Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tough Competition!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tough Competition! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tough Competition! - 9/22/2002 10:04:25 PM   
Figmo

This may be a little off topic but it's the game that caused it.

I'm playing a campaign as the Americans - my first one. It's December '44 - my Paratroopers are isolated and being overrun by StormTigers & KingTigers and there's no way the relief force can get there in time. Besides that I lose a relief force Jackson to another StormTiger waiting in hiding. It doesn't look good!!

Then my wife walks in with her new close on. I am too busy to notice - BUT - my 4 year old son says "You look Pretty Mommy".

I've been out done by a 4 year old - ARGH!! I don't even think flowers will help.

Which is more important? What happened to the Parras or how I'm gonna get outta this? All suggestions are welcome!

Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
Post #: 1
- 9/23/2002 7:59:36 AM   
Alexandra

Ahh, Figmo, I shall help!

First of all, make sure to praise her a little over each of the next few days.

Then, without telling her, arrange for a babysittter for next Friday.

Then take her out on a suprise date!

That almost always works for my hubby!

Alex

It was close, but we pulled it out 41-38 in OT. The Title Defense continues on. Pats are 3-0!! :)

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 2
- 9/23/2002 11:31:38 PM   
Figmo

Thanks Alex, that's a great idea. I've already done the flowers thing. But this kid is good. He even came running into the kitchen saw me and said "Whew - I lost you daddy - I love you - by" - then went back to playing. He's Goooooood!

I can't keep up with him. I've tried some explanations on my wife:

- He'll NORMAL out some day.

- Men have a limit on how many kisses they can give in one day - that's why I had boys - to take the pressure off me.

Heck - I've even tought him the importance of artistic burbing.

But he still out does me. I'll go broke if this keeps up - hey - you think maybe she is brain washing him somehow.

Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 3
- 9/24/2002 7:31:34 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Figmo forget flowers chocolate dates and all the rest.

It's just "buying her".

The best defense against "errors" is to just acknowledge them, and then do something to "erase" them.

Best way to erase an error is to do something that is not normally required of you.
Now that might mean doing something intrinsically outside of your routine.

Good examples are doing her housework that day.

And let me tell you, once she picks up her jaw off the floor, she might be inclined to not be so in your face when you are occasionally slow on the draw.

It just seems, that sooooooo many spouses miss this valuable lesson.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 4
- 9/24/2002 7:33:17 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Oh and I wanted to say, hey welcome back Alex (where have you been?).

Or is it just me. You seem to have been absent from the forums.

Or has it been, just that I have not seen you?

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 5
- 9/25/2002 3:16:51 AM   
Don Doom

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
[B]Oh and I wanted to say, hey welcome back Alex (where have you been?).

Or is it just me. You seem to have been absent from the forums.

Or has it been, just that I have not seen you? [/B][/QUOTE]

Does the term "patter of little feet mean anything"

How is the littlest doing Alexandra?

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 6
- 9/25/2002 4:43:26 AM   
Katana

I'm not married, but I helped out a friend with a similar problem once. Send her shopping to get her out of the house for a couple of hours and cook her a suprise diner. Gets you about a zilion more bonus points than some horribly expensive restaurant.

Mind you, we're talking actual cooking and a proper meal. No mucking about with takeaway or microwave stuff. Help is allowed, but she's not to know. ever.
Most importantly, leave the kitchen EXACTLY the way you found it, or cleaner. Any screwups and you're in a bigger mess than before.

Then again, you seem to be in some sort of competition with a small boy (hers, no less) at the peak of his cuteness (well, kids are at that age, right?). You're fighting a losing battle if you ask me. Just bide your time until he hits puberty, plenty of opportunities to get even with him then.:D

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 7
- 9/25/2002 5:40:38 AM   
Figmo

These are all great ideas - thanks all!!

Actually, I'm the luckiest man I know - because my wife never complains at me - it's more like fun joking. And he's my kid too - it's difficult to get upset when he's being so cute.

I did get back at her. My daugher - I should say our daughter - made me lunch for work the other day. I had to tell my wife about it - hehehe. My wife hasn't done that since we had kids.

I also offered to help with things I never help with - and got accused of being patronizing. Of course, it was getting something up high for her - and she's short - which I've teased her about - so maybe it was the wrong thing to do.

Oh ya - the little guy's middle name is William - named after Wild Bill - maybe that's why he's good with the ladies and has a silver tongue. I've seen the Wild Man in action - he's gooood too!!

Figmo

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 8
- 9/25/2002 7:28:02 AM   
Big Bill

Be careful with the house cleaning and cooking............could set a unwanted precident!!!;)

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 9
- 9/30/2002 10:18:12 PM   
Figmo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big Bill
[B]Be careful with the house cleaning and cooking............could set a unwanted precident!!!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh Ya - I wouldn't want to upset the Status Que!!

BTW - here's the Cute little guy - I hope this picture thing works.

Figmo

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 10
You lose - 9/30/2002 11:41:04 PM   
challenge

Man how are you going to compete with this one -- and a smooth talker as well. You've had it, man.

Challenge

War is unhealthy for die-stamped cardboard and other paper products.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 11
- 10/1/2002 2:33:58 AM   
Alexandra

Les, I've been involved with this time consuming - and hard to sit begind my desk thing called having a baby :)

Don - she's fine, and I'm starting to get back to normal!!

AARs will return soon :)

Alex

Argh! Horrible focus, horrible coaching! Well, we had to lose one! :) Pats fall 21-14. Bring on the Fish!

"Tonight a dynasty is born." Ricky Proehl, then of the Saint Louis Rams. He was right! Go Pats! Winners of Super Bowls 36, 38 and 39.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 12
- 10/1/2002 3:08:08 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Smack my forehead heheh, yes that detail escaped me Alexandra, I had heard something of that a good ways back, but was editted from my memory heheh.

Still having little ones though, hmmm that makes me think you are one of our younger members here heheh.

Me, my life is way past the diaper years now heheh.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 13
- 10/1/2002 4:01:30 AM   
Big Bill

Alexandra!!!!!!!!! WE WAN"T OUR COACH'S BACK!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

BigBill, long suffering Jet fan

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 14
A thought occurs... - 10/2/2002 2:55:16 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Maybe Matrix ought to consider a line of "I'm a Steel Panthers War Widow" t-shirts. I'd bet they'd sell well. :D

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 15
- 10/2/2002 10:05:33 AM   
darroch

Alexandra,

Something to "look forward to": (sort of)

I played more SPWAW with infants in the house than ever before or since...

my secret?

Simple...

....after you've fed them, changed the diaper, and burped them, at 3:30 in the morning, and you're rocking them back to sleep, I found that I could play SPWAW single handed and hold the baby until sleep mercifully returned to the waif....this could take awhile....

Stacking was always a pain however - you had to hold the shift key and move the mouse...

I lost count of the number of times baby woke up because I had to use both hands to stack!!!!:mad:

Congrats and enjoy - in a few years it'll be asking you to teach him/her how to play SPWAW - that's a trip!

Cheers,

Darroch

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 16
My advice to Figmo - 10/3/2002 4:50:01 AM   
ivantheterrible

Try corrupting the kid: teach him how to play SPWAW :D

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 17
Re: A thought occurs... - 10/3/2002 5:41:16 AM   
Figmo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt. Pixel
[B]Maybe Matrix ought to consider a line of "I'm a Steel Panthers War Widow" t-shirts. I'd bet they'd sell well. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a few Matrix Tee-shirts and I hardly ever get to wear them because my wife wears them.

I must admit - they look better on her than they do on me!! :D

Oh ya - I finally told my wife that the little guy is my kid - soooooo - when she gets a kiss from him - it's should be considered getting one from me!

That's my story and I'm sticking too it!!

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tough Competition! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI