Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hmmm dang it was a great game!!:)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hmmm dang it was a great game!!:) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hmmm dang it was a great game!!:) - 9/18/2002 12:02:07 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Well tonight I got a chance to prove categorically how little substance there is to any fussing over whether wargaming is in decline.

A buddy of mine (not technically a wargamer) bought a copy of Pacific Axis and Allies.

Yes I know it is just Axis and Allies. Well actually, it is a damned great game really.
It begins with the opening of the war against the Aliies in Dec 41 (unlike original A&A which is set in 42).
The game is a real thing of beauty.
I have yet to play a computer game that can even get close to being this fun.

I am told by the guy that bought this one, that he has played European Axis and Allies, and it too is great. The two games are apparently superior to the original.
They just can't be combined (they are distinct and the other is still a 1942 setting opener).

For those that can afford this purchase, consider it money well spent. And you won't need to worry about bugs or updates or whether it will run on your version of dinner table heheh.

I won't hold my breathe waiting for a computer version though, it won't have an AI that is any smarter than the one in computer A&A either.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
- 9/18/2002 8:07:16 PM   
pxreiman

For the nostalgia alone, I am still a big fan of the Steve Jackson "Ogre" and "GEV" serires. fast and fun. Good sci fi.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
Re: Hmmm dang it was a great game!!:) - 9/22/2002 3:07:42 AM   
Capt. Pixel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B] And you won't need to worry about bugs or updates or whether it will run on your version of dinner table heheh.
[/B][/QUOTE]

As I recall, the biggest issue I had with 'table-top games' was square footage - not MB or Mhz or screen resolution. There was always the floor, (would that be 'downward compatible'?). Technical difficulties DID include pets, siblings, parents and clean-up tho'. :D

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

Post #: 3
- 10/4/2002 4:44:32 AM   
screamer

i have the whole world version of a&a but im tired after more then 5years only playing dad and my 5years younger brother, losing once in i guess 35/40games.

about the square footage, ever tryed a warhammer team battle 2players team 5000points each??

poep

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Hmmm dang it was a great game!!:) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI