the essences of guerilla warfare, and what method you use within Advanced Tactics to simulate that.

(in reply to ehzorg)
Post #: 44
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 1/21/2011 9:30:45 PM   
Grymme

CSO_Tal... They do have a high hidevalue, but since they appear in enemy territory you will always get a hint regarding where they appear. So i do not have any better sollution than the standard one in AT scenarios here.

I am working unsteadily at this project. But it will most likely ready somewhere around when AT-gold is released.

Here is the current briefing.

Briefing

CONTENT

1. Background
1.1 Selected Sources
2. Scale
3. Rule Changes
3.1 Weather
3.1.1. Limited Air Operations
4. Research & Production
5. Terrain & Locations
6. Unit types
7. Peoples
7.1 Promoting units to Guard status
7.2 Forming an SS unit
8. Events
9. Scenario variants & Victory Conditions
10. Order of Battle
11. Reinforcement Lists

1                    BACKGROUND

On the 22 of june 1941 the Axis powers led by Germany attacked the Soviet Union. More than 4,5 million troops participated in the invasion over a 2 900 km front. The germans who had still not put their industry or country on a proper war footing was counting on the sucess of previous campaigns for a quick and decisive resolution to the campaign.

The Soviet Union had watched the relations with Germany decline fast. Still Stalin would not believe that Germany would attack. Consequently the Red Army, Airforce and Navy were unprepared for the attack. The Red army was in the midst of a major reorganization and were woefully unprepared for fighting a major campaign.

This scenario simulates the campaign on the eastern front from june 1941 to 1944. 

1.1 SELECTED SOURCES

Germany and the Second World War – Vol IV
When Titans Clashed - Ericksson
Nafziger – Soviet order of battle –vol I . The deadly beginning (for SU tank strenghts)
[color=#0000ff size=3]WWW.orbat.com (Soviet Union Black Sea Fleet and VVS strength)
[color=#0000ff size=3]www.niehorster.orbat.com (SU air disposition& strength, artillery disposition among other things,)
[color=#0000ff size=3]www.bayonetstrength.com
Fire in the east Scenario for TOAWIII (map overlay, reinforcements, most of ground forces disposition)

2                    SCALE

Each hex is 10km. Each round is 4 days. The grand campaign starts on the 22nd june 1941.

One SFT represents

1 Battleships, Heavy and Light Cruisers
2 Destroyers
4-5 Submarines, Cargoships or Auxilliary Ships
9-12 Armoured Fighting Vehicles, Airplanes
12-24 Artillery, Antitank Guns, Infantry Guns or Antiaircraft Guns
100-200 Infantry & Cavalry
Trucks, halftracks, wagons, trains etc varies to much depending on the vehicle used.

DESIGNERS NOTE: Heavy infantry units generally have approximatly the same number of manpower but not every man had a heavy weapon (for example a german machinegun company had 203 men compared to 191 in a rifle company)

3                    RULE CHANGES

Engineers can save EP for 10 rounds.

Maximum experience gained per round is 4. A unit can maximum gain 30 experience without combat.

Air movement cost is reduced by 50%.

3.1 Weather

There is clear weather, mud, winter and severe winter.

Clear weather has no effects.

Mud weather give most units very severe movement penalties (most movement types move at 300 % cost). All units have a 20 % readiness reduction. Offensive action is penalized with a
-40 % modifier for both sides.

Winter weather has some movement penalties (most units move at 150 % movement cost). A A risk of readiness penalties for units from most peoples. Offensive action is penalized with a -50 % modifier for the axis side and a -10 % modifier for the soviet side. Ski units move faster.

Severe winter weather has some harsh movement penalties (most unis move at 200 % movement cost). There is a big chance of large readiness penalties for units from most peoples. Axis side is penalized with a -75% in offensive actions and the soviet side with a -20% modifyer. Ski units move faster.

See also frostbite event.

3.1.1 Limited air operations

During clear weather there is a 16% chance that air operations will be impossible. In muddy weather there is a 55% chance that air operations will be impossible. The chances of air operations being impassible are 40% in winter weather and 50 % in severe winter weather.

285286                                        RESEARCH & PRODUCTION

The following research branches exist

(95-98) Infantry 41,42,43,44
(99-100)Light Infantry 41,43
(101-104)Antitank Guns 41,42,43,44
(105-108)Tanks 41,42,43,44
(91-94)Self propellered guns & Artillery 41,42,43,44
(109-112)AFVs 41,42,43,44

At the start of each year the researches of that year will become available to research (if you have researched the previous years research of that branch). Each branch will initially cost 100PP to research. The cost of researching will become lower by 2 for each round (but can never go below 2). For each front that is asleep the research will go down another 1 per round.

Production rises in 1942, 1943 & 1944.

UNITS

5                    TERRAIN & LOCATIONS

Plains
Sea
Light forrest
Heavy forrest
Swamp
Hilly
Mountains
High Mountains 
Fortifications
Fortress
Coastal Water
Sand

Marine infantry fight with +25%

Cultivated

Partisans fight with +25%
Impassable
Arid
Artic

Road
Improved Road
Railroad

River
Large River
Super River
Canal.

5                    Locations

Oilfield
Oilfields produce supply. The main difference between oilfields and other supply resources are that they have very low structural points and recovery points making them vulnerable to strategic bombing. Also Oilfields cannot be evacuated.

6                    Unit Types

In this scenario wagons, horses and trucks do not produce LANDCAP. Only Trains produce RAILCAP. A train produces 10 000 RAILCAP which can travel for 2000 APs.

Auxilliary Ships
The only ships that can lay minefields

Minefields
Only produced by actioncards

Obsolete Soviet AFV:s & planes
To simulate that some soviet AFVs & planes are obsolete certain SFTs gain a permanent 2% reduction in readiness for each 100 AP:s spent (1% for 50 AP:s spent).
These SFTs are
T-26
T-28
T-35
I-15
I-16

DESIGNERS NOTE: At the start of the war the Soviet Union used a lot of obsolete tanks and planes. The Red Army had already started replacing these with more modern equipment and the equipment was in a deplorable state.

7                    PEOPLES

The following people or peoplesettings exist in the scenario.

Morale           Fight             Production for GE/SU

German
Germans (grey)                                         70                  1
SS (black)                                                 90                  1.1

Luftwaffe (light blue)                              60                  1
Rowehl (Dark Blue/purple)                      60                  1

Axis minor
Finns (dark blue) **                                 80                  1*                                        1*
Hungarians (dark blue)                             50                  0.95*                                   0.95*
Romanians (pink)                                     50                  0.95*                                   0.95*
Croatians (yellow)                                    50                  1
Slovakians (dark brown)                          50                  1
Italians (light green)                                 50                  1
Spaniards                                                  60                  1

Soviet Union
Soviet Union (red/pink)                           60                  1                                          0.25/1
NKVD (brown)                                        90                  1                                          0/1
Guards (orange)                                       70                  1.05

Siberians (blue) **                                    60                  1
Estonians (dark green)                             50                  1                                          0,5/0.05*
Latvians (dark green)                               50                  1                                          0,5/0.05*
Lithouanians (dark green)                        50                  1                                          0,5/0.05*
Ukrainians                                                50                  1                                          0,5/0.05*

Allied
Lend Lease (LL) (green)                          60                  1                                          -
Poles                                                         50                  1
Norwegians                                              50                  1                                          -
Greek                                                        50                  1                                          -

Other
FARR                                                       50                  1
Turks (olive green)                                   50                  1

Persians (purple)                                       50                  1
Mines (no colour)                                     50                  1

* A function of the political system and relations between the axis and that people.
** Readiness not affected at all by winter or severe weather.

DESIGNER NOTE: Rowehl exist as a people for gametechnical issues only. They are there to represent pre war reconnoisance flights into the Soviet Union.

7.1 Promoting units to Guard Status

Each round there is a chance that the soviet player (or direction players) will receive the option to upgrade an existing unit to Guard status. The receiving of this option is related to the number of enemies killed.

The Soviet player can promote a unit to Guard status under certain conditions by playing the “award guard status”-actioncard. Selectable units are only those with a maximum of 148 powerpoints (the size of a prewar Rifle Division at full strength). A guard unit has higher morale and fights with a 5% bonus.

7.2 Forming an SS unit

Each round there is a chance that the axis player (or different Armygroup commanders) will receive the option to form an SS unit. The chance of an actioncard appearing increases in time.

The axis can form an SS unit by playing the “Form an SS unit”- actioncard thereby converting an existing unit to SS status.  Selectable units are units with a maximum of 257 powerpoints. The actioncard only affects german people in the unit (not Luftwaffe). The SS have higher morale and fight with a 10% bonus.

8                    EVENTS

Initial troop conditions
The attack on the Soviet Union on the 22nd June 1941 caught soviet troops unprepared and confused.  To reflect this all soviet units suffer a 100 % readiness reduction on round 1.

Also axis minor units were not all ready for war. To reflect this Finnish and Romanian units suffer a 40% readiness reduction. Slovakian and Hungarian units suffer a 60 % reduction.

For the first 4 rounds Luftwaffe units fight with a 300 % bonus.

Actioncards
Actioncards come in four different categories
Diplomatic (blue)
Strategic (yellow)
Units/reinforcements (red)

Political system
The axis side have measurable relations with the following minor powers/peoples; Finland, Romania, Hungary, Baltic states, Ukraine (and Turkey). Should during a round the units of Hungaria, Romania or Finland suffer high casualties this will result in a decrease in morale and production for that people.

The axis side can improve the relations with either people by expending political capital (PPs). Improving the relationship between a minor and Germany improves both morale and productioncapability if that people belong to a power allied to the axis. If the relationship goes bad so does morale and production. The relationship cannot be improved beyond 125 %. (x for baltic and ukraine)

Should units from either of these peoples (with some exceptions) suffer higher than normal losses during any single turn relations between the respective minor and Germany will suffer.

The axis player should keep a tight track of his relations with some of his allies; Romania, Hungary and Finland. Should their relationship with Germany deterioate to much there is a risk of political turmoil in the country with grave consequenses for their contribution to the war effort. Finland is the most steadfast ally (50). Hungary (60) is slightly less reliable and Romania (75) the least reliable.

The axis can pressure Turkey into joining them in the crusade against the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union can use political pressure to try and influence Turkey to stay out of the war. The most decisive factor though is the amount of troops that the Soviet Union keep in the Transcaucasus area (only Soviet proper). The less troops the Soviet Union garrison the area with the higher the chances that Turkey will enter the war.

NOTE: A high or low relationship with a minor can also have other effects regarding the likelyhood and effect of certain undocumented (secret events). So keep a good relationship with the Axis minors.

DESIGNERS NOTE: Slovakia, Croatia,  Spain, Italy and other allies of Germany were either totally under controll by the germans or not at all. For this reason their contribution will not be modelled in the political model (also for practical reasons).

Rowehl Geschwader pre-war flights
At the start of the game AG Nord gets 4, AG Mitte gets 4 and AH Sud gets 2 units of FW recconnoisance air. These are withdrawn at the start of round 2.

DESIGNERS NOTE: These units represent pre war reconnoisance by the german Luftwaffe and Abwehr.

Polish rifle Corps
The Soviet Union (Western Direction) has the option of a one time event of recruiting a polish rifle corps with a HQ, three rifle divisions and an artillery regiment. They will appear in Moscow. The cost for recruiting this corps is changed each turn and is the number of Soviet Victory points/8 (Western Direction VP/8).

Arctic Lend Lease
Each round there is a small chance (4%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the north with reinforcements of aircraft, trucksm halftracks and tanks. They will appear in Murmansk. Should Murmansk be axis controlled they will instead appear in Archangelsk

+1 From 1942 and onward.
+1 If both Petsamo and Kirkenes are controlled by the Soviet Union.
-1 If Murmansk is axiscontrolled (this also causes the lend lease to be rerouted to Archangelsk)
-1 If the axis manages to keep 120 powerpoints in the Barents Sea.

Lend Lease through Siberia
Each round there is a small chance (2%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the Urals with reinforcements of aircraft, trucks, halftracks and tanks. They will appear in the Urals.

+1 From 1942 and onward.

Lend Lease through the middle east
Each round there is a small chance (3%) of a Lend Lease Convoy appearing in the south with reinforcements of aircraft, trucks, halftracks and tanks. They will appear in Yerevan. Should Yerevan be axis controlled they will instead appear in Baku.

+2 If both Persian cities are soviet occupied.
+1 From 1942 and onward.
-1 If Yerevan is axis controlled (this also causes the lend lease to be rerouted to Baku).
-1 If Erzurum (turkish city) is axis controlled.
-2 if Soviet forces in Transcaucasus (only soviet proper) is less than 2 000 powerpoints).

Minefields
Both sides can lay minefields in the Baltic, Black Sea or Barents Sea. You lay a minefield by playing the actioncard and choosing a hex. For a minefield to be placed the in hex you choose it has to contain at least one Auxilliary Ship SFT. If it doesnt then playing the card will have no effect (but you get the card back). If the hex does have auxulliary ships present then the chance of sucessfully laying an effective minefield is 25% per auxilliary ship present. So there need to be at least four ships present to guarantee a 99% sucessrate. If you are trying to lay a minefield at deep sea water chances of success is reduced by 25 %.

A minefield fights with the strenght of a battleship, but is static and cannot be transported. It has a high hidevalue and ambushes enemy ships that enter the hex. It fights at -25% in deep sea.

Factory Evacuations
The Soviet Union can evacuate the factories of certain locations and rebuild them in the Urals. By playing the actioncard the SU player creates a number of evacuee trains equal to the structural points/1000 of the location chosen (so a 10 000 production location would generate 10 trains if undamaged, but only 8 trains if it had only 8 000 structural points left). After the factories are evacuated the location changes to an abandoned city with much less production value and which can only produce supply.

Oil and other natural resources cannot be evacuated.

The trains then have to be moved to the Urals area like any other SFT. When there the SU player can place a factory by playing the card and selecting any hex that has 4 trains or more. This will place a 4K factory there and remove four trains from the hex. The newly built factory will have almost no structural points so it will have to be rebuilt by engineers or autorecovery.

Use of captured AFV:s
Each side keeps track of the number enemy Armoured Fighting Vehicles that have been destroyed by that regime. After enough of them have been destroyed (more than 150) there is a random time delay and then a number of enemy equipment arrives repaired and refitted for use by the own regime. The refitted AFVs arrive in the HQ closest to Berlin (Konigsberg, Berlin & Vienna) for the Axis and Gorkiy (Vologda, Gorkiy and Astrakhan) for the Soviet Union. The number of AFS refitted is related to the number of AFV:s destroyed and the type is dependant of the year.

Norwegian partisans
Norwegian partisans affect relations with Finland
Freiwillige
HMS Royal Sovereign
LL Cruiser
Romanian Rifle Divisions
Mussolini donates ships.
Access to Swedish railways

Cossack Recruitment Rostov/Voroshilovgrad/Krasnodar
If the axis player controls the cities mentioned above he will get a small detachment of cossacks recruits each turn. These will appear in the HQ closest to each respective city.

Increasing production
In production goes up by
Year/Side
1942              Axis 120% SU 135%
1943              Axis 135% SU 150%

Baltic Uprising
For the first four turns of the game there is a large chance of baltic partisans appear in the baltic countries. These partisans are controlled by the axis side. They are rising up to expell the Soviet Union and greet the germans as liberators.

After the four first rounds there is still a chance for Baltic partisans to appear, but it is much smaller.

9                    SCENARIO VARIANTS & VICTORY CONDITIONS

Grand Campaign
This is the default setting. Play as long as you like. When you end you will know who the victor is.

Northern/Central/Southern/Finnish Front asleep
Checking either of these variants sets the selected regime/front/area asleep.

Soviet/Axis Advantage
Choosing either of these options gives the Axis/SU side 15PP/round. If playing with separate fronts then each active front gets 5PPs.

Barbarossa (1941)
This is a short campaign variant. Using this option gives a check for victory at the beginning of March 1942. If the Soviet Union has less than 350 VPs at that time this means an Axis victory. If the Soviet Union has more VPs then  it is an Soviet Union Victory. The amount of VPs required for a Soviet Union victory is subtracted with 116 VPs per front asleep.

Railroad Conversions (scenario variant)
Axis trains, armored trains and railroad artillery travel on European railroads (1,432mm gauge) while soviet trains, evacuated trains & armored trains travel on soviet railroads (1,520mm gauge). This means that RAILCAP & movement can only take place using railroadhexes of your own gauge.

Either side can convert existing railroad hexes to their own gauge by using the appropriate action card which cost 2PP to play. This is the only way to build railroads in the game and it only works on existing railroadhexes of the other type. For a hex to be eligible to conversion it need to be owned by the own power and contain a Regiment of Railroad Engineers or more (8 SFTs of Railroad Engineers or more).

DESIGNERS NOTE: Yes i know Finland used a different rail gauge than the rest of the Western Europe. This i have purposely ignored.

Prepared Defenses
If this variant is chosen then the Soviet Union will not suffer any readiness loss on round 1 and the Luftwaffe will not receive any combat bonus.

OOB Soviet Union

North Western Direction HQ (Leningrad)
                      Northern Front HQ (Petrozavodsk)
                                            14th Army HQ
7th Army HQ
23rd Army HQ
                      Northwestern Front HQ (Leningrad)
                                            1st Mechanized Corps HQ (1st Tank Division detached) (110)
                                                                                                                  1st Tnk (detached)
                                                                                                                  3rd Tnk
                                                                                                                  163rd Mzh
10th Mechanized Corps HQ (84)
                                                                                                                  24th Tnk
                                                                                                                  21st Tnk
                                                                                                                  198th Mhz
                                            Baltic Fleet HQ
                      Baltic Front HQ (Riga)
                                            8th Army HQ
                                            11th Army HQ
27th Army HQ
12th Mechanized Corps HQ (79)
                                                                                                             28th tnk
                                                                                                             23rd tnk
                                                                                                             220th mhz
                                            3rd Mechanized Corps HQ (64)
                                                                                                             2nd tnk
                                                                                                             5th tnk
                                                                                                             84th mhz
5th Airborne Corps HQ
                      Archangelsk Military District HQ (Vologda)
                                            North Sea Red Fleet HQ

Western Direction HQ (Moscow)
                      Western Front HQ (Minsk)
                                            13th Army HQ
3rd Army HQ
10th Army HQ
4th Army HQ
22nd Army HQ
11th Mechanized Corps HQ (24)
                                                                 29th tnk         
                                                                 33rd tnk
                                                                 204th mhz
6th Mechanized Corps HQ  (102)            
                                                                 7th tnk
                                                                 4th tnk
                                                                 29th mhz
13th Mechanized Corps HQ (30)
                                                                 25th tnk
                                                                 31st
                                                                 208th mhz
14th Mechanized Corps HQ (52)
                                                                 22nd tnk
                                                                 30th tnk
                                                                 205th mhz
17th Mechanized Corps HQ (4)
                                                                 27th tnk
                                                                 36th tnk
                                                                 209th mhz
                                            20th Mechanized Corps HQ (10)
                                                                                                             26th tnk
                                                                                                             38th tnk
                                                                                                             210th mhz
4th Airborne Corps HQ
Orel Front HQ (Orel)
                      21st Army HQ
23rd Mechanized Corps HQ (42)
                                                                 48th tnk
                                                                 51st tnk
                                                                 220th mhz
5th Mechanized Corps HQ (107)
                                                                 13th tnk
                                                                 17th tnk
                                                                 109th mhz
Moscow Front HQ (Moscow)
                                            20th Army HQ
24th Army HQ
                                            7th Mechanized Corps HQ (102)
                                                                                                             14th tnk
                                                                                                             18th tnk
                                                                                                             1st mhz
                                            21st Mechanized Corps HQ (10)
                                                                                                             42nd tnk
                                                                                                             46th tnk
                                                                                                             185th mhz

Southwestern Direction HQ (Kharkov)
                      Southwestern Front HQ (Kiev)
5th Army HQ
6th Army HQ
26th Army HQ
12th Army HQ
19th Army HQ
8th Mechanized Corps HQ (86)
                                                                 12th tnk
                                                                 34th tnk
                                                                 7th mhz
15th Mechanized Corps HQ (74)
                                                                 10th tnk
                                                                 37th tnk
                                                                 212th   mhz
4th Mechanized Corps HQ (90)
                                                                 8th tnk
                                                                 32nd tnk
                                                                 81st mhz
16th Mechanized Corps HQ (61)
                                                                 15th tnk
                                                                 39th tnk
                                                                 240th mhz
24th Mechanized Corps HQ (22)
                                                                 45th tnk
                                                                 49th tnk
                                                                 216th mhz
9th Mechanized Corps HQ (26)
                                                                 35th tnk
                                                                 20th tnk
                                                                 131st mhz
19th Mechanized Corps HQ (45)
                                                                 40th tnk
                                                                 43rd tnk
                                                                 219th mhz
22nd Mechanized Corps HQ(71)
                                                                 19th tnk
                                                                 41st tnk
                                                                 215th tnk
Stalin Line HQ
                                            1st Airborne Corps HQ
                      Southern Front HQ (Odessa)
                                            9th Separate Army HQ
18th Army HQ
                                            2nd Mechanized Corps HQ (49)
                                                                                                             2nd tnk
                                                                                                             11th tnk
                                                                                                             15th mhz
18th Mechanized Corps HQ (28)
                                                                 44th tnk
                                                                 47th tnk
                                                                 218th mhz
5th Airborne Corps HQ      
Black Sea Fleet HQ
Kharkov Front HQ (Kharkov)
                      25th Mechanized Corps HQ (30)
                                                                                       50th tnk
                                                                                       55th tnk
                                                                                       219th mhz
North Caucasus Front HQ (Cherkessy)
                      37th Army HQ
44th Army HQ
26th Mechanized Corps HQ (19)
                                                                 52nd tnk
                                                                 56th tnk
                                                                 103rd Mhz
Stalingrad Front HQ (Stalingrad)
Transcaucasus Front HQ (Tblisi)
                      45th Army HQ
47th Army HQ
46th Army HQ
                      28th Mechanized Corps HQ (87)
                                                                                       6th tnk
                                                                                       54th tnk
                                                                                       236th mhz     

For a total of 1 510 tank sfts

OOB Axis

Armeegruppe Nord HQ
                      18th Army HQ
                                            XXVI Korps HQ
                                            I Korps HQ
                                            XXXVIII Korps HQ
                      4th Panzergruppe HQ
                                            LVI Mot Korps HQ
                                            XXXI Mot Korps HQ
                      16th Army HQ
                                            XXIII Korps HQ
                                            X Korps HQ
                                            XXVIII Korps HQ
                                            II Korps HQ
                      RHG Area 101
                      Baltic Naval group Nord HQ

Army of Norway HQ
                      HQ Finland
                                            XIX Gebirgsjäger Korps HQ
                                            XXXVI Gebirgsjäger Korps HQ
Finnish Army HQ
                      II Corps HQ
                      IV Corps HQ
                      VI Corps HQ
                      VII Corps HQ

Armeegruppe Mitte HQ
LIII Korps HQ
                      9th Army HQ
VIII Korps HQ
XX Korps HQ
                                            LXII Korps HQ
                      3rd Panzergruppe HQ
                                            XXXIX Mot Korps HQ
                                            V Korps HQ
                                            VI Korps HQ
                                            LVII Mot Korps HQ
                      4th Army HQ
                                            VII Korps HQ
                                            XIII Korps HQ
                                            IX Korps HQ
                                            XXXXIII Korps HQ
                      2nd Panzergruppe HQ
                                            XXXXVII Mot Korps HQ
                                            XII Korps HQ
                                            XXIV Mot Korps HQ
                                            XXXXVI Mot Korps HQ
                      RHG Area 102

Armeegruppe Sud HQ
                      Armygroup Antonescu HQ
                                            3rd Army HQ
                                            4th Army HQ
                                            1st Reserve Army HQ
11th Army HQ
                      LIV Korps HQ
                      XXX Korps HQ
                      XI Korps HQ
17th Army HQ
                      LII Korps HQ
                      XXXXIX Gebirgsjäger Korps HQ
                      IV Korps HQ
1st Panzergruppe HQ
                      XIV Motorisierte Korps HQ
                      XXXXVII Motorisierte Korps HQ
                      XXIX Korps HQ
                      III Motorisierte Korps HQ
6th Army HQ
                      XXXXIV Korps HQ
                      XVII Korps HQ
Hungarian Royal Army HQ
                      Carpathian Army Group HQ
Slovak Expeditionary Group HQ
C.S.I.R HQ
RHG Area 102

Reinforcement Lists

AG NORD
Unit appears in Königsberg unless otherwise specified.

Round
2                    4th SS Polizie Division,
15th Infanterie Division

4                    260th Infanterie Division
163rd Infanterie Division, arrive in  Oulo.
98th Infanterie Division
4th Gebirgsjäger Division

5                    1/2/3rd KG28

7                    1/2/3rd KG100

12                  113th Infanterie Division
Admiral Scheer
Köln
Nurnberg

AG MITTE
Unit appears in Berlin unless otherwise specified.

Round
2                    52nd Infanterie Division, arrive in Warsaw

3                    Second Army HQ
SS-Brigade 1 Reichsführer-SS
581st Fieldgendarmerie Battalion

4                    197th Infanterie Division
132nd Infanterie Division
110th Infanterie Division
193rd Infanterie Division
93rd Infanterie Division
106th Infanterie Division

6                    7/8/9th KG26, arrive in Warsaw

8                    86th Infanterie Division

12                  5th Infanterie Division
685th Pioneer Regiment
79th Infanterie Division
94th Infanterie Division

AG SUD
Unit appears in Bucharest unless otherwise specified

4                    427/430/436th Artillery Regiment
46th Infanterie Division
294th Infanterie Division
125th Infanterie Division
690th Pioneer Regiment
617th Pioneer Regiment
60th Panzergrenadier Division
14th Bautruppe
19th Bautruppe
                      Pasubio Division, arrive in Trieste.
Torino Division, arrive in Trieste.

25852586                                    Gruppo22, arrive in Trieste.

25932594                                    7th Flieger Division, arrive in Thessaloniki

2nd Mountain Brigade arrive in Budapest

NORTHWESTERN DIRECTION
Unit appears in Vologda unless otherwise specified

Round
14th Recon Regiment
65th Recon Regiment
59th  Recon Regiment
34th Recon Regiment
52nd  Recon Regiment
55th Recon Regiment
54th Recon Regiment
246th Rifle Division
21st Motorized NKVD Rifle Division

243rd Rifle Division
242nd Rifle Division
69th Motorized Rifle Division

48th Army HQ
298th Rifle Division
285th Rifle Division
1st Leningrad Militia Division, arrive in Leningrad
2nd Leningrad Militia Division, arrive in Leningrad
3rd Leningrad Militia Division, arrive in Leningrad
4th Leningrad Militia Division, arrive in Leningrad

49th Cavalry Division

WESTERN DIRECTION
Unit appears in Penza unless otherwise specified

Round
31st Army HQ
38th Recon Regiment
39th Recon Regiment
64th  Recon Regiment
49th Recon Regiment
57nd  Recon Regiment
43th Recon Regiment
48th Recon Regiment
50th Recon Regiment
244th Rifle Division
266th Rifle Division
265th Rifle Division
247th Rifle Division
251st Rifle Division
262nd Rifle Division
248th Rifle Division
256th Rifle Division
254th Rifle Divison
245th Rifle Division
252nd Rifle Division

105th Tank Division
107th Tank Division
109th Tank Division
2nd Moscow Milita Division, arrive in Moscow.
1st Moscow Militia Division, arrive in Moscow.

Bryansk Front HQ
32nd Army HQ
50th Army HQ
29th Army HQ
30th Army HQ
101st Tank Division
104th Tank Division
108th Tank Division
110th Tank Division
107th Mechanized Division
Flerov Katuysha Artillery Regiment
194th Mountain Rifle Division
392nd Rifle Division
250th Rifle Division
280th Rifle Division
279th Rifle Division
260th Rifle Division

The following units arrive in Moscow.

4th Moscow Milita Division
5th Moscow Militia Division
6th Moscow Militia Division
7th Moscow Militia Division

33rd Army HQ
45th Cavalry Division
211th Rifle Division

The following units arrive in Moscow.

21st Moscow Milita Division
11th Moscow Militia Division
13th Moscow Militia Division
17th Moscow Militia Division
18th Moscow Militia Division

SOUTHWESTERN DIRECTION
Unit appears in Engels unless otherwise specified

Round
66th Recon regiment
61st Recon Regiment
40th Recon Regiment
51st Recon Regiment
56th Recon Regiment
44th Recon Regiment
46th Recon Regiment
47th Recon Regiment
57th Tank Division

221st Motorized Rifle Division

51st Army HQ
53rd Cavalry Division
43rd Cavalry Division
44th Cavalry Division
46th Cavalry Division
47th Cavalry Division
50th Cavalry Division

< Message edited by Grymme -- 1/21/2011 9:31:54 PM >

Post #: 45
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 1/26/2011 6:25:28 PM   
Widell

Grymme - Outstanding work as usual! An idea reg Partisans, maybe it's not possible to implement, but I might as well put it on the table: Partisan units appear randomly right? They consume no supply which is OK, so they can stick around for ever. Is it possible to have them disappear randomly as well? My thought was that a unit appears and plays havoc behind the German lines for a couple of rounds and is then either destroyed or simply disappear again. Maybe not perfect, but it would be a way to simulate 1) the randomness of the partisan operations both for the Germans and the Soviets as well as the ability to hide and "sleep" that was discussed above.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 46
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/4/2011 12:57:54 AM   
Grymme

Widelll: Hmmm... i think this is possible to do. But to be honest i dont think it would be better than the current system.

I am using this thread as a sort of development diary, so this will be som random ramblings.

What have i done on the scenario lately
- Worked on reinforcement lists i am on round 24 (SU) and 23 (GE).
- Implemented an Italian withdrawal event in 1943.
- Fixed most buildable locations.
- Adapted Arctic Lend lease so that some lend lease will arrive even if Murmansk is not active because Finnish front is sleeping.
- Coded the Frostbite event (although i havent tested it) so that the axis (not finns) get a readiness reduction the first time winter strikes because of being unprepared.
- Coded a very rough AI for both sides.
- Worked a lot on the Briefing.
- Added a small event that checks each side for VPs and gives each side a number of supplies * VPs (15 for axis and 25 for SU) each round. I think this will greatly add to the scenario because all cities that have their name on the map is worth at least 1VP. This will mean that practicly all territory is somewhat worth fighting for. If the Soviets give up every territory to easily in 1941 this will mean that they loose some production and the germans gain some. Its not a lot, but it adds up.
- Made a small but important map correction.
- Made german baltic auxillliary fleet historical.
- Probably a lot of other things i have forgotten.

Most of the programming of the scenario in ATG is finished and i am now playtesting it for the first time against a human. So far it seems balanced. We are only playing AG-nord/NW-direction without the finnish front.

I am playing the soviets and will most likely loose Kaunas the next round (round 4).

The main things left to do are
- Bughunting
- Reinforcement lists
- Finnish demarkation line event (havent figured out how to do this in a good way).
- Some way to include Bulgarians.
- Late war research (especially for aircraft and to include the Panzerschreck).
- AI programming (have done some).
- Get AI railroad conversion event working if possible.
- There is an Issue with the formation of SS units event.
- AG Sud currently has no way of building Aircraft.
- Scenario balance (this will obviously be a very long process).

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 47
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/5/2011 11:23:34 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

CSO_Tal... They do have a high hidevalue, but since they appear in enemy territory you will always get a hint regarding where they appear. So i do not have any better sollution than the standard one in AT scenarios here.

OK

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 48
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/8/2011 8:45:53 PM   
Grymme

CSO_talorgan: No probs. Maybe there might be things in ATG that will improve the partisan game. I honestly dont know, there seem to be so much.

- Have worked on bughunting
- Found out a way to make the Finnish demarkation line event. and did it.
- Found that the Panzerfaust and Panzerrschreck were included in the Grenadier 1943 and 44 stats, so thats one of the list.
- Implemented some new graphics that i unfortunatly cannot show of yet. But using some WTP graphics.
- created a location that builds aircraft for AG sud.

Still left to be done

- More bughunting
- Reinforcement lists
- Some way to include Bulgarians.
- Late war research (especially for aircraft and to include the Panzerschreck).
- AI programming (have done some).
- Get AI railroad conversion event working if possible.
- There is an Issue with the formation of SS units event.
- Southwestern Direction cannot build aircraft either.
- Scenario balance (this will obviously be a very long process).

My first human vs human testgame is on round 10 and it is going swimingly. 5-6 minor bugs detected so far. But nothing gamebreaking so i think this game will go on at least until autumn. I am playing as the Soviets and i think the Germans have just captured Riga and broken through my Dvina River defense.

If anyone knows a shortlist of which aircraft was developed after 1941 and used on the Eastern Front and which year they came into use i would be very grateful.
Here are the aircraft currently in the scenario

P-39Q Aircobra
Il-4
SB-2
Yak-4 (R)
Pe-2
Su-2
I-16
MiG-3
I-15
Yak-1
LaGG-3
Me-109F
Me-110
Ju-87B
Do-17
Ju-86
Ju-88
He-111
Ju-52 (T)
Fw-189 (R)
Il-2
Il-2M3
TB-3
G-2 (T)
Fi-156 (R)
R-5 (R)
DB-3
Ju-86 (R)
M.C.200
SM.81
CR-32
CR-42
IAR-80
PZL P.24
JRS.79
PZL P.37
Re.2000
He123
He-111
Hawker Hurricane
Bristol Blenheim
DB-3T (N)
Ju-88A (N)
IL-4T (N)

(N) means a naval equipped version of the Aicraft equipped with torpedos or naval mines.

So any ideas on which more aircraftmodels should be included feel free to post them.

< Message edited by Grymme -- 2/8/2011 8:48:33 PM >

Post #: 49
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/8/2011 9:18:39 PM   
GrumpyMel

Grymme,

Not sure if they are worth including but I know the Finn's used some captured P36's and MS406's to good effect. They rigged thier own varients of them as well.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 50
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/8/2011 9:34:07 PM   
Grymme

Grumpy: Any ideas are welcome. P36 and MS??? Do you know the full designations and how many/when they used them.

As of now the finnish airforce ingame includes.

3 hawker hurricane
4 Bristol Blenheim
1 SB-2
1 RE.2000

Each SFT represents 9-12 aircraft.

When i look at this webpage it looks like far too little and not all the correct models so i probably have to look over the finnish airforce (although not all should be present since not all of Finland is on the map).

http://niehorster.orbat.com/024_finland/41-06-29/_airforce.htm

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 51
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/9/2011 3:57:19 PM   
GrumpyMel

If you check the Wikipedia pages for those models it should give you info about thier use in Finnish Service.

That's the methodology I used for alot of the info I put together for plane models in ETO.

I also found this site (http://ww2total.com/WW2/History/WW2-History.htm) to be somewhat usefull. Not as detailed as neihorstar but good for getting summaries and it had a few things he didn't.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 52
RE: Fitr In the East scenario - 2/9/2011 8:13:37 PM   
Grymme

Thanks for your suggestion Grumpy.

Have gone through the finnish airforce again created SFTs for

Fokker D.XXI
Brewster F2A Buffalo (m239)
Morane Saulnier M.S.406

and went through the finnish airforces. They are now equipped with

1 I-15
7 Fokkers
2 Hawker Hurricane
2 Bristol Blenheum
1 SB-2
3 MS.406
3 Brewster 239
3 CR-42 ( i used this instead of the italian Fiat G-50)
-----
total 22 aircraft.*9-12 for a total of 198-264 aircraft which seems like a very reasonable number.

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 53
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 2/15/2011 5:25:36 AM   
zzmzzm

Like this Mod, Grymme. I always want a wonderful Mod  of Soviet_German war for a long time.  Maybe this one is.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 54
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 11:55:24 AM   
Grymme

Thanks Zzmzzm.

The scenario is almost finished. Although it can always be worked on.

I do have some issues with the mix of historic reinforcements and the players own production. But i am thinking of just letting the historic reinforcements end somewhere around round 40. That would simulate the large soviet mobilization effort and movement of main allied and other axis forces into the Eastern Front. Not only is it a lot of work to implement 200+ rounds of historic reinforcements. But starting with the autumn 1941 there are also a lot of withdrawals that can not be properly simulated.

Anyway tasks left to do
- AI Railroad conversion event.
- Finnish reinforcement list.
- Fix or skip fixing an actioncard called "offensive"
- 5-7 Aircraft SFTs left.
- Newly converted SS units not having SS units and Signia
- Some bugs.
- A couple of graphic border issues

I have been away a while. But one thing i have done is convert the scenario to ATG graphics (mainly)

So here is a couple of new screenshots showing some ATG graphics. It should be noted that some graphics are not ATG (light forrest for example)

AG Nord

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zzmzzm)
Post #: 55
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 11:59:51 AM   
Grymme

Here is the Leningrad area in zoomed out mode.

Note that this is an axis view so soviet units cannot be seen.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 56
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 12:17:54 PM   
Grymme

Also

Here is a picture of the Lvov bulge from the Soviet Union view on round one.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 57
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 3:17:02 PM   
Josh

"...But i am thinking of just letting the historic reinforcements end somewhere around round 40...."

I agree with that, because otherwise it would almost be like War in the East, that is all new units are the historical ones. While the fun part of ATG is the production part, enabling a more "what if" gameplay. There have been long discussions in the WitE subforum, production or not, ATG has that already in the game, so best thing is (IMHO) to leave it as it is. Historical setup, player decides production.
Map looks great, and huge!
Are the Nato symbols optional, meaning can one choose the standard AT symbols as well?

< Message edited by Josh -- 3/12/2011 3:19:47 PM >

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 58
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 4:28:20 PM   
Grymme

It is very similar to War in the East.

Off course i cannot aspire to the same detail and historical accuracy as WITE. On the other hand there is the production system and a much better GUI (in my opinion).

The NATO counters are not optional. But anyone who feels like it can edit in the orginal counters if they choose, but there is 336 SFTs so it would probably take an evening or so to do it.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 59
RE: Fire In the East scenario - 3/12/2011 9:42:00 PM   
Keunert

hats off! great scenario. my the power be with you to finish this monster.

will it be playable with the old at? or is it atg exclusive?

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Fire In the East scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI