Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Super Weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Super Weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 4:15:39 PM   
Gray Death

i´ve played some RotS games right now, but only to midgame. So far I got in every game the Death Ray and the pulse weapon. But I never got the Super Laser. is it so rare?
Post #: 1
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 4:32:30 PM   
Lord_Astraios

Ive never seen the super laser,  but i once managed to get the pulse weapon,  death ray,  ultra shockwave <<  dont remember the name of this one...  and another but cant remember.

*That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.

(in reply to Gray Death)
Post #: 2
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 5:02:00 PM   
Data

Others have reported getting it, some even multiple times iirc
Myself not yet as I'm doing mostly testing not actual playing....not long games anyway

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Lord_Astraios)
Post #: 3
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 6:14:37 PM   
Cvan

Super weapons? Something outside of tech tree? If yes then what effects (images) do they use in effects folder... I see all effects (beam_0.png etc.) are assigned to weapons that belong to tech tree.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 4
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 6:20:45 PM   
Data

Yes, they are outside the tech tree and can be found in ruins (not sure if only in ruins though). Can't help with the effects, iirc they all had one common image and a procedure to change that was found by J and Igard, don't remember the actual thread. It's recent though.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Cvan)
Post #: 5
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 9:34:14 PM   
Larsenex

The Super Laser IS the Death Ray, as far as I have seen in game.

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 6
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 9:55:31 PM   
Gray Death

nope thats not right. There are 3 Super Weapon techs.

-Death Ray

-Devastator Pulse

-Super Laser

in the races.txt you can edit the races to have one or all of the supertechs at start and ther are three of them.

@Cvan

Death Ray make 1800 DMG with 8,5 sec interval at 440 Range and has a turquoise Beam. Size 140 Energy used 400. Dunno the exact image nr. sorry.

The Devastator pulse make 1200 DMG with 12 sec interval at 470 Range. Size 170 Energy use 470. Don´t remember the color.

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 7
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 10:15:31 PM   
J HG T

Super Laser is only found on "Death Star" when you repair it, if mois memory serves correctly. It's basically the one-shot supa death beam, cabable of destroying everything but suns and black holes with one hit.
You can tell it apart from Death Ray from its ridiculous damage level of (IT'S OVER) 30000.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Gray Death)
Post #: 8
RE: Super Weapons - 3/21/2011 10:39:51 PM   
Data

Tois memory is pretty darn good, I've also not seen the super laser on anything else so I think you're spot on.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 9
RE: Super Weapons - 3/22/2011 2:42:11 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

You can tell it apart from Death Ray from its ridiculous damage level of (IT'S OVER) 30000.

I've found that it's pretty sodding useless in a scrap - rarely ever hits.

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 10
RE: Super Weapons - 3/22/2011 7:35:20 AM   
J HG T

Aye, it's quite bad. Even worse than orks. Giving it some more accuracy wouldn't do any harm really. Still, it's handy mauling some big spaceports and defence platforms.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 11
RE: Super Weapons - 3/22/2011 9:28:22 AM   
sbach2o

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray Carlyle

i´ve played some RotS games right now, but only to midgame. So far I got in every game the Death Ray and the pulse weapon. But I never got the Super Laser. is it so rare?

The Super Laser is just expensive to 'research' while Death Ray and the other one can be found, complete and ready to build, in ruins.

What's more, there is no direct way to 'research' the Super Laser. It can only be acquired from retireing derelict ships. When all other technology has been researched, most derelict ships (you can get an almost unlimited supply of them from datacores in the debris of pirate bases) will give an advancement in 'Advanced Super Weapons' when retired. In my game (research speed setting on 'slow') I needed on the order of 20 to 50 such advancements. Of course, I didn't take an exact count. Needless to say, this takes lots and lots of time.

< Message edited by sbach2o -- 3/22/2011 9:29:48 AM >

(in reply to Gray Death)
Post #: 12
RE: Super Weapons - 3/22/2011 10:29:36 AM   
Data

quote:

Needless to say, this takes lots and lots of time.

Goood

(in reply to sbach2o)
Post #: 13
RE: Super Weapons - 3/25/2011 11:46:10 AM   
Bingeling

Super Laser...

In the current game, I have the Super Laser. How I got it? I have no clue. I scanned through the log without seeing anything about it (should be a binoculars event).

Research is at early days level, so no danger in me getting anything that way. To give an idea, maxed shatterforce lasers, then moving to max one torpedo type beyond epsilon. No fancy hyper drives or reactors, 500 construction tech is advanced compared to the rest.

What I did do was finding the Desolation (or whatever) Moon project. I shot it up.

The "fun" thing is I could probably ruin this game if I wanted. The froggies are advanced technologically by WoodMan's start setup. Tech level 5 or something at start. I have taken their independent, and they are not so large. The Super Laser has 700+ trade value, I could swap it for their entire tech catalog, all their money and maps, and still have a few 100 millions to spare. Then suck up to them to avoid them being my enemy. The tech advantage should make me over powered.

Edit: Checking old saves. I did not have it at the start. I have it at my second save, though. This was just after discovering the froggie planet and taking a capital ship there. It was before finding Way of the Ancients, before getting even close to the world destroyer project. Guardians encountered early, and a warning from them has been seen. Very strange.

< Message edited by Bingeling -- 3/25/2011 12:12:40 PM >

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 14
RE: Super Weapons - 3/25/2011 1:12:16 PM   
Bingeling

And I just had to test it, of course in a "one way save".

As the thing is over 600 size, my 500 shipyard size would not do. So a resupply ship, hampered by storage requirements was made. It came in above 1200 size with the super laser and required components. Added 1000 worth of shields and engines able to cruise at 8 speed.

Short version: Yes, the capital planet of my former enemy went boom. Yes, the resupply ship died. Yes, my reputation went from dubious to notorious from shooting a capital planet with no war declaration.

The dubious reputation is an annoyance, btw, it happened because another empire invaded the same planet as me, and somehow my troops ended up conquering it from my friend.

< Message edited by Bingeling -- 3/25/2011 1:14:09 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Super Weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI