Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resources?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Resources? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resources? - 4/5/2011 9:15:53 PM   
EaglePryde

Uh...i seem to gather resources from different stellar objects and also everything needs resources to be build...but...where do i see my income for every resource and how much i allready have. I've searched and i didn't find anything.

I always thought that a small list in the UI would be helpfull to display such things.
Post #: 1
RE: Resources? - 4/5/2011 9:18:15 PM   
cookie monster

in the expansion planner you can see how much of a particular resource you have in stock

only galactic prices for resources are displayed

(in reply to EaglePryde)
Post #: 2
RE: Resources? - 4/5/2011 9:25:04 PM   
EaglePryde

ok that's atleast helpfull but imho resources that are use for construction should be also displayed in the construction menu and/or somewhere on the UI to have a quick overview.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 3
RE: Resources? - 4/5/2011 9:26:10 PM   
Data

The income you get from other empires buying resources from you is not visible, I think it's with other things under SP taxes.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 4
RE: Resources? - 5/2/2011 3:03:37 AM   
torrenal

A construction summary does exist, for individual Ships/Bases. Click on Construction Summary underneath the ship's component list in the ship design editor.

You can even see what a port has/needs for building stuff, if you go to the cargo pane of information for that port.  It has a Amt onhand, and a Amt reserved.  Evidently, items also have national ownership tied to them, so you may see Caslon 2-3 times in the list, once for you, and once for each nation's ship due to fuel at the port.  Reserved is the quantity either due to be used in construction, or picked up.  If reserved is higher than amt, you have a shortage.  Normal to see those in the first couple minutes after a build starts, but if they persist, it's because the game is unable to promptly fill the demand.  If you lack for something, you've got a few options... such as trading for it with another empire, or custom-desigining a mining ship to not use any of the scarce materials.  SHIP, not station.  The mining ship will be able to fill multiple needs by moving to grab whatever is short.  If you are really short for supplies at the start, retire some of your starting ships.

//Torrenal

< Message edited by torrenal -- 5/2/2011 3:04:23 AM >

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Resources? - 5/3/2011 2:56:43 AM   
ollobrains

system needs more meat and bones added to it

(in reply to torrenal)
Post #: 6
RE: Resources? - 5/3/2011 5:11:52 AM   
torrenal

Nah. To be honest, I'd be happy with just a galaxy map view that showed supply and demand for items. If gold is in short supply in a region, it'd show up, and then I send a construction ship out to any handy gold-bearing planets in that region -- problem solved. Might even do to make spotting shortages not require inspecting individual construction orders.
//Torrenal

(in reply to ollobrains)
Post #: 7
RE: Resources? - 5/3/2011 6:06:10 AM   
Data

Great idea, we already have the expansion menu bar on the left. This would fit perfectly with that and it would be of great use to us.
You should wishlist this, torrenal, if not already.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to torrenal)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Resources? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI