Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Scenario Notes in Napoleonic Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> No Scenario Notes in Napoleonic Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Scenario Notes in Napoleonic Games - 4/5/2011 3:48:40 AM   
WernerVoss

I recently bought John Tiller's Civil War games and Napoleonic War games. I can open the help menu files in all games, but the scenario notes in only the Civil War games and Age of Sail game. My system says "File Not Found" for the scenario notes on the Napoleonic games even though I can open them for Age of Sail which is on the same CD Rom and download file with them.

I loaded from the furnished CD, uninstalled and reinstalled. I also uninstalled and reinstalled from a download link thinking maybe there was a problem with the CD.

I have a new Gateway computer with Windows 7 and a 64 bit operating system. I downloaded a patch from Microsoft to be able to view the old style help files, but like I said earlier, the files aren't found for the senario notes for just the three Napoleonic games.

If anyone knows what is wrong, I'd appreciate it. Everything else about these games works great.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: No Scenario Notes in Napoleonic Games - 4/6/2011 12:44:00 PM   
WernerVoss

Problem solved. I didn't read the thread above about Help Notes and Vista. My question was answered in that thread. In that exchange someone raises the same question which is answered as follows. You must go into the game files and copy the file that says "Notes" with the question mark and drop it into each of the sub-folders for the different modules BR, PN, etc. I did this for each of the Napoleonic games and it worked great.

The question was raised over a year ago and Matrix still hasn't fixed the problem. You would think since they are creating the CD on demand, and don't have a backlog, it would be a simple matter to correct this issue in their master file.

I'm an old Avalon Hill board gamer (have about 15-20 titles in my attic from my childhood) and love these John Tiller, Civil War and Napoleonic War games. I'm glad Matrix brought them back.

Thanks for listening.

(in reply to WernerVoss)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> No Scenario Notes in Napoleonic Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI