Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 updated 26 March

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 updated 26 March Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 updated 26 March - 3/31/2011 1:37:36 AM   
LowCommand

Bomber attacks against LCU’s in enemy held hexes are still often revert to ‘Commander Discretion.’ (At least for me.) This doesn’t seem to be new, I had the problem in 1.06.110c too. I have been running the same move over and over, trying to “unstuck” an amphibious TF intended to invade Izi Oshima.

The first time I ran this, I got an error on shutdown. XP sp3, no switches, Downfall scenario.

"Mines reported in the fairway,
"Warn all traffic and detain,
"'Sent up Unity, Cralibel, Assyrian, Stormcock, and Golden Gain."

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 241
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/31/2011 9:59:36 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

This turn a strange meeting happened, this was only the second or third turn with the latest K5 so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it but just in case I have attached the pre-turn save(I also have the auto-save for that turn if needed).

Day Time Surface Combat, near Carnarvon at 41,130, Range 19,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Takunan Maru #2, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Arima Maru, Shell hits 26, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Hobart

Japanese ground losses:
1401 casualties reported
Squads: 31 destroyed, 44 disabled
Non Combat: 36 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 10 (5 destroyed, 5 disabled)

The location is roughly some hexes west of Australia's North-West end, the Arima Maru starts the scenario near Samah(Hainan) and should run to Singora(Thailand) to drop off troops and the Takunan Maru #2 is based in Truk, all this leads to the question how did they end up in that corner???

Before upgrading to K5 I used this beta Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108c (build02).

The TF is routed to Singora. However, it's route consists of cirum-navigating Australia, past NG, thru PI and to Sigora.

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 242
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/31/2011 10:54:59 AM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

This turn a strange meeting happened, this was only the second or third turn with the latest K5 so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it but just in case I have attached the pre-turn save(I also have the auto-save for that turn if needed).

Day Time Surface Combat, near Carnarvon at 41,130, Range 19,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Takunan Maru #2, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Arima Maru, Shell hits 26, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Hobart

Japanese ground losses:
1401 casualties reported
Squads: 31 destroyed, 44 disabled
Non Combat: 36 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 10 (5 destroyed, 5 disabled)

The location is roughly some hexes west of Australia's North-West end, the Arima Maru starts the scenario near Samah(Hainan) and should run to Singora(Thailand) to drop off troops and the Takunan Maru #2 is based in Truk, all this leads to the question how did they end up in that corner???

Before upgrading to K5 I used this beta Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108c (build02).

The TF is routed to Singora. However, it's route consists of cirum-navigating Australia, past NG, thru PI and to Sigora.

In my current game vs. AI, TF route is identical. I decided to not use this to my advantage (because live opponent will not make such mistake) and I let them free:)

< Message edited by koniu -- 3/31/2011 10:56:34 AM >

Post #: 243
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/31/2011 7:28:56 PM   
BigDuke66

So what is it, scenario problem, problem with the new exe, did the AI just went mad or simply a bug in the routing?

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 244
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 11:18:17 AM   
michaelm75au

1108k6
Changed Added mission being trained for on group screen if primary is not TRAINING [MEM]
Added The group admin & stack data is displayed on the hex list screen if applicable, rather than when overloaded. Overloaded shows in RED [MEM]
Fixed Build rate of supply-generated ships was getting set back to '0'; should have been '1' [MEM]
Added Number of building 'supply-generated ships' shown in () on ship reinforcement screen [MEM]
Added Option to stockpile some devices in the Device Pool. LCUs wont be able to use them for upgrades or replacements [MEM]
Changed Removed same march direction restriction from rebuilding LCUs. [MEM]
Changed Play news of naval combat only if major combat ships involved [MEM]

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 245
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 updated 26 March - 4/3/2011 11:19:49 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: LowCommand

Bomber attacks against LCU’s in enemy held hexes are still often revert to ‘Commander Discretion.’

Should be fixed in the beta, though.

Michael

(in reply to LowCommand)
Post #: 246
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 4/3/2011 11:23:28 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

So what is it, scenario problem, problem with the new exe, did the AI just went mad or simply a bug in the routing?

Just how the AI is working out the route. some strange routet has been there off and on for ages.
I suspect that the area around DEI, Malaya and SEA has too high an air threat rating that is causing this weird routing.

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 247
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 1:21:45 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

1108k6
Changed Added mission being trained for on group screen if primary is not TRAINING [MEM]
Added The group admin & stack data is displayed on the hex list screen if applicable, rather than when overloaded. Overloaded shows in RED [MEM]
Fixed Build rate of supply-generated ships was getting set back to '0'; should have been '1' [MEM]
Added Number of building 'supply-generated ships' shown in () on ship reinforcement screen [MEM]
Added Option to stockpile some devices in the Device Pool. LCUs wont be able to use them for upgrades or replacements [MEM]
Changed Removed same march direction restriction from rebuilding LCUs. [MEM]
Changed Play news of naval combat only if major combat ships involved [MEM]

Michael,

Thanks for the great support!!!

Pax

Post #: 248
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k6 - 4/3/2011 4:21:43 PM   
vonTirpitz

Michael,

Just a little request.

Would it be possible to have the "temporary floatation repairs failing" messages from the combat replay added to the op report?

I tend to miss this message when it is displayed and it can sometimes be time consuming to figure out which ship was affected.

Appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 249
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 5:32:53 PM   
Rainer

Marvelous

Re-combining LCUs works
- 23rd, 24th and 25th Marine Rgt into 4th Marine Div (could not be done with the march resetting trick because sitting on Pago Pago which is only one hex)
- 4/1stDet.NW Front, 4/2ndDet.NW Front, 4/3rdDet.NW Front, 4/4thDet.NW Front into 4th North West Frontier Base Force (Northern Command, India)

A couple of patches ago the shortened red lines of approaching air strikes came into being. Also a much appreciated improvement.
Thanks a bunch Michael

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

Post #: 250
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 5:50:42 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

1108k6

Fantastic list of enhancements, Michael. Could you explain the intent of this one a little bit? Is this a way to help direct device replacements to higher priority units?

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 251
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 5:53:06 PM   
witpqs

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 252
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 7:46:26 PM   
witpqs

Michael,

I'm working through the Allied second turn, which as all know is a bit of a bear. Many of the various changes you have made in the Beta are saving me an enormous number of clicks. In addition to the saved effort this means fewer mistakes and fewer things inadvertently left undone due to click-fatigue.

Thanks!

I have come across one old bug. Units which either start the game (or arrive later) with a destination already set are traveling east, even if that is an erroneous direction of travel. Do you already know about that one or do you need a save?

EDIT to Add: We are using (and started under) 1108k5

< Message edited by witpqs -- 4/3/2011 7:50:28 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 253
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/3/2011 8:07:57 PM   
BigDuke66

@michaelm
Thanks for the clarification and thanks for the new patch version.

Now I have seen this for a while, messages in the air phases but the screen does not jump to the location, these messages have always been about subs(periscope, shape in the water, etc.), is that normal or could something be done about it?
Strange is that I get other messages about subs and the screen relocates just fine.

Besides that I wonder how much additional info we could get on screen instead in the reports, any chance we get an option for each message type we would like to be displayed?
Personally I would like to see:
-Planes taking damage while landing(to ground them for a while if losses to high)
-Planes grounded due maintenance(to ground them for a while if losses to high)
-Planes written off(to ground them for a while if losses to high)
Maybe those 3 could be combined to see the overall permanently/temporary losses

-Task Forces out of fuel(to refuel)
-LCUs & AGs taking replacements(well primary to see AGs being full and ready for redeployment)
-Sub leaving patrol zone(to fill hole with another sub)
-Auto TF forming(to cover it)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 254
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 4/4/2011 12:03:07 AM   
topeverest

I just had to reinstall AE. I put in the latest official patch. Is this beta patch suitable to put in? What say all you that have added it? Is there functionality I wont get otherwise?

Andy M

(in reply to Halsey)
Post #: 255
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 4/4/2011 12:47:42 AM   
witpqs

Treespider and I are using on a game we just started. Got one week done then restarted to adjust the mod (not due to the patch). I just finished Allied turn 2. This patch is fantastic at reducing clicking on those monster turns. The pilot management improvements promise to help enormously when pilots get trained and need to be moved around. Search arcs work. Tons more stuff. I like it.

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 256
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 4/4/2011 5:18:41 AM   
PaxMondo

Seems very stable so far.  Micheal has worked a lot of magic to get the purchaseable units to WAD.  As witpqs notes, a lot of new nice features.  The search arcs alone are worth it.

Pax

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 257
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) - 4/4/2011 8:05:17 AM   
m10bob

Latest patch working like a champion on AN EXISTING,ONGOING GAME!!!..Thank you michaelm......

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 258
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 10:52:24 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

1108k6

Fantastic list of enhancements, Michael. Could you explain the intent of this one a little bit? Is this a way to help direct device replacements to higher priority units?

There were times where I wanted to build up my pool of devices say Inf Squads, but still wanted the other devices (like artillery) to fill out normally.

Turning off all replacements only got me partway - an 'all or nothing' hammer.
With this option, I can still have the LCU take replacements but not the Inf Squads. Later when I have a big enough pool of them to say fill out my Division of Infantry, I can turn off replacements on all units but my Division, turn off stockpiling and on the next turn the Infantry Div should be able to take an influx of replacements (assuming all other supply conditions are met).
Also handy to have a good pool on hand for those TOE upgrades.

It is something that can be used, but doesn't have to be. Just an other micro-hammer for those who want finesse.

Michael

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 259
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 10:57:25 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Michael,

I'm working through the Allied second turn, which as all know is a bit of a bear. Many of the various changes you have made in the Beta are saving me an enormous number of clicks. In addition to the saved effort this means fewer mistakes and fewer things inadvertently left undone due to click-fatigue.

Thanks!

I have come across one old bug. Units which either start the game (or arrive later) with a destination already set are traveling east, even if that is an erroneous direction of travel. Do you already know about that one or do you need a save?

EDIT to Add: We are using (and started under) 1108k5

'East' is probably the default direction (ie no direction set).
If it is just a case of starting units with a destination, I should be able to repeat in a test scenario.

[edit]
Yep. It is the default (no setting) direction. If LCU has a destination, then it will try to workout general direction to go in. True direction will happen as part of the movement routine depending on mode, terrain, hex control, etc, executed during turn.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 4/4/2011 12:53:49 PM >

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 260
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k6 - 4/4/2011 11:20:01 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonTirpitz

Michael,

Just a little request.

Would it be possible to have the "temporary floatation repairs failing" messages from the combat replay added to the op report?

I tend to miss this message when it is displayed and it can sometimes be time consuming to figure out which ship was affected.

Repair failure that results in sinking is shown in the Ops report now. (1108f)

Michael

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 261
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k6 - 4/4/2011 11:38:01 AM   
castor troy

quote:

quote:

Michael,

Just a little request.

could the other ones show up too as it usually is too late anyway when the ship is sunk but if you miss it in the replay you can check the op report and perhaps save the ship by disbanding into a near port while it just travels on otherwise.

Post #: 262
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k6 - 4/4/2011 12:56:07 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

quote:

Michael,

Just a little request.

could the other ones show up too as it usually is too late anyway when the ship is sunk but if you miss it in the replay you can check the op report and perhaps save the ship by disbanding into a near port while it just travels on otherwise.

As they are part of same function, it should be possible without having any impact on code.

Michael

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 263
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 1:53:36 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

1108k6

There were times where I wanted to build up my pool of devices say Inf Squads, but still wanted the other devices (like artillery) to fill out normally.

With this option, I can still have the LCU take replacements but not the Inf Squads. Later when I have a big enough pool of them to say fill out my Division of Infantry, I can turn off replacements on all units but my Division, turn off stockpiling and on the next turn the Infantry Div should be able to take an influx of replacements (assuming all other supply conditions are met).

It is something that can be used, but doesn't have to be. Just an other micro-hammer for those who want finesse.

I'm going to eat this up!

For some reason, I've always been fascinated with the Allied device replacement/TOE upgrade process. This will be a fantastic addition in my book. Thanks, Michael!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 264
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 2:13:59 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

This will be very helpful as the Allied player when it comes to Australia and India infantry squads. I like to upgrade the BFs and some smaller LCUs, but want the infantry for the big divisions.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 265
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 5:07:01 PM   
oldman45

Thanks for all the work on this. The game just keeps getting better and better.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 266
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/4/2011 6:09:55 PM   
foliveti

I have noticed that seaplanes supported by tenders are not using any supply.  In fact supply seems like it is being added to the base.  I have two AVP at Baker Island with a squadron of PBYs.  It started out with 10 supply points at the base and 160 supply on each of the AVPs.  About ten turns later, I have 16 supply at the base and still have 160 on each AVP.  The squadron has been flying recon and search missions every turn.

I am using the 1108c beta I believe. 

Frank

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 267
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/5/2011 2:24:29 AM   
topeverest

Taking the plunge...going back to the last official patch in my game is...undesirable to be sure.

Andy M

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 268
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/5/2011 6:06:50 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Taking the plunge...going back to the last official patch in my game is...undesirable to be sure.

You won't regret it. Michael and the dev team has done some amazing work here.

Pax

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 269
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k - 4/5/2011 11:44:23 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

I have noticed that seaplanes supported by tenders are not using any supply.  In fact supply seems like it is being added to the base.  I have two AVP at Baker Island with a squadron of PBYs.  It started out with 10 supply points at the base and 160 supply on each of the AVPs.  About ten turns later, I have 16 supply at the base and still have 160 on each AVP.  The squadron has been flying recon and search missions every turn.

I am using the 1108c beta I believe. 

Save?
Nothing changed there but fixing one thing could have 'unfix'ed another.

Not sure where search planes get their "support/supply". There might be some conflict in whether the planes are "on the ship" (and thus no supply needed) or at the base (where supply needed).
I am leaning towards the fact that the AVP ships might be supporting the float planes (out of their organic AV support) rather than the base.

Michael

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 updated 26 March Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI