Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Screen questions: Devices

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Screen questions: Devices Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/28/2011 2:52:38 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Interesting to say the least. Those memory allocation parameters do shorten the load times by a considerable amount. I am down from over 1000 seconds to less than 200. I have been trying a lot of different setups, I guess that is one I have never tried. Now, I wonder why it shortens the load times?

Speculating, the smaller memory footprint might require less paging activity.

Considering that I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have 6GB of RAM, I really don't think that would be true, but then you never know Harry. I have tried loading after a reboot and with no programs open( the resource display
showed 3+GB of RAM still available.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 2371
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/28/2011 4:46:36 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

quote:

I wish I could get mine to load in 2 or 3 minutes. I 'm approaching 18 minutes. I have 110 turns loaded as Allies. I am using Windows 7 64-bit with 6GB of RAM. I' am using the nomap option.

Try changing "-Xms384m -Xmx1024m" to values 128 and 512 respectively - I have 329 turns loaded (as Allies) and tracker needs 343 seconds (about 6 minutes). And this while using Windows Vista with 4GB of RAM.

It's amazing that you have been able to load 329 turns! I get the "not enough storage" error when I try to load a turn after about 40 turns, even with the 128 and 512 values. Granted, I'm running XP with 4 GB of RAM(XP only uses 3GB), but this has seemed to be the practical limit for most folks up to now. What could you possibly be doing differently?

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 2372
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/28/2011 5:24:04 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

I wish I could get mine to load in 2 or 3 minutes. I 'm approaching 18 minutes. I have 110 turns loaded as Allies. I am using Windows 7 64-bit with 6GB of RAM. I' am using the nomap option.

Try changing "-Xms384m -Xmx1024m" to values 128 and 512 respectively - I have 329 turns loaded (as Allies) and tracker needs 343 seconds (about 6 minutes). And this while using Windows Vista with 4GB of RAM.

It's amazing that you have been able to load 329 turns! I get the "not enough storage" error when I try to load a turn after about 40 turns, even with the 128 and 512 values. Granted, I'm running XP with 4 GB of RAM(XP only uses 3GB), but this has seemed to be the practical limit for most folks up to now. What could you possibly be doing differently?

nomap?

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2373
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/28/2011 6:11:29 PM   
USSAmerica

Yeah, using the nomap as well.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 2374
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/28/2011 7:21:15 PM   
Hotschi

quote:

What could you possibly be doing differently?

Nomap, and that maybe explains part of it, or all of it.

Sorry, I haven't thought of this when posting, I am so used to using tracker without the map that I actually forgot its existence. IMHO it is useless, as it scrolls slow and eats up a huge chunk of RAM.

Without bragging or lying (am too old for these kind of things) I was able to load up to about 640 turns with the values mentioned above and with using nomap.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2375
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/29/2011 12:01:01 AM   
aoffen

quote:

quote:

How do you change the memory settings? Can't see where they are specified in the shortcut or the .bat file?
Regards
Andrew

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 2376
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/29/2011 1:15:51 AM   
BigDuke66

Just copy it into the bat file.
My complete bat file looks like this:

java -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

(in reply to aoffen)
Post #: 2377
RE: Screen questions: Devices - 3/29/2011 1:48:54 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

I'm running Tracker(NoMap) with "factory-installed" settings and have over 600 turns as Japan loaded, with 2 day turns. (So the net impact is probably somewhere between 300 and 600 single day equivalents). Loaded in 451 seconds last time.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2378
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/29/2011 11:52:57 AM   
topeverest

Tracker has always been a bit finaky for me. My 1.7.1 install I did prior to starting my current game has failed. It no longer loads when I call the program. Is there any support - or tips on how I can reload the software without losing my current game database?

Is it as simple as reloading the software and copying over my database file over the generic and setting the commands?

Andy M

Andy M

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2379
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/29/2011 12:01:37 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Tracker has always been a bit finaky for me. My 1.7.1 install I did prior to starting my current game has failed. It no longer loads when I call the program. Is there any support - or tips on how I can reload the software without losing my current game database?

Is it as simple as reloading the software and copying over my database file over the generic and setting the commands?

Reloading the software probably won't do anything. When it fails, what are the messages? Based on that, we can see why it fails and make recommendations. I know there is a bug which is stopping some people and we should have a new release soon to remedy that.

Floyd

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 2380
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/29/2011 8:42:11 PM   
Hanzberger

New release soon? YOU GUYS ROCK~!

Hope your feeling better Damian.

Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2381
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/29/2011 9:36:34 PM   
BigDuke66

Yea sounds great!

BTW any way to change the "resize to full screen" button in the upper right corner to resize the screen to a size not overlapping the taskbar?

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2382
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/30/2011 3:02:58 AM   
topeverest

Thanks...unfortunately, it just plain stopped running. I dont even get to the command prompt box. I had a failed turn load a few turns back. the next few turns loaded, but then it just stopped working. Dwelling on this, I now have a feeling that I know what the problem might have been. There was a turn at some point where the file came back in a different save slot. I want to say I changed it before running, but I cant be sure at this point. Shortly thereafter, I am pretty sure the problem started.

If I totally delete the the entire tracker folder / all its contents and reload, is it possible to install it again in a different / new folder and then mass load all the turns? I still have all the reports files.

please advise

Andy M

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2383
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/30/2011 12:55:22 PM   
floydg

quote:

Thanks...unfortunately, it just plain stopped running. I dont even get to the command prompt box. I had a failed turn load a few turns back. the next few turns loaded, but then it just stopped working. Dwelling on this, I now have a feeling that I know what the problem might have been. There was a turn at some point where the file came back in a different save slot. I want to say I changed it before running, but I cant be sure at this point. Shortly thereafter, I am pretty sure the problem started.

If I totally delete the the entire tracker folder / all its contents and reload, is it possible to install it again in a different / new folder and then mass load all the turns? I still have all the reports files.

please advise

Try just restarting the database. Remove the files that have names starting with trackerdb (usually four of them) and then try re-running. This will restart the database from scratch.

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 2384
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 3/30/2011 12:58:13 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66
BTW any way to change the "resize to full screen" button in the upper right corner to resize the screen to a size not overlapping the taskbar?

That is a Java issue, not WitPTracker. I guess we can intercept the message and then do something different, but this likely a lot of work to get it right.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2385
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.7.1 Available! - 4/2/2011 9:48:34 AM   
n01487477

Sorry found this as I was checking I've tried to add some features (Or at least mark them for the future)
quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arigoth

I'm flummoxed! I am struggling to figure out the LCU Production Screens.

1. Delay A, V, M?
Units that are delayed need Arm(A),Veh(V)and Man(M)Pts to build.These columns tell you how many points
2. What is the chart telling me?
Tells you what points you'll need in the future and how that will impact on those Points
3. FTY On and FTY Prodn? Cal Prd? Total Prodn? Delay Pts Need? Etc Etc Etc
(see picture)
This is an incredible tool and an overwhelming amount of information. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Floyd for all of the obvious work this tool entails.

I am trying to slog through understanding all of the production stuff before I offer myself up as a sacrificial lamb in a PBEM game. The production system is incredibly complex and fascinating. I love it. Guess I'm a logistics junky or maybe just masochistic.

Thanks for all the efforts.

This one is one of Damian's masterpieces, so he'd need to explain it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2386
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 10:03:29 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Developed a new economy for my mod ...unfortunately not sure how tracker can handle it.

The WitP Chart on the Industry tab has the Industry Inputs/Outputs hardwired to the stock settings.

Sorry Treespider - this is not going to make it into the new release ... will have to wait until I get it all done - I'm afraid.

Cheers

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 2387
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 1:54:10 PM   
Hanzberger

Your second post up is great in explaining the columns. Do you have one for air production. What is group planes? I think it is current planes plus reserve?
thanks
D

Japan AC wire chart here

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2388
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 5:30:56 PM   
nashvillen

Could we add in the tracker.properties file an entry for game name that we could customize for each game we are playing? That way I could assign "Ryan's Game" in the properties and the tracker would see that and put it in the title bar right next to WiTP Tracker AE to help me keep track of which game I am looking at in tracker.

I do a seperate software load of WITP:AE on my HDD for each game and put tracker in that folder for each seperate game, also.

If there is an easier way to do this than what I am asking for, please don't feel like you have to do what I ask specificially, just some way to ID each seperate game under a seperate install of tracker. THANK YOU!

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2389
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 6:05:52 PM   
Bullwinkle58

Getting back into Tracker with newest version and nomap.

Question on the Bases screen. Have looked through many pages here and can't find anyone who seems to have been cinfused by the column headings. What are "Nav" and "Air S(P)" reporting? Probably head-slapping easy but it's not clear to me.

Is there anyplace in the forum or on the Tracker site where column headings are defined all in one place?

The Moose

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2390
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 6:46:39 PM   
topeverest

Floydg,

I did as you suggested, and it is working now from the point I reinitialized the database, however, I lost the first several months. Is there a way to get it back?

Andy M

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 2391
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 6:47:35 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Question on the Bases screen. Have looked through many pages here and can't find anyone who seems to have been cinfused by the column headings. What are "Nav" and "Air S(P)" reporting? Probably head-slapping easy but it's not clear to me.

Is there anyplace in the forum or on the Tracker site where column headings are defined all in one place?

Some day we may update the Tracker site with a complete explanation, but until then...

Nav is the Naval support at the base and projected naval support from other HQ in range, shown as At Base (Projected).

Air is the aviation support at the base and the number of aircraft at the base, shown as Support (Planes).

Hope this helps.

Floyd

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 2392
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 6:51:24 PM   
floydg

quote:

Floydg,

I did as you suggested, and it is working now from the point I reinitialized the database, however, I lost the first several months. Is there a way to get it back?

You'd need to initialize the database from the first turn you want to track from.

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 2393
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 6:58:42 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Some day we may update the Tracker site with a complete explanation, but until then...

Nav is the Naval support at the base and projected naval support from other HQ in range, shown as At Base (Projected).

Air is the aviation support at the base and the number of aircraft at the base, shown as Support (Planes).

Hope this helps.

Floyd

Yes, it does, thanks.

I was trying to somehow get Patrol plane (P) numbers to work with the figures, and not getting there. And Nav to be number of ships disbanded or docked. Yours makes a lot more sense.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 4/2/2011 6:59:30 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2394
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 7:03:57 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Could we add in the tracker.properties file an entry for game name that we could customize for each game we are playing? That way I could assign "Ryan's Game" in the properties and the tracker would see that and put it in the title bar right next to WiTP Tracker AE to help me keep track of which game I am looking at in tracker.

I do a seperate software load of WITP:AE on my HDD for each game and put tracker in that folder for each seperate game, also.

If there is an easier way to do this than what I am asking for, please don't feel like you have to do what I ask specificially, just some way to ID each seperate game under a seperate install of tracker. THANK YOU!

That was really easy to add. It will be a new entry in the witptracker.properties file, as you suggested.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2395
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/2/2011 7:07:35 PM   
nashvillen

Nice! Thank you!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2396
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/3/2011 5:35:47 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanzberger

Your second post up is great in explaining the columns. Do you have one for air production. What is group planes? I think it is current planes plus reserve?
thanks
D

Actually - I have done that here
http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/air-production
And here ...
http://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home?pli=1

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2397
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/4/2011 12:01:27 AM   
Hanzberger

Thanks. Sorry forgot about that but have seen it a wile back. I remember though that you have not covered everything like Bullwinkle has posted. But that is all I was wondering about at the moment. Thanks again.
Reinforcements -15(15)? In the total being built that are yet to arrive, what is 25(27) I think the () is getting me confused. sry

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hanzberger -- 4/4/2011 12:24:51 AM >

Japan AC wire chart here

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2398
WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/4/2011 1:24:49 AM   
floydg

Once again, the wait is over and Release 1.8 is now available! As usual, from here.

New Features:
  • Maximum oil storage at a base exceeded alert added
  • Custom header using Header keyword in witptracker.properties file
  • Support for 2-day turns in SigInt reading using TurnCycle keyword in witptracker.properties file (set to 1, 2 or 3)
  • Aircraft attributes (e.g., heavy bomber) in Aircraft panel, Aircraft Comparison panel and Aircraft Upgrade window
  • Filter on aircraft attributes (e.g., heavy bomber) in Aircraft panel
  • CSV export for aircraft loss and victory point information
  • Nation filter added to Airgroups panel
  • Need column added to Device Usage popup
  • LCU primary unit and sub-unit information shown in LCU panel, database upgrade required to get this information
  • Alert for when an LCU's TOE upgrades

Bugs Fixed:
  • SigInt for leap year in 1944 corrected
  • TOE percentages for units with fragments corrected to match the game's information
  • HQ restriction notations fixed
  • Null Pointer exception for LCU history corrected by making the program a little stricter on recognizing a real LCU
  • LCU formation devices missing rows should no longer be missing
  • AA rating for ships no longer divided by two
  • AirGroups pilots history shows the up and down arrows in the right color for the direction
  • Filters for ship classes in Ship and Ship Class panels corrected
  • LCU reached destination alerts should now be generated properly
  • "Can't find device" message shown when reading a turn no longer shown

Known Issues:
  • Ship Class Upgrades get confused when there are multiple of the same device in the same place

Enjoy!

Damian and Floyd

(in reply to Hanzberger)
  • Post #: 2399
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/4/2011 2:18:55 AM   
    Nomad

Thank you both.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 2400
    Page:   <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Screen questions: Devices Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI