Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/28/2011 6:34:53 PM   
thewood1

They may have a different flavor, but the cover the same thing in the end.  btw, people compare books on the same subject all the time.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 61
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/28/2011 7:29:35 PM   
pad152

Both are fine, with 1:1 it's fine for company size battles but, becomes some what more comber some with larger force sizes. One thing I've noticed with CM:SF with the larger marine squads, I spend more time getting them into position.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 62
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/28/2011 8:32:03 PM   
thewood1

Here  is a good example of one of the issues with 1:1 as implemented in CM2.  a 13 man squad is crammed into a pretty tight area.  I doubt even in march formation you would see that many people that close together.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 63
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/28/2011 9:31:36 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki
I am sure that you can. The point is that the more that a player has to worry about on screen, the more labourious each turn becomes as you will now have to be so much more careful as to where you plot your moves to take into account the terrain and position(s) of each and every soldier, all X a battalion or more worth of squads. I know that CMSF and CMN are squad based, but what will happen if I plot a move that leaves some of my men in cover and some outside this same cover?

The tactical AI in CMSF handles that position of individual soldiers. When one plots moves in CMSF, you get a highlighted zone at the end of your cursor showing the area the squad will occupy. If the position you are seeking is up against a fence or wall, the highlighted area will show where they will set their formation. Thus, as a player, you can check to see if anyone is out of postion or in the open. You can move the cursor and thus the highlighted area around to see what might be the best position in that tile of terrain.

quote:

I can see a player being forced to get right down to plot his moves, and this does not translate well to larger formations. Plus the CPU hit has to be up there as well to handle 1:1. If your machine can take (x) number of squads in a battle before it locks up, then it will potentially only be able to handle (x/10 assuming a linear reduction and a 10 man squad) soldiers before the same cpu stumbles.

I thought most wargamers loved the concept of getting down and dirty with plotting moves to their hearts content. I have always been of the understanding this is the kind of stuff wargamers have craved...the more detail, the better. Maybe I'm not understanding your statement here. There is always going to be a line drawn to where ones' CPU can handle large calculations.

quote:

Have you tried playing a full regiment worth of infantry with added tanks ect. with CMSF?

Good gracious no. My CPU could never handle that kind of data. Considering the size of the maps in CMSF, the map would be rather crowded as well. I have played battalion vs. battalion battles in CMSF and my machine can handle it quite well. The management associated with those size forces is quite enough for me. Anything larger and you are talking (IMHO) tedium just to get one turn going. Are you telling me that in Panzer Command Ostfront, we are going to be able to play regiment vs. regiment battles on large maps?

If I want to play with those kind of numbers and up, I usually load up one of my John Tiller Panzer Campaign games and we both know they have absolutely no eye candy. But there I'm looking for a much different gaming experience.

quote:

There are some CMx1 battles out there at this size, and I never found anyone that could not play them due to cpu issues.

No disrespect to you but I've never heard of battles that size in CMx1. Well, in thinking more about it I can remember maybe two that size and those two battles were way too large for my machine to handle at the time. Maybe with today's new machines, maybe but I figure those size battles must be limited in number. Battalion vs. Battalion were what I remember as the sizes to shoot for and limit due to peoples' CPU restrictions.

quote:

I do not own CMSF, but I would dare to stick my neck out and say that CMx1 will handle larger battles then will CMSF. All so that I can look at what amounts to eye candy with 1:1 on screen.

I would consider that a safe bet. I think it is pretty obvious CMSF and CMBN would be much more CPU intensive than the older CMx1 series. I can remember constant questions from players back then asking BF to give them the opportunity to see a full squad in action in future versions. I like the eye candy. It leads to more immersion in the game IMHO. There is always a trade-off. We shall see the trade-offs in PCO once we start to see game reviews and more video of actual gameplay.

quote:

CMSF is still a squad based system so why do I need to know what each soldier is doing, all I want to know is what is happening to the squad. In effect, all that the 1:1 thing is doing is kicking the crap outa my cpu for what gain as far as gameplay and how I will use my squads?

Because of the fun factor? Why do you need to see what your individual armored vehicles are doing? Take all 3D representations out then. If calculations is all that matters, why not just play those John Tiller Games then or WITE? John Tiller Games have squad based games available in Panzer Campaigns format. My point being that IMHO most people want to see those representations and as computers get more powerful, we will see more of this type of representation in computer gaming.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 64
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/28/2011 9:48:20 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Here  is a good example of one of the issues with 1:1 as implemented in CM2.  a 13 man squad is crammed into a pretty tight area.  I doubt even in march formation you would see that many people that close together.

Actually, I think that is a poor example. I've seen plenty of pictures from WW2, Iraq, afghanistan where troops were not that all spread out.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 65
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 12:58:28 AM   
thewood1

Those were either not in combat or trying to get cover.  Every 1st hand account of combat has a squad leader screamin to spread out.  Even BFC recognized the weakness by lowering small arms and HE lethality to compensate.  They have nenevr mentioned how that impacts non-squad targets like AT guns and ATGMs as targets.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 66
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 2:13:55 AM   
diablo1

quote:

and as computers get more powerful, we will see more of this type of representation in computer gaming.

lord I hope not. I'm already taxed enough playing with 20 or so icons or counters. I surely don't want a ton of units to have to babysit 1:1 as that might as well just be an rts clickfest game. I've always felt the 3 or 5 unit representations are just fine. Or like the Total War series does it you can control 1000's of units but it's really only 20 units total that you move around. I don't mind the illusions of 1:1 but don't make me play 1:1 as that's as bad as one of those WitE games with 1000's of units that I certainly don't want to move piece by piece every turn.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 67
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 2:49:01 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

Those were either not in combat or trying to get cover.  Every 1st hand account of combat has a squad leader screamin to spread out.  Even BFC recognized the weakness by lowering small arms and HE lethality to compensate.  They have nenevr mentioned how that impacts non-squad targets like AT guns and ATGMs as targets.

I understand what you are saying and I understand proper combat tactics but those pictures I've seen were indeed of guys in combat. It may be proper tactics (by the book) but it doesn't mean those tactics are followed to the letter by the troops.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 68
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 2:54:24 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

quote:

and as computers get more powerful, we will see more of this type of representation in computer gaming.

lord I hope not. I'm already taxed enough playing with 20 or so icons or counters. I surely don't want a ton of units to have to babysit 1:1 as that might as well just be an rts clickfest game. I've always felt the 3 or 5 unit representations are just fine. Or like the Total War series does it you can control 1000's of units but it's really only 20 units total that you move around. I don't mind the illusions of 1:1 but don't make me play 1:1 as that's as bad as one of those WitE games with 1000's of units that I certainly don't want to move piece by piece every turn.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing anymore. BF's CM series is squad based...you move the squad or team with orders. You can also move an entire company, platoon etc., even the entire battalion. You could move them this way up to a certain line and then micro-mangage each squad to a specific forrest patch, ditch, house, wall. I don't have WITE but I do have many HPS (John Tiller) Panzer Campaigns and those can become very slow to move depending on how big a scenario you play. But then again, it is a different type of game simulating operational tactics and maneuvers.

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 69
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 3:06:48 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedCharlie65
I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing anymore. BF's CM series is squad based...you move the squad or team with orders. You can also move an entire company, platoon etc., even the entire battalion. You could move them this way up to a certain line and then micro-mangage each squad to a specific forrest patch, ditch, house, wall.
Can't you divide each squad into teams? Then move those, rejoin them. Then you are talking a lot of little bits.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 70
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 3:22:57 PM   
thewood1

Only certain countries.  Even then, you end up with 4/5 gyus in a square 8m across.  I have seen as many as 8 people in a square. 

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 71
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 3:23:44 PM   
thewood1

The otehr thing I'll mention again, if the spacing is not an issue, why did BFC admit nerfing the HE ansd small arms?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 72
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 3:39:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

I've enjoyed every CM game Battlefront has released to date and I'm sure I'll enjoy Combat Mission: Normandy. I think the 1:1 representation also has advantages when you're playing smaller scale scenarios. However, I really do find that my own overhead as a player is lower in Panzer Command (compared to CMBB or CM:SF). In larger battles, basically above a couple of companies per side, I feel that I have better awareness of my force status and events and can plan out my orders more quickly in Panzer Command. I'm sure some of this is due to my familiarity with Panzer Command, but I think the additional tools we provide to the player and the platoon-based orders can really speed things up. The reaction phase actually speeds things up for me too as I'm adjusting full orders less frequently, though your mileage may vary on that, which is why we made it an option in Panzer Command: Ostfront.

The main message I would like to get to all of you is that one game does not replace the other and I think that with these two releases imminent, there will be plenty for both East and West Front tactical wargamers to enjoy.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 73
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 4:39:58 PM   
Ratzki

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedCharlie65

quote:

I am sure that you can. The point is that the more that a player has to worry about on screen, the more labourious each turn becomes as you will now have to be so much more careful as to where you plot your moves to take into account the terrain and position(s) of each and every soldier, all X a battalion or more worth of squads. I know that CMSF and CMN are squad based, but what will happen if I plot a move that leaves some of my men in cover and some outside this same cover?

The tactical AI in CMSF handles that position of individual soldiers. When one plots moves in CMSF, you get a highlighted zone at the end of your cursor showing the area the squad will occupy. If the position you are seeking is up against a fence or wall, the highlighted area will show where they will set their formation. Thus, as a player, you can check to see if anyone is out of postion or in the open. You can move the cursor and thus the highlighted area around to see what might be the best position in that tile of terrain.

Yes, but there is an extra step. You get that highlght at the end of your proposed move, then you have to see if that is ok and readjust if it is not. Multiply this over several companies and I can see this getting to be a bit of a pain.

quote:

I can see a player being forced to get right down to plot his moves, and this does not translate well to larger formations. Plus the CPU hit has to be up there as well to handle 1:1. If your machine can take (x) number of squads in a battle before it locks up, then it will potentially only be able to handle (x/10 assuming a linear reduction and a 10 man squad) soldiers before the same cpu stumbles.

quote:

I thought most wargamers loved the concept of getting down and dirty with plotting moves to their hearts content. I have always been of the understanding this is the kind of stuff wargamers have craved...the more detail, the better. Maybe I'm not understanding your statement here. There is always going to be a line drawn to where ones' CPU can handle large calculations.

Getting down and dirty is one thing, but being forced into the dirt to play the game is another. With CMx2 two not just choosing to model the full squad but to have each individual member able to sight, pick targets, ect., this has to limit the size of battles that are able to be played.

quote:

Have you tried playing a full regiment worth of infantry with added tanks ect. with CMSF?

quote:

Good gracious no. My CPU could never handle that kind of data. Considering the size of the maps in CMSF, the map would be rather crowded as well. I have played battalion vs. battalion battles in CMSF and my machine can handle it quite well. The management associated with those size forces is quite enough for me. Anything larger and you are talking (IMHO) tedium just to get one turn going. Are you telling me that in Panzer Command Ostfront, we are going to be able to play regiment vs. regiment battles on large maps?

If I want to play with those kind of numbers and up, I usually load up one of my John Tiller Panzer Campaign games and we both know they have absolutely no eye candy. But there I'm looking for a much different gaming experience.

I do not see why PC could not handle larger forces on a map then can CMx2. There's that limiting factor again, CMx2 will force us into smaller battles.

quote:

There are some CMx1 battles out there at this size, and I never found anyone that could not play them due to cpu issues.

quote:

No disrespect to you but I've never heard of battles that size in CMx1. Well, in thinking more about it I can remember maybe two that size and those two battles were way too large for my machine to handle at the time. Maybe with today's new machines, maybe but I figure those size battles must be limited in number. Battalion vs. Battalion were what I remember as the sizes to shoot for and limit due to peoples' CPU restrictions.

There are several out there, the AI never was able to handle them well, but a human made the games well worth playing.

quote:

I do not own CMSF, but I would dare to stick my neck out and say that CMx1 will handle larger battles then will CMSF. All so that I can look at what amounts to eye candy with 1:1 on screen.

quote:

I would consider that a safe bet. I think it is pretty obvious CMSF and CMBN would be much more CPU intensive than the older CMx1 series. I can remember constant questions from players back then asking BF to give them the opportunity to see a full squad in action in future versions. I like the eye candy. It leads to more immersion in the game IMHO. There is always a trade-off. We shall see the trade-offs in PCO once we start to see game reviews and more video of actual gameplay.

There is that force into smaller scale battles again. Great if you like that size, no so much if you don't.

quote:

CMSF is still a squad based system so why do I need to know what each soldier is doing, all I want to know is what is happening to the squad. In effect, all that the 1:1 thing is doing is kicking the crap outa my cpu for what gain as far as gameplay and how I will use my squads?

quote:

Because of the fun factor? Why do you need to see what your individual armored vehicles are doing? Take all 3D representations out then. If calculations is all that matters, why not just play those John Tiller Games then or WITE? John Tiller Games have squad based games available in Panzer Campaigns format. My point being that IMHO most people want to see those representations and as computers get more powerful, we will see more of this type of representation in computer gaming.

Ahh, because I like playing a squad based system and not a platoon based one. I play many table top wargames and the Tiller series, all for different reasons, the thing is that when I want to play a squad level game, I do not want to do it at the individual soldier level. It kinda misses the point then. I too will buy CMN when it comes out, and I hope that I like it, but as it looks at the moment, for me it might miss the mark.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 74
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 5:17:01 PM   
general_solomon

I am not sure about you guys when i used to play squad battles and close combat, I often wondered how the scenerio would play out if it was in 3d so that i could see the terrain and my soldiers.

real time battles are cool if their small otherwise it becomes a clickfest.

maybe someone else can answer this but why does the close combat series do 1:1 so well? is it because its a topdown game? could that game translate well as a 2 1/2 d game?

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 75
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 5:19:30 PM   
Zakhal

Im glad they included WEGO into CM2 even though it has realtime now. Looking at the two realtime betatest videos they were very chaotic compared to the WEGO video. When I play a game I want to take the time to enjoy the details instead of rushing around the map and clicking around like a madman.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 76
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 9:16:26 PM   
Yoozernamemember

I will be interested in playing bocage scenarios in WEGO with maximum FOW setting. 

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 77
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 10:07:19 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I've enjoyed every CM game Battlefront has released to date and I'm sure I'll enjoy Combat Mission: Normandy. I think the 1:1 representation also has advantages when you're playing smaller scale scenarios. However, I really do find that my own overhead as a player is lower in Panzer Command (compared to CMBB or CM:SF). In larger battles, basically above a couple of companies per side, I feel that I have better awareness of my force status and events and can plan out my orders more quickly in Panzer Command. I'm sure some of this is due to my familiarity with Panzer Command, but I think the additional tools we provide to the player and the platoon-based orders can really speed things up. The reaction phase actually speeds things up for me too as I'm adjusting full orders less frequently, though your mileage may vary on that, which is why we made it an option in Panzer Command: Ostfront.

The main message I would like to get to all of you is that one game does not replace the other and I think that with these two releases imminent, there will be plenty for both East and West Front tactical wargamers to enjoy.

Regards,

- Erik

I understand where you are coming from. My own familiarity comes from playing the CM series of games. This will be my first try at your Panzer Command series. Perhaps that is why I feel some in the forums here are way too critical of BF. I understand people have their own preferences but sometimes I believe there is way too much splitting of hairs on features, developmental direction etc...all for a $50 game. The fact that I've got two companies now producing these types of tactical wargames for my personal enjoyment is just incredible! In this ecomony, in this small niche of computer gaming...we should be so lucky.

I'm looking forward to playing both series and enjoying them for their differences and similarities.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 78
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 10:11:33 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

I am not sure about you guys when i used to play squad battles and close combat, I often wondered how the scenerio would play out if it was in 3d so that i could see the terrain and my soldiers.

real time battles are cool if their small otherwise it becomes a clickfest.

maybe someone else can answer this but why does the close combat series do 1:1 so well? is it because its a topdown game? could that game translate well as a 2 1/2 d game?

I myself could never get into real time mode. In fact, when CMSF first came out I passed on it due to many issues but the big one for me was it was only in real time. Once BF fixed a lot of bugs and put WEGO back in (at Marines Module), I was hooked. The game has so much improved with the additional modules...IMHO of course.

Post #: 79
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 10:13:54 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

Im glad they included WEGO into CM2 even though it has realtime now. Looking at the two realtime betatest videos they were very chaotic compared to the WEGO video. When I play a game I want to take the time to enjoy the details instead of rushing around the map and clicking around like a madman.

Yes...I completely agree. I love WEGO. I love that I can take my time and plan my troops' moves. When turn is done, I can watch playback over and over from different angles and enjoy the movie time after time. You can see some pretty cool things happening that you didn't catch running playback the first time.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 80
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/29/2011 11:31:23 PM   
Yoozernamemember

I suspect a conflict-of-interest between Relative Spotting and WEGO.  That is, a person can fully inspect what each unit relatively sees, and then inspect the overall 'non-selected-unit-borg-reprted-overallspotting' and make gamey decisions.  That is why I would want to play in 'ironman' FOW mode when playing WEGO.  I would also want a chess 'you-touch-it-you-use-it'.  That is, once a unit is selected, it must be issued orders.

I also like the WEGO for WWII as far as command/control/communications.  It was always my thought that WEGO commands time-structure is better suited for WWII abstraction. 

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 81
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 12:51:41 AM   
Stridor

quote:

Why does anyone have an issue with comparing CM and PC?  They are both playing at exactly the same scale.  They are simulating the exact same times in history.  I imagine they will both cover the exact same theater.

I think that drives good healthy discussion.  I have a feeling if we were all a little too sensitive in discussing that, PCO wouldn't even exist.

From what I have seen of CMBN in videos and read in AARs, I don't think there is any real point comparing the two games anymore.

Sure, they both play very differently, but that is perhaps not the point. One game clearly has had a lot of money invested on development of the code and graphical assets. The other has had exactly nothing ($0) spent on it, and sadly it shows. Now of course Matrix is giving away their game for free for the most part. I guess they really had to do this otherwise they would have been seen to be making money off the backs of a lot of volunteers hard work.

And boy did those boys work hard! I know! But still they all had day jobs, and work was done on an "interest only" ad-hoc fashion without any Matrix leadership input or a even a cohesive design plan.

Bottom line is if you are lucky enough to have money and time to play both, then great do that and enjoy. But if, as I suspect, most of us only have time (or money) to devote to one game "system", I strongly suspect you would be better off with CMBN.

All IMHO (as the coder of PCO).

S

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 82
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 1:00:10 AM   
Enigma6584

Interesting...

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 83
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 1:28:14 AM   
thewood1

Don't think CM2 wasn't built on the bcks of volunteers.  There are a lot of testers building scenarios, doing alpha testing, fixing QBs, building textures, etc. for free.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 84
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 2:00:35 AM   
HintJ

I'd rather play PCO mainly because it is on the Eastern Front.

Sure I'm interested in CMBN, but I think SciFi games like Supreme Commander are more interesting than Normandy games.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stridor

But if, as I suspect, most of us only have time (or money) to devote to one game "system", I strongly suspect you would be better off with CMBN.

All IMHO (as the coder of PCO).

S

If CMx2 had a msg box, a decent bino view, randoms camps, toggleable grid, and a better mapmaker, then I'd probably agree w/you

< Message edited by HintJ -- 4/30/2011 2:39:17 AM >

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to Stridor)
Post #: 85
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 3:36:04 AM   
Pillar

There's that, and I think there is a hardcore crowd that are unsatisfied with the CM2 system in terms of realism and unit behaviour.  For me the best thing about CM2 over CM1 was the terrain "resolution" in height and size, because small unit infantry tactics became more involved.  With PzC:O modeling terrain at that detail level now I don't expect to be playing CM2 engine games again until they redo the modern stuff.

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 86
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 3:59:10 AM   
junk2drive

Just because it is volunteer effort does not make it any less of an effort than a big budget game. In fact the passion for the game made this one better than the paid team made the originals.

Anyone that has messed with Linux knows there are good open source games out there that are made by volunteers.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Pillar)
Post #: 87
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 4:25:00 AM   
general_solomon

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Just because it is volunteer effort does not make it any less of an effort than a big budget game. In fact the passion for the game made this one better than the paid team made the originals.

Anyone that has messed with Linux knows there are good open source games out there that are made by volunteers.

all their good works are much appreciated. thanks to all that have worked on this project.

we will appreciate your work buy purchasing a copy of pco.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 88
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 4:27:01 AM   
Mobius

I retired from programming several years ago. I would have spent more time playing golf and less on 3D modelling except for a shoulder injury which is now better.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 89
RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. - 4/30/2011 4:29:28 AM   
junk2drive

Even though Stridor is being Eeyore about the product, he did a heck of a job of fixing glitches and enabling our visions and wishes.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: Proof why 1to1 representation is not a good idea. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI