Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ouestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Ouestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ouestions - 4/12/2011 4:13:28 PM   
Nova538

The new project seems to have good potential. I do have a couple of questions though.
1) Is this going to be similiar to the old SSI "Decisive Battles of the American civil war ", series. I think that was the title. I havent played the Battleground series, so I'm not familiar with that.
2) Will you be able to edit both the maps and the OoB?
3) How are leaders handled? Are they there in name only or do they fit into the game?
4) How are things such as Gunboats, Forts, and Railroads handled? Any chance of blowing up a train on a siding ? Just kidding.
5) Will you be able to create large battles , such as Gettysburg, or the Wilderness, or will it be broken down into sections of the battle?
One last comment. Do hope the graphics are better than some of the stuff I've seen out there. They look like something out of the 80s.

good luck
Nova
Post #: 1
RE: Ouestions - 4/12/2011 8:14:54 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks for your questions, which I'll take in order:

1) I never played the SSI game, but from what I know there are some similarities. Perhaps one of the testers can answer better.
2) OOB's, easily. Maps, no. Maps will be graphics that cannot be changed once they're done. (Which is why I was trying so hard not to make mistakes.)
3) Leaders play a big role, from the regiment/battery level on up. This thread has some info: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2528528
4) None of that is really relevant for the first release, though Williamsburg did have a smallish fort and some redoubts. Gunboats we'll have to figure out for future releases.
5) Big battles are our goal. While we will have some scenarios that sort of zoom in and just have a famous part of a larger battle, the idea is that we have maps that can go up to 50 square miles, and that means every battle can fit (though the full area covered by Cold Harbor, as I recall, is tough to fit, if one wants room for maneuvering).

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Nova538)
Post #: 2
RE: Ouestions - 4/15/2011 3:51:19 PM   
Nova538

Gil,
Thanks for the reply. As for the SSI game, it was a great one for its time. The non editing of maps is kind of a let down, but the scale of the ones provided seems pretty good though. I alsways liked games like Steel Pantheres and TOAW where you could make your own maps. I guess I'll just hang out and wait to see what the finished product turns out to be .
Take Care,
Nova

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Ouestions - 4/16/2011 8:39:09 AM   
Gil R.

If you read back far enough in this forum you'll find that somewhere I made a promise to work with modders who want to create maps. Essentially, any battle that WCS plans to do as part of the BAB series -- right now, though would be roughly 20 battles -- would be excluded from the offer, but in other cases if some of you out there have the requisite graphics skills to make a map then I'd give input along the way and do the map-editing so that the code can read it. (The map would have to be given away freely on the Matrix site, and would have to meet a minimum quality standard. If both of those requirements are met I'm happy to help grow the number of battles available to BAB players.)

(in reply to Nova538)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Ouestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI