Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about the Empire Air force in 1944

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/3/2011 4:54:51 PM   
hkbhsi

Hi all,
I am now reaching summer of '44 in my PBEM and the Empire is supposed to withdraw a lot of air groups.

Since at this point in the war, I don't expect to really need any more Political points (all possible LCUs and air units have been bought out to unrestricted commands and all leaders have been changed), I was thinking of keeping all those planes.

My questions to the esteemed forum members are:
- are there any problems in running a deficit in PPs?
- is this option a gamey move?

My valuable opponent LST Express can freely comment on the matter.

Cheers, Alex.
Post #: 1
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/4/2011 11:05:13 AM   
toselli

I am at a little later stage in my game and I have made the same decision.

At this point in the war there is little use for PP for Japan, as there are only so many LCUs that you can buy out of Manchuria if you want to keep the garrison level.

On the other hand, IMHO those air groups will make a huge difference if you keep them, especially in fending off Allied bombers.

The only drawback I can think think of is the fact that, once you run out of PPs, you will not be able to buy back destroyed land units if you are using the beta patch. The best solution is to go back to old habits and pull out fragments before they are destroyed.

Jeffrey

< Message edited by toselli -- 5/4/2011 11:07:56 AM >

(in reply to hkbhsi)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/5/2011 4:10:23 AM   
LST Express

I don't have a problem with it one way or the other Alex.

(in reply to toselli)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/5/2011 4:59:32 PM   
crsutton

This is amazing to me because as the Allied player, I am constantly short of PPs in late 1943. And have plenty of Australian, NZ and Canadian units I would like to put into the fight. I will say that I always pay retail. No HQ shortcuts in buying units out. If the Japanese players have such a big surplus of PPs in 44 that they do not need to remove air units then I would have to say that there is definitely a play balance issue worth whining about. My PP situation is so that keeping air squadrons or major ship assets is an impossibility.

I would like to hear from other Allied and Japanese players. How does your PP count look? What date? Are you paying retail?

I have spent a lot of points replacing leaders and ship captains but not a terrible amount. Most of my PPs are spent buying out US units and air groups from the West Coast and some Indian and British units. Actually purchasing destroyed units if very cheap. It should not be a factor.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to LST Express)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/5/2011 6:49:48 PM   
LST Express

In our game it's the first of Feb 1944 and I have around 4500 pp. I seem to have enough points when I need them up to this point. First pbem game I have to go on.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/5/2011 7:09:41 PM   
hkbhsi

I have about 4500 PPs and I have never used the HQ shortcut. I have already bought all possible divisions from Manchuria up to the garrison limit. I have also changed all my sub commanders and most Lcu's.
I have so many PPs right now that I am toying with a proper chain of command.
Alex

(in reply to LST Express)
Post #: 6
RE: Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 - 5/5/2011 7:43:32 PM   
toselli

The fact is that PPs are very precious at the start of the game for Japan but, come 1944, there is really nothing to use them for.
After all there are only so many units that you can buy from Manchuria before reaching the garrison limit, most ship captains are already good and air groups are very cheap to' buy.

(in reply to hkbhsi)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question about the Empire Air force in 1944 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI