Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

reproducing history

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> reproducing history Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
reproducing history - 4/12/2011 2:17:31 PM   
lportioli

First of all I want to congratulate for WITE, a very deep game that approaches the possibility of explore some complex "what if "in Barbarossa.
But to reach these cognitive heights the game needs new improvements, measured primarily with the ability to reproduce the historical events. A option permitted by the fantastic AI of WITE that use an AGENTBASED MODELS , a computational tool that is revolutioning the social sciences through a "generative" approach.
In my opinion the first limitation of WITE regards the excessive size of the hexagons ( or ZOC rules ?) - 10 miles-a fact that makes difficult encirclements maneuvers, so typical in the early stages of Barbarossa. The second limit is the excessive length of the turn- one week.
Both conditions lead to a significant delays in penetration, in particular for Army Group Center , a situation that make virtually impossible to explore the alternatives a es. of the crucial Directive 35 taken by Hitler in late August. These limits of WITE are comparable with those of the official versions of Barbarossa in the various versions of the Operational Art of War but and can be greatly improved by adopting the amendments introduced by P. Falotti in Barbarossa At the Tactical Level v1.4 ( dec. 2001)
Exagons of 7.5 miles, 1 day turn and regimental order. I tested this new version and the results in terms of reproduction of historical operations( penetration,air & ground losses..) were astonishing.
Post #: 1
RE: reproducing history - 4/12/2011 4:17:12 PM   
Redmarkus5

You will soon be told this by several people:

"No sensible human Soviet player would allow the Axis side to encircle his front line armies during the early turns, therefore any 'fixes' that force the Soviet player to experience the historical Barbarossa events do not make sense".

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to lportioli)
Post #: 2
RE: reproducing history - 4/13/2011 5:35:44 AM   
bcgames

Sorry Iportioli, the WitE map scale cannot be modified; it is 10 miles per hex. The time scale cannot be modified; it is one week per turn.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lportioli
In my opinion the first limitation of WITE regards the excessive size of the hexagons ( or ZOC rules ?) - 10 miles-a fact that makes difficult encirclements maneuvers, so typical in the early stages of Barbarossa. The second limit is the excessive length of the turn- one week.

(in reply to lportioli)
Post #: 3
RE: reproducing history - 4/13/2011 2:11:05 PM   
lportioli

It's right no human Soviet player could allow the encirclement of his front line armies ( a es. retreating ) but why to prevent the Axis the possibility to encircle using the mobility of PzKorp ? Anyway if is not possible to change map & time scale of WITE the game remain superb..

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> reproducing history Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI