Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Get New Pilot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Get New Pilot Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 10:39:16 AM   
BigDuke66

I like the way the TF list is now, much better overview thanks!
I wonder if it's possible to distinguish Mine warfare further into sweeping & laying and I would like to get the ASW TFs out of the surface TFs any chance for those please?

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 541
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 10:50:28 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Was anything done to the leaders or the effects they have over the course of the patches & beta patches?
I just wonder if this table is still up-to-date:

Sorry I have to grab any straw as the manual has almost no info about leaders.

Not that I recollect.

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 542
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 11:23:36 AM   
Nemo121

What do the numbers beside XP, AV, FD etc mean?

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 543
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 1:52:44 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I have Tracker showing me my Vehicle production cut in half with k9. I don't know if its just me, so a PM has been sent already. Here is screenshot.

When Japanese devices are getting upgraded and more devices need to be built, it is not adding the new devices to the pool. The veh/arm points are being deducted though.
If there are enough devices in the pool, then it is okay.

I will build a new file shortly and post it.

Thanks

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 544
RE: Updated Beta 1108m2 - 5/2/2011 2:03:26 PM   
michaelm75au

[1108m2]
Fixed Missing devices from japan pool when device is upgraded and more are needed to be built [MEM]

Michael

Post #: 545
RE: Updated Beta 1108m2 - 5/2/2011 2:36:57 PM   
ny59giants

Thanks Michael

Post #: 546
RE: Updated Beta 1108m2 - 5/2/2011 2:56:21 PM   
michaelm75au

Let me if that sorts it out. It looked okay in the test.

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 547
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 3:06:37 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Feature Suggestion:
For Get new pilot we currently have a button to load the group up to normal pilot staffing.  This is a very useful lbutton.  

It would be nice to have another button that would load the group with max pilots.  IT would save a LOT of clicks.  In fact, if I had to choose between the two functions, I would rather have the button load the group up to max pilots.

There is a button already next to 'Get pilot' to fill out the group to its max size 'Get 10 pilots'(group size is 12, 2 pilots in group, fill out to 12 pilots by getting another 10).
Are you talking about the additional 1/3rd that could be pulled into a group?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/2/2011 3:12:40 PM >

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 548
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 3:10:00 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

quote:

It would be nice to have another button that would load the group with max pilots.  IT would save a LOT of clicks.  In fact, if I had to choose between the two functions, I would rather have the button load the group up to max pilots.

Speaking of buttons, it would be nice for double-arrow buttons at air-units CAP etc. percentages, to give 50% (as in WITP), because 0, or 100% is not very useful.

You can already set the patrol levels in increments of 10 or 30, as well as 0 and 100.

30% chosen as it you could use the old 1 in 3 rule.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/2/2011 3:11:56 PM >

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 549
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 4:15:20 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

There is a button already next to 'Get pilot' to fill out the group to its max size 'Get 10 pilots'(group size is 12, 2 pilots in group, fill out to 12 pilots by getting another 10).

I would agree with the desire to have just one button to fill out to max plus the additional 1/3 that you are allowed. It would cut down on a lot of clicking, especially when you start a new game.

In addition, is there a way to have the pilots come from "Replacement(##)" as the default rather than "Any"?? If the button exist, I don't see it. I have never used the "Any" option the whole time I have played AE. I click over to "Replacement(##)" each time and leave it there. I think most players use the "Replacement (##)" most of the time.

Post #: 550
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 5:44:45 PM   
Omat

Hello michaelm

I would like to thank you. Very good work and most notable very well communicated

Omat

P.S.: Good that we have now the m patch..I did not like the latter k

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 551
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 7:48:50 PM   
BigDuke66

@Nemo121
I think that is the priority you should take in choosing the right leader so for a frontline LCU the "Land" value is most important.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 552
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 9:59:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

I would agree with the desire to have just one button to fill out to max plus the additional 1/3 that you are allowed. It would cut down on a lot of clicking, especially when you start a new game.

I disagree with changing the function of the existing button. I have found that pilots train faster if I do not overfill the squadron. If you are talking about an additional button, of course that's fine as it would not affect anything.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 553
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 11:05:29 PM   
witpqs

Michael,

This is one of those 'nice to have' suggestions. No whining if you don't or can't do it!

Along the lines of some hot keys that you have put in lately - can you add one that will toggle on/off the display of the hex numbers inside the hexes?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 554
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 4:07:08 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

Feature Suggestion:
For Get new pilot we currently have a button to load the group up to normal pilot staffing.  This is a very useful lbutton.  

Yes, that additional 1/3. Maybe left click, you get group max, right click you get max+1/3?

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 5/3/2011 4:26:04 AM >

Pax

Post #: 555
RE: Updated Beta 1108m2 - 5/3/2011 4:08:50 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

[1108m2]
Fixed Missing devices from japan pool when device is upgraded and more are needed to be built [MEM]

THANKS!!!!

Pax

Post #: 556
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 1:36:57 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

Feature Suggestion:

Yes, that additional 1/3. Maybe left click, you get group max, right click you get max+1/3?

That is a good solution!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 557
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 1:52:57 PM   
michaelm75au

If I did anything, I would probably leave the 'Get 10 pilots' as it is.
Pressing that would fill out the group to its normal rostered strength.

Then change that message to 'Get max (4) pilots' to fill out to the over-rostered value. (We know the extra value as it is shown in the mouse-over.)

That way players who only fill out to the rostered size (like me) don't need to do anything extra.
And players who want to go the extra way, just need to pres the button again.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/3/2011 1:53:56 PM >

Michael

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 558
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 2:00:14 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Michael,

This is one of those 'nice to have' suggestions. No whining if you don't or can't do it!

Along the lines of some hot keys that you have put in lately - can you add one that will toggle on/off the display of the hex numbers inside the hexes?

Would have to see if there is down side to the map drawing with having to 'print' the extra values?
There is a slight delay with drawing the items generated by hotkeys on the map, not as bad as the supply path as that involves some calcualtions to update the map.
Of course, if you using a Cray-2, you probably don't notice the difference.

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 559
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 4:23:51 PM   
Major SNAFU_M

quote:

quote:

Michael,

Would have to see if there is down side to the map drawing with having to 'print' the extra values?
There is a slight delay with drawing the items generated by hotkeys on the map, not as bad as the supply path as that involves some calcualtions to update the map.

Rather than that, how about a search function where you could type in the coordinates of a hex and have the map zoom to that location, and also have the ability to zoom the map to a selected unit or TF?

Both of these would help in a number of ways, including when trying to coordinate movement of multiple TFs to a general or same hex area.

< Message edited by Major SNAFU -- 5/3/2011 4:24:29 PM >

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"

Post #: 560
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 7:08:36 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

Michael,

I know what you mean. The fact is that I already experience that on my 5+ year old machine with almost any of the hot keys in use, some worse than others. So, I just use them in sort of a "static" mode, where I move to the area I want to see, then press the hot key. When I want to scroll, I hot-key again to turn it off, scroll, then hot-key it back on. Works well enough.

Post #: 561
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m2 updated 2 May - 5/3/2011 7:31:39 PM   
kfsgo

quote:

[1108m]

Added Allied groups can see air upgrades from related nationalities if PDU is on: CW group sees Aus,NZ,Can,Brit; IND group sees Brit; USMC & USN can trade planes. Will be a PP cost to use other nationality

Tweaked Allow CW nat aircraft swapping between CW nations (Aus,NZ,Can,Brit)

Quick q as Saros and I are probably going to be shifting our game to 1108m (1108c having worked just fine for months) - does this mean f.e UK Ftr sqns can import Aus, Canadian etc Ftrs and vice-versa, or is it restricted to specific 'Commonwealth' units (of which there aren't any in the base game, I think) as the first bit seems to suggest?

Post #: 562
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 8:16:50 PM   
inqistor

quote:

30% chosen as it you could use the old 1 in 3 rule.

EXCELLENT!

Now, can we get Combat Indicator Icon also for last turn Naval Battles? It would help with tracing those pesky SS/Raider attacks in the middle of nowhere, as searching it, based on Combat Report, outside any search range, is real PITA.

Post #: 563
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 8:32:25 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

quote:

... how about a search function where you could type in the coordinates of a hex and have the map zoom to that location, and also have the ability to zoom the map to a selected unit or TF?

+1 & +1

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Major SNAFU_M)
Post #: 564
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 9:24:29 PM   
KHawk

Michael

The P-400 fighters should be glide bombing in this report but look like they level bomb.

Morning Air attack on TF, near Port Moresby at 99,132

Weather in hex: Overcast

Raid spotted at 29 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-27b Nate x 1

Allied aircraft
A-24 Banshee x 12
P-400 Airacobra x 15
P-40E Warhawk x 11

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-27b Nate: 1 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-400 Airacobra: 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
CM Aotaka, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAP Dairen Maru

Aircraft Attacking:
4 x A-24 Banshee releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
15 x P-400 Airacobra bombing from 12000 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 500 lb SAP Bomb
8 x A-24 Banshee releasing from 3000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
8 x P-40E Warhawk sweeping at 15000 feet

Attached and zipped is the save from just before the action.

Thanks,

KHawk

Attachment (1)

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 565
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m2 updated 2 May - 5/3/2011 10:00:55 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: kfsgo

quote:

[1108m]

Added Allied groups can see air upgrades from related nationalities if PDU is on: CW group sees Aus,NZ,Can,Brit; IND group sees Brit; USMC & USN can trade planes. Will be a PP cost to use other nationality

Tweaked Allow CW nat aircraft swapping between CW nations (Aus,NZ,Can,Brit)

Quick q as Saros and I are probably going to be shifting our game to 1108m (1108c having worked just fine for months) - does this mean f.e UK Ftr sqns can import Aus, Canadian etc Ftrs and vice-versa, or is it restricted to specific 'Commonwealth' units (of which there aren't any in the base game, I think) as the first bit seems to suggest?

If the group is CW, then Aus,NZ,Can,Bri aircraft will be in the upgrade list.
If the aircraft is CW, then Aus,NZ,Can,Bri groups will see the aircraft in their upgrade list. (At the moment, I understand that there are no aircraft in standard scenarios that are defined as CW.)

Michael

(in reply to kfsgo)
Post #: 566
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 10:06:11 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major SNAFU

quote:

quote:

Michael,

Rather than that, how about a search function where you could type in the coordinates of a hex and have the map zoom to that location, and also have the ability to zoom the map to a selected unit or TF?

Both of these would help in a number of ways, including when trying to coordinate movement of multiple TFs to a general or same hex area.

You can already center on a TF/unit from most of the TF and LCU lists that have the location click-able.
Or is there something else I'm missing?

Michael

(in reply to Major SNAFU_M)
Post #: 567
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 10:10:39 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor
Now, can we get Combat Indicator Icon also for last turn Naval Battles? It would help with tracing those pesky SS/Raider attacks in the middle of nowhere, as searching it, based on Combat Report, outside any search range, is real PITA.

The current combat indicator is connected to the 'unit'. With TFs, they could have moved since the combat and thus would show up at the final location of the TF rather than where the combat actually happened.

Michael

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 568
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/3/2011 10:14:18 PM   
Andy Mac

Corrrect its modder fodder only the usefull bit is Indian Sqns using RAF types if PDU = on (I doubt anyone can argue with the ability to re equip Indian units with Lysanders !!!)

I 'think' there is 1 x FAA Commonwealth Sqn (as it arrives with Corsairs I doubt anyone will want to take advantage of the new functinality to change them !!!) so thats the only Sqn on map in any scen that will be affected by the CW nationality change - what it does is let late war scenarios have 1 x Spit VIII rather than 2 national pools etc etc

Andy

Post #: 569
For Andy Mac - 5/4/2011 2:51:31 AM   
witp1951

Sorry for stealing thread. An Ironman Scn 23 game in progress for Andy Mac at patch 6 build m2.

Attachment (1)

Baka wa shinanakya naoranai

Dog

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Get New Pilot Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI