Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Optimum German High Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Optimum German High Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Optimum German High Command - 3/19/2011 6:36:09 PM   
MilRevKo

How do PBEM players construct the German high command to make the best use of their leaders.

With O.K.H. and A.G.N. at start leaders there seems to be better leaders that will provide long term benefits.

Do many players make changes?

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus
Post #: 1
RE: Optimum German High Command - 3/20/2011 1:48:56 PM   
Wild

Personally, i put Kluge in OKH. I considered putting Kesselring in AGN but thought he might be too valuable as a Luftwaffe commander, so i left him where he was.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 2
RE: Optimum German High Command - 3/20/2011 5:54:20 PM   
MilRevKo

thanks, The long term befits of chages to the german high command are not easy to figure out

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus

(in reply to Wild)
Post #: 3
RE: Optimum German High Command - 3/20/2011 6:07:49 PM   
karonagames

quote:

The long term befits of chages to the german high command are not easy to figure out

In the long term, the impact of the additional MPs from the die rolls that are not missed, will make the difference in the number of attacks that can be made and the number of advances after combat. But how many MPs from an 8 admin general vs a 9 rated general is hard to quantify.

It's only a Game

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 4
RE: Optimum German High Command - 3/22/2011 1:51:31 AM   
Aussiematto

I am wary of command changes too. I did a couple recently to get benefits prior to 1st Winter and saw to my horror that the command levels of the new general went down by 1 meaning I'd achieved no benefit at all for 20+ APs.

I have one specific technique though which is handy -- build some APs then combine an HQ build up with a change in command for a large german Pz Korps. If you can get 6 divisions attached to the Korps, with an outstanding leader, and in supply, you can do serious damage.

Of all the things AP can be used for I think 1) attaching units in early weeks (esp. to motorised divisions) and 2) HQ Buildup are more significant. What comes third for me is moving divisions around within armies from time to time to maximise supply.

However, later in the war, as I think Big Anorak has first identified, you might want to put a really high quality infantry / admin leader into the largest infantry army prior to winter.

I still remember cardboard!

(in reply to karonagames)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Optimum German High Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI