Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 12:11:10 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: koniu

what [MEM]  and  [DCB] mean in 1008k changelog list in first post?

Just initials of person doing changed.

Michael

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 181
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 1:57:22 PM   
m10bob

Dunno if this was already answered yet, but in ref the "rebuilt/destroyed units,(Philippine and Dutch especially)....They will continue to indicate an arrival date of 1 or 2 days and never appear until you change their command from "independent" to an actual command..Unfortunately the only way I have seen this possible is if they are part of a larger unit, (a Bn part of a regiment, for instance), and you must go to an existing member unit and find the "missing" unit to change the Hq from independent..

It would be real nice if this option were available when purchased, or better yet, if the 'puter knew to automatically assign it to a matching component??....Love the game....

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 182
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 2:01:47 PM   
PaxMondo

Are you using the latest beta patch?  This should be fixed ....

Pax

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 183
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 4:20:07 PM   
m10bob

I am about to make my first turn with the new patch..Thank you for asking..

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 184
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 6:12:06 PM   
BigDuke66

Are the guns of the porter class fixed(from DP to SP)?
Thread started a long time ago but the error is still there in my game(running 1106i)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2356324&mpage=1&key=

Furthermore why are the gun values in the tooltip so strange:
Values for Porters:
62 Gun, 320 AA, 8 Torpedo & 2 ASW
compared to a Bagley class:
62 Gun, 130 AA, 16 Torpedo & 2 ASW
So why does a ship with 8x 5" SP has 62 just like a ship with 4x 5".

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 3/20/2011 6:19:22 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 185
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 6:16:07 PM   
vonTirpitz

Michael,

I found the save files and a possible explanation that caused the TOE to change and emailed the files to you.

Marc

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

version 1108k

General Defence Army and Kwantung Army take replacements this turn and changed OOB.

Save attached

I ran this save (looks like it was saved under 1108c) under K3 and it didn't add any extra devices.
I'll try the others.

Looks like something funny must have been present in k1 or k2.
The starting weapons (TOE) for General Army HQ show these extra devices which seems to be from a VM TOE.

Post #: 186
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/20/2011 7:41:39 PM   
m10bob

Regarding the activation of certain rebuilt destroyed units....I see no change in this patch..The units still stand in limbo in the Unit reinforcement queue at "1 day till arrival", and in the case of the Filipino units, I even own the intended point of re-entry, (Cagayan)..
This is in an existing game,though, so may not be valid for a new ,(fresh) game?

The remarks I made above seem to still be the only (current) "fix"..

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 187
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/21/2011 8:44:58 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Michael,

I found the save files and a possible explanation that caused the TOE to change and emailed the files to you.

Marc

quote:

quote:

version 1108k

General Defence Army and Kwantung Army take replacements this turn and changed OOB.

Save attached

I ran this save (looks like it was saved under 1108c) under K3 and it didn't add any extra devices.
I'll try the others.

Looks like something funny must have been present in k1 or k2.
The starting weapons (TOE) for General Army HQ show these extra devices which seems to be from a VM TOE.

Marc has found the problem with the corrupting GHQ/Kwantung HQ TOE.
It is related to when the VM units get activated.
I'll update the EXE.

Thanks again, Marc.

Can't restore the corruption, though.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/21/2011 2:41:38 PM >

Michael

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 188
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/21/2011 9:40:50 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Regarding the activation of certain rebuilt destroyed units....I see no change in this patch..The units still stand in limbo in the Unit reinforcement queue at "1 day till arrival", and in the case of the Filipino units, I even own the intended point of re-entry, (Cagayan)..
This is in an existing game,though, so may not be valid for a new ,(fresh) game?

The remarks I made above seem to still be the only (current) "fix"..

They should arrive.
Drop in a save and let me see.

Michael

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 189
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k4 (build03) upd... - 3/21/2011 11:46:57 AM   
michaelm75au

Updated

Changed Code base of reformed LCUs that can't arrive [MEM]
Fixed Error in limiting CD fire [MEM]
Fixed Occassional drop out of base selection, disappearance or mouse over [MEM]
Fixed Building VM units corrupts TOE of GHQ and Kwantung HQ [MEM]
Fixed Old convoy units could show up in Destroyed LCU list [MEM]

Michael

Post #: 190
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/21/2011 11:47:15 AM   
m10bob

At the office right now, will send asap..TY Michael..

Post #: 191
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/21/2011 6:29:36 PM   
Omat

Hello

Version 1108K4

Side Japanese
Go to Lingayen...48th Div. remember the number of support units. Run a turn. And look at the 48th Div. again.

In my games it had 450 Support units and after it hat 1-7.

I recombine the 48th Div on 30th Dec... the 8th Div. and the 1st Div. has the same problem. Both i recombine.

Omat

Attachment (1)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 192
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 9:28:24 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

Version 1108K4

Side Japanese
Go to Lingayen...48th Div. remember the number of support units. Run a turn. And look at the 48th Div. again.

I recombine the 48th Div on 30th Dec... the 8th Div. and the 1st Div. has the same problem. Both i recombine.

Omat

I can't see anything with this save.
Have you uploaded the wrong one???

Michael

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 193
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 11:43:51 AM   
m10bob

Michael, I have not offered a save in years, forgot where to find it.....(Am I embarrassed)..Going public with this confession so others may (re) learn the answer.....

Post #: 194
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 3/22/2011 1:21:47 PM   
Hanzberger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

One of the new features surprised me when I first thought that the 2/1 AIF Pioneer had 181 AIF infantry. Took me a little time for my old eyes to register it was 18!
Again thanks for all the hard work.

You'r right!
I didn't even notice it.
I might see if can use some other symbol to amke it more obvious.

Yes I think that would be a good idea. I would have read that as 181. LOL

Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

Post #: 195
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 2:13:39 PM   
Omat

Hello

Sorry was the wrong file.
I did this turn two times and got the same result. I got 460 Support units and after running that trun 1 and the other attempt 6. I don`t think this is working as indeed. I hope I am not wrong with my assumption. If yes I will regret my mistake.

Omat

quote:

quote:

Hello

Version 1108K4

Side Japanese

Omat

I can't see anything with this save.
Have you uploaded the wrong one???

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Omat -- 3/22/2011 2:31:52 PM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Post #: 196
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 2:18:06 PM   
Omat

Here the next turn

Attachment (1)

Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 197
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 2:33:55 PM   
Omat

This one please

Attachment (1)

Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 198
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 7:24:52 PM   
USSAmerica

I've seen similar things to what Omat has captured above, but from the Allied side.  Sorry, I have not been diligent to capture before and after turns when it happens, but I will watch carefully for it in the future.  BTW, I'm seeing it very rarely, but on patch 1106g, so I don't think it's something introduced in the beta patch levels.

< Message edited by USS America -- 3/22/2011 7:25:22 PM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 199
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/22/2011 7:58:47 PM   
Omat

Hi

The Problem what I mentioned appear after a unit recombine. Than I see this. In my safe game u can see also units (1st Div. And 8th Div) which had recombine earlier. But this unit did not take support replacements. But I am not sure id this unit did not take support replacements because of an other bug or because of insufficient of support unit in the replacement pool.

I did not see this happened for a unit which comes as whole unit or start as a combined unit. But I have also to admit that I did not pay much attention

Omat
quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I've seen similar things to what Omat has captured above, but from the Allied side.  Sorry, I have not been diligent to capture before and after turns when it happens, but I will watch carefully for it in the future.  BTW, I'm seeing it very rarely, but on patch 1106g, so I don't think it's something introduced in the beta patch levels.

< Message edited by Omat -- 3/22/2011 7:59:35 PM >

Bertrand Russell

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 200
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/23/2011 10:05:38 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Hi

The Problem what I mentioned appear after a unit recombine. Than I see this. In my safe game u can see also units (1st Div. And 8th Div) which had recombine earlier. But this unit did not take support replacements. But I am not sure id this unit did not take support replacements because of an other bug or because of insufficient of support unit in the replacement pool.

I did not see this happened for a unit which comes as whole unit or start as a combined unit. But I have also to admit that I did not pay much attention

Omat
quote:

This is the problem where what (and in which slot) of the LCU's devices differ between the TOE and actual.
The TOE list is long but the actual device list short and out of order.

I have tried to align the devices before doing upgrades or replacements in order that the right number of devices is kept.
Looks like I stll haven't got it 100%

It has added those missing devices back into the pool. Which is good (not lost) but not what I intended.
More work needed and I think I see where I went wrong.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/23/2011 11:12:03 AM >

Michael

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 201
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/23/2011 2:23:17 PM   
Omat

Hi Michael

It is nice to see that I can help a little bit. I have full confidence at your skills and I have to admit that I like the way how you are talking open and above board about game design and also problems very much. That’s an attribute which rarely..but also uncommonly honored.
So keep good working! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Omat

quote:

This is the problem where what (and in which slot) of the LCU's devices differ between the TOE and actual.
The TOE list is long but the actual device list short and out of order.

I have tried to align the devices before doing upgrades or replacements in order that the right number of devices is kept.
Looks like I stll haven't got it 100%

It has added those missing devices back into the pool. Which is good (not lost) but not what I intended.
More work needed and I think I see where I went wrong.

Bertrand Russell

Post #: 202
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/23/2011 2:51:27 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

One reason for trying to align devices to TOE is that funny things can happen to the number of devices in an unit if device order is too wacky. One problem I use to notice in very early games is that the number of devices tended to reach the TOE level of the device in the same slot, not necessarily for the same device though. Thus an unit could suddenly become under-supported because the TOE slot level was small, and the where the support device was in the TOE, the number of non-support device become very large.

Michael

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 203
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 11:17:29 AM   
beppi

I have currently a problem with unit movement in 1108c in a currently ongoing PBEM. Yes i know that this is not the most recent beta patch but we where forced to upgrade as we had crashes during the turn resolution which where fixed with 1108c and as there is an advice not to use the newer beta patches we did not upgrade to the latest.

When i try to move my units out of an hex with enemy units in there. I uses a division to move and follow for all other units (set all to follow). All units accumulate their movement identical but as soon as the original division leaves the hex all following units are rest to 0 movement and no follow.

I tried this two times already (once with all at combat mode and once with all at reserve mode) and both time it failed.

I will attach a save game where all units are one turn resolution prior to leaving the hex.
In my case it is Shwebo and i try to leave to the NE exit which is currently under control by the allied side. Problem is that if i am not able to return in a good order the units which lag behind can and might be crushed.

We do not want to update to the latest beta patch currently as it is not advised.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 204
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 11:54:18 AM   
m10bob

Sorry...Bringing rejuvenated units back into the game is still a non-happening thing for me if marked "independent" and I am unable to assign them to a valid command..

(Several posts above, I confessed my inability to locate the "saves" to send...It's been a while.)

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 205
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 12:07:19 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Sorry...Bringing rejuvenated units back into the game is still a non-happening thing for me if marked "independent" and I am unable to assign them to a valid command..

(Several posts above, I confessed my inability to locate the "saves" to send...It's been a while.)

Saves are in
C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE or where ever game was installed.

Zip up the file and attach as the zip file.

Michael

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 206
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 12:09:14 PM   
m10bob

Thank you Michael.......

Post #: 207
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 5:32:42 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Can I ask what the + means next to units OOB , is that new ?

Cav

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 208
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 7:11:13 PM   
Omat

Hello

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Can I ask what the + means next to units OOB , is that new ?

Cav

Yes it is new michaelm wrote:

quote:

The markers indicate that devices can be added (+) and devices can be upgraded (=)

If you want read page 1 and 2 of this thread

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 3/24/2011 7:15:05 PM >

Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 209
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/24/2011 8:40:10 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK thanks - I hope all this stuff works its way into a nice new pdf manual as there is so much to learn...

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI