Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/23/2011 4:21:59 PM   
markhwalker

A couple of interesting things in this screen. In this scenario, the Soviets--aided by Partisans--are attempting to capture scientists, which are controlled by the computer. This is the sixth scenario from the campaign, and the Soviets with the gold stars are actually campaign units, carried from one scenario to the next.

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Post #: 1
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/23/2011 4:31:31 PM   
Barthheart

Looks cool!

Thanks Mark.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 2
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/23/2011 5:12:15 PM   
Josh

Chances it gets released; 100%!

Thanks Mark.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 3
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/23/2011 5:31:14 PM   
harrmonica

this thread just made my day!

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/23/2011 6:41:32 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Chances it gets released; 100%!

Thanks Mark.

Really? What do you know that the rest of us don't know? All I see
is another screen shot.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 5
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/24/2011 3:36:34 PM   
Josh

Just teasing Gunny, ofcourse I can't be 100% sure. Anything can happen and this game might never see daylight, Mark could go bankrupt, one of the devs might drop dead, the internet might collapse.... heaven forbid all that happens ofcourse.
Just saying, they're still working on it, and it probably will be released someday.

In the meantime I'm quite happy with WitE, the upcoming PCO and most important Victors new game Advanced Tactics Gold.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 6
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/24/2011 4:42:07 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Just teasing Gunny, ofcourse I can't be 100% sure. Anything can happen and this game might never see daylight, Mark could go bankrupt, one of the devs might drop dead, the internet might collapse.... heaven forbid all that happens ofcourse.
Just saying, they're still working on it, and it probably will be released someday.

In the meantime I'm quite happy with WitE, the upcoming PCO and most important Victors new game Advanced Tactics Gold.

LOL. OK. Ya got me Josh.

I've been playing a lot of Memoir 44 on-line. We've already set up one small tournament
between 12 players and a had a lot of fun with it. They have a good community with
good support.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 7
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/25/2011 11:56:20 PM   
markhwalker

Where do you play M44 online?

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 8
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/26/2011 1:06:20 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Where do you play M44 online?

Go to the "Days of Wonder" site. You can download the program for free. It's still in Beta, but it's very playable. I don't recall how many scenarios there are. I think about 20 or so. There is an occasional bug, but the Beta testers (anyone who wants to download the program really) report everything that goes wrong and I have only experienced one or two problems. We've managed to put together a 12 man tournament already. The on-line forum is very active.

Post #: 9
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/27/2011 3:02:40 PM   
vonRocko

Wow, a screenshot, and it's not even September!

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 10
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/27/2011 3:47:58 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Wow, a screenshot, and it's not even September!

Can you imagine my excitement? LOL

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 11
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 12:01:29 PM   
markhwalker

The interesting thing about the skill card below...Sewer Rat allows the leader and all the units in its hex to move underground (i.e. away from the prying lead of opportunity fire) to another building hex within the movement range. It's great for spoiling the German's day. Gunhawk...thanks for the M44 answer.

World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 12
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 1:19:30 PM   
Barthheart

Cool skill.

Any chance at getting lost in the sewer... like that other game?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Post #: 13
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 2:25:03 PM   
harrmonica

that is a cool skill. really liking these screens and the artwork therein.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 14
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 2:25:41 PM   
Keunert

great stuff! please keep it coming. i look very much forward to this. and to finally beat Barthheart in multiplayer.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 15
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 2:57:07 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

great stuff! please keep it coming. i look very much forward to this. and to finally beat Barthheart in multiplayer.

I'll take that challenge!

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 16
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/28/2011 6:56:42 PM   
Gunhawk

>>Gunhawk...thanks for the M44 answer.<<

You're welcome Mark.  Now you owe me one. (-:  So, about HoS.  You've got everyone here in a tizzy over what they believe is the imminent release of the game.  I know that you said that you "hoped" to have it "out" by Origins.  Does that mean published and sitting on a table for purchase by the public?  If what you "hope" does not come to fruition, what is the *latest* possible date this year that you will publish the game? 

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 17
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/29/2011 8:50:48 AM   
markhwalker

I wouldn't call it imminent. I would say it is getting closer, I wish I could say, but there is nothing else I can say with certainty.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 18
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/29/2011 1:36:45 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

I wouldn't call it imminent. I would say it is getting closer, I wish I could say, but there is nothing else I can say with certainty.

Well at least you said "something", that is better than silence.
Thanks

Post #: 19
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/31/2011 5:31:42 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

Well at least you said "something", that is better than silence.
Thanks

I disagree. He didn't say anything that he hasn't said before.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 20
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 3/31/2011 2:05:32 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

I didn't say he said anything new, but he did say "something".
But even if he has nothing new to say, it is nice to hear a statement once in a while, instead of months of silence on this forum.

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 21
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/2/2011 5:04:52 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

I didn't say he said anything new, but he did say "something".
But even if he has nothing new to say, it is nice to hear a statement once in a while, instead of months of silence on this forum.

Depends on how you look at it. To me, since Mr. Walker has never commited to any kind
of date of completion, and there still is no game, no commitment is the same as silence.
Another screen shot doesn't mean a thing.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 22
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/5/2011 9:47:00 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

Hoick.

< Message edited by markhwalker -- 4/5/2011 9:48:37 PM >

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 23
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/6/2011 4:21:35 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

Hoick.

Nope. It's all the same 'cause nothing is nothing. No matter how you say it.

Post #: 24
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/6/2011 2:01:34 PM   
markhwalker

quote:

Tell you what, dude (or dudette...that's the problem with silly, forum names). When you start coding, designing, drawing, or testing, on this project, I'll listen to what you say. Till then you're just a breeze passing through.

< Message edited by markhwalker -- 4/6/2011 2:02:16 PM >

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 25
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/6/2011 2:16:08 PM   
Keunert

Mark could you tell something about pbem options? is the campaign playable human vs human? are there different set up options? i'm very much interested in this title.

Post #: 26
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/6/2011 3:47:03 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

quote:

Tell you what, dude (or dudette...that's the problem with silly, forum names). When you start coding, designing, drawing, or testing, on this project, I'll listen to what you say. Till then you're just a breeze passing through.

Until you deliver a product that you announced six years ago, instead of showing annual screen shots, you're nothing but a lot of hot air.

Hopefully that will end the pointless flaming and we can get down to cases. I'm not trolling you. We really want to know when we're going to see this game. If ever.

Ed

Male.
Caucasian.
USA

Post #: 27
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/7/2011 1:37:00 AM   
Barthheart

From the LnL Facebook page:

quote:

Sleepy Status Update
.by Lock 'n Load Publishing on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 6:38am.Dull, status update stuff this morning, but... I've approved all proofs for Summer Lightning and HoG. Summer Lightning could be in as early as April 18th, but has components coming from all over the States, so it might be delayed by the boxes (made near Va Tech...Go Hokies!) or the semi-unique D10. Hog will also be done this month, but will then take 30 days to arrive.

Space Infantry box is at the printers, and the units cards go in today, probably also the counters, enemy cards, mission tiles...heck...everything but the rules. That is being done in Pennsylvania, so we still hope it is in our warehouse by the end of the month.

Heroes of Stalingrad. Finally, all the voice overs are done! Still don't have have a completion date, but there will be one.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 28
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/7/2011 4:56:40 PM   
Hertston

quote:

Hear, hear.

quote:

Developer or not, Mark, you need a lot more on your side before trying to pull the 'dude' cr*p on people who have been waiting for years now for what is now generally perceived as vaporware, often because they have already purchased and are fans of your boardgames.

I'm sure everyone here has their own thoughts as to who is 'just a breeze passing through'.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 4/7/2011 4:59:33 PM >

Post #: 29
RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens - 4/7/2011 10:54:37 PM   
harrmonica

i don't know why its such a crazy notion when people are going to fork over money for your product, to deliver somewhat consistent updates, timelines, diaries etc. instead, this product/forum lays fallow for months at a time until it is once again revived by fans in eager anticipation or a 'screenshot.' i don't have anything personal against mr. walker, but there is an element of look i'm doing you a favor here by releasing this game, so pipe down and be patient.

i think a PR intervention is badly needed here.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI