Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cherrypicking Classic Graphics

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Cherrypicking Classic Graphics Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cherrypicking Classic Graphics - 3/25/2011 8:39:30 PM   
desert

I'd like to get these to look the way they did before 3.4:

Movement Path, Supply icon, and density warning appearance
Corners on unit counters
Unit counter Atk & Df integers font?

And is there any way to stop left-clicks on the planner and Loss Report from showing the units involved underneath? The space-bar's fine for that. Or a way to stop a stray click from taking me 100 km out of my way (36. Left clicking on an empty hex in the main map will re-center the map on that hex.)? Call me a reactionary, but I prefer everything the old way except for the terrains, borders, and unit/formation highlights.

P.S.: The old Cursor and Attack Cursor were a white null sign and white crosshairs respectively, right?

< Message edited by desert -- 3/25/2011 8:41:48 PM >

"I would rather he had given me one more division"
- Rommel, when Hitler made him a Field Marshall
Post #: 1
RE: Cherrypicking Classic Graphics - 3/25/2011 9:16:48 PM   
sPzAbt653

Classic Defaults gets some of that. I went inot the graphics file and moved the new cursors to another folder, that way it won't use them but they are still there. I think the 'left click map move' is permanent.

(in reply to desert)
Post #: 2
RE: Cherrypicking Classic Graphics - 3/25/2011 9:50:32 PM   
ColinWright

While we're on the subject...

Any way of getting the classic font for place names back? It's not a priority, but it'd be nice...

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Cherrypicking Classic Graphics - 3/25/2011 11:57:30 PM   
desert

The thing is, I don't want the classic defaults. I just want density icons, supply icons, and movement paths to look the way they used to. I'm certain this will involve something or other in the two graphics folders. Likely something similar for the counters. The third item I'm not even sure has been changed. Compare: do the numbers look different at all? IMO, it's subtle, but it's there. The one's have bars on their bottoms and are fatter, for example. And the colors are more vibrant, but I'm ok with that.

quote:

Any way of getting the classic font for place names back? It's not a priority, but it'd be nice...

They are the same. Here, compare: the non-playable hex is identical in both versions, so there's your control; as you can see, the "MANCHE"'s are - not different. Are you sure that WindowsFont = N under PlaceNameFont in the Fonts .ini?

< Message edited by desert -- 3/25/2011 11:59:49 PM >

"I would rather he had given me one more division"
- Rommel, when Hitler made him a Field Marshall

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Cherrypicking Classic Graphics Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI