Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ports, mountains and supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Ports, mountains and supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ports, mountains and supply - 4/26/2011 11:01:04 AM   
molchomor

Hi guys, as axis I have control of all raillines leading down to Caucasus (so the AI cannot rail units in), but it keeps teleporting/shipping units in of course. At least 50 Soviet combat units (divisions and corps) are present right now with only Baku and the port city north of Baku supplying them, which seems not to be a problem at all for the Soviets.

Anybody know how many units a port can supply, are there any limitations or do ports act just like a normal railhead (it seems so) ?

Another thing the AI does is to teleport units into the northernmost mountain hexes (I am in control of the area just north of the ridge). All those units (lots and lots of them) seem to draw plenty of supply over the 10 mountain hexes or so (?) down to the Tbilisi-Sukhumi railline (that is supplied by port only).
My own poor units suffer in mountains of course as they do not get any supply at all there (or very minimal).

Anybody knows what supply restrictions there supposedly are over mountain hexes ?

< Message edited by molchomor -- 4/26/2011 11:02:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ports, mountains and supply - 4/26/2011 5:58:46 PM   
Altaris

I'm pretty sure Baku is one of the origination points for supply (one of the Ural cities is the other... Chelyabinsk maybe??) That means anything connected to Baku will always be in supply, it can't be cut off short of taking Baku.

(in reply to molchomor)
Post #: 2
RE: Ports, mountains and supply - 4/26/2011 6:59:40 PM   
molchomor

Ah, thanks. Better start reading that manual a bit closer :)

(in reply to Altaris)
Post #: 3
RE: Ports, mountains and supply - 4/28/2011 11:06:14 AM   
Farfarer61

Guriev will act as a port supply source even if no other Caspian ports ( including Baku) are Soviet.

(in reply to molchomor)
Post #: 4
RE: Ports, mountains and supply - 4/28/2011 11:22:08 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: molchomor

Hi guys, as axis I have control of all raillines leading down to Caucasus (so the AI cannot rail units in), but it keeps teleporting/shipping units in of course. At least 50 Soviet combat units (divisions and corps) are present right now with only Baku and the port city north of Baku supplying them, which seems not to be a problem at all for the Soviets.

Anybody know how many units a port can supply, are there any limitations or do ports act just like a normal railhead (it seems so) ?

Another thing the AI does is to teleport units into the northernmost mountain hexes (I am in control of the area just north of the ridge). All those units (lots and lots of them) seem to draw plenty of supply over the 10 mountain hexes or so (?) down to the Tbilisi-Sukhumi railline (that is supplied by port only).
My own poor units suffer in mountains of course as they do not get any supply at all there (or very minimal).

Anybody knows what supply restrictions there supposedly are over mountain hexes ?

1 rule for us, another for the AI

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to molchomor)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Ports, mountains and supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI