Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LEADERS, what values matter where?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> LEADERS, what values matter where? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/4/2011 9:21:37 AM   
BigDuke66

Well as the info in the manual about leader, their values and where which value matters is almost zero I would like to track that down to finally know where to put which leader.
Best I found is this:

but I don't know if its correct, can anyone comment?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 5/4/2011 9:23:22 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/4/2011 12:10:44 PM   
Mike Dixon

BigDuke66 - an excellent table - anyone else any comments - I'm afraid I am unable to comment...

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/4/2011 7:34:28 PM   
BigDuke66

Just to clarify it, I didn't make it I just found it in another thread on this board.

(in reply to Mike Dixon)
Post #: 3
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/4/2011 7:59:06 PM   
mikkey

excellent work, thanks BigDuke66

(in reply to Mike Dixon)
Post #: 4
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/5/2011 4:50:29 AM   
freeboy

well, I was thinking, air units should have high air and aggression, cv group likewise, land hq high land... am I missing something?
or is this not the ?
we need the beavis big circle when we are clueless...

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 5
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/5/2011 9:12:25 AM   
Banzan

The table is quite old, and i even the author isn't sure if its 100% correct anymore.

In general i follow an easy rule: The main skill should be highest - air for any air action, naval for any naval action.

Agression is a bit speacial, but easy noticable: Put some DDs on ASW duty, get a commander with good naval and high agressive rating, set reaction to 6 - that taskforce will be everywhere on the mab, chasing detected subs.
I look for it when building fast reaction Surface Combat TFs and ASW TFs

Leadership generates more exp - i use it as main skill for training

Edit:
The answer i got from davbaker when i asked about it:
quote:

It simply indicates the preferred priority for leader skills.
As far as I know there is no minimum, just a higher skill gives better result / effect etc.

e.g. A front Line Land Combat Unit will benefit most with a Leader with High Land Skill, this will increase Experience gain and overall AV, next Highest skill should be Inspiration this will decrease Fatigue and disruption and Increase AV, next Leadership will increase XP and last Admin will reduce Fatigue & disruption.

Not a lot is mentioned about leader skills and the original post was put together from various other dev posts over time I think.

I wouldn't take any of it as 100% but I made the chart to help me decide what leaders to place where etc. It seems to work.

< Message edited by Banzan -- 5/5/2011 9:21:46 AM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 6
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/5/2011 9:41:32 AM   
BigDuke66

Thanks it may be old but seems the best we have as the manual is really no help.
I wonder where else aggression helps, once I tried a PT-TF commander with a high aggression because the former raid resulted in a withdrawn of the TF but this time it was even worse as he withdrew from a single AMC and 5 freighters with his 6 PT boats, maybe I watched to many times "They Were Expendable" but if aggression doesn't keep the CO chasing them what else can help?

(in reply to Banzan)
Post #: 7
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/5/2011 11:03:43 AM   
Banzan

Very high agression can give you fights you don't really want, but TP boats seems to avoid most fights where they don't have surprise and can be seen too early - seems to be quite realistic. I had very good resulst when visible range is 2k or less (but even then, it sometimes went wrong, random is always there ).
Reaction range doesnt really help there, as the base reaction range is only 1 (same as subs).

Subs remind me: Wondering why some subs often get quite some hits before they disengage? Check the commanders agression rating :)

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 8
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/14/2011 4:58:51 PM   
Sun Tempest

I'm think that high air rating is need only for CVTF leader, because he plays the role of Air HQ. As such, the air rating of the other CVs' captians in the TF is not important.

At least this is what I understand from this guide:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2350193&mpage=1&key=leader%2Cguide?

(in reply to Banzan)
Post #: 9
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/14/2011 7:18:57 PM   
BigDuke66

Well I think the table is only for choosing the TF leaders at all, the other captains in a TF don't need a high air value or whatever but on the other had in case TF leader is killed because his carrier is sunk maybe a second captain that can replace the TF leader would be useful.
Thanks for the thread I think I throw that info and the table together.

(in reply to Sun Tempest)
Post #: 10
RE: LEADERS, what values matter where? - 5/15/2011 8:36:14 PM   
BigDuke66

I made a new table and added a lot info I found in other threads, also I changed some points for example the naval row were both points ST(To gain surprise and cross the T in an engagement) and SUB(Influences probability of finding submarines) seems(at least in my eyes) to matter for every TF.
But question is if such TFs really benefit from it, will an ASW TF benefit from the naval value in case of an surface engagement like other TFs do, will surface TFs benefit from the naval value if they hunt a subs?
I don't know, so if anyone can give feedback I try to improve this pdf.

Here is it, rename the extension from txt to pdf.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> LEADERS, what values matter where? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI