Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PCO game play video

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: PCO game play video Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PCO game play video - 5/5/2011 1:23:12 AM   
Enigma6584

I just took another look at the video.  I know this has been said repeatedly already but that grass really does add "big-time immersion" and believability to those maps.  The visual aspects were fantastic!

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 61
RE: PCO game play video - 5/5/2011 1:48:18 AM   
HintJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedCharlie65

I just took another look at the video.  I know this has been said repeatedly already but that grass really does add "big-time immersion" and believability to those maps.  The visual aspects were fantastic!

Yes, very nice. Well worth waiting for.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 62
RE: PCO game play video - 5/5/2011 6:00:34 AM   
jinchoung

woohoo!

thanks so much for the vids! looks really really great. looking forward to diving into the easter front!

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 63
RE: PCO game play video - 5/5/2011 8:34:29 PM   
general_solomon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

Video AAR 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WgJEQeHwIc

thanks a bunch bro, I know these things awhile to make. your iron rules camera action really immersive. looking forward to more VAAR's from you.

all I have to say is grass. like someone else said , there is something about it that help with immersion and prettys up the map. I know the hardcore gamers don't care for this type of stuff but i like eye candy, considering if I am going to be looking at a map for a couple of hours, i do want some eye candy.

also, while watching your vaar, i was thinking how cool it would be if pco has a full RT option. is it possible with the current game engine. I am sure i will get boo for saying this but thought id ask.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 64
RE: PCO game play video - 5/5/2011 9:49:49 PM   
Mad Russian

No RT in PCO. It uses a WeGo style of play.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 65
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 12:37:07 AM   
Mobius

With relative spotting you noticed I had to select and control the unit to see through their eyes when I was currently seeing through another unit’s eyes. Of course you can get an aggregate view of what everyone can see but if you were moving around using RT by the time you found a unit that could see the right target he might soon lose sight.

In addition the game is set up to use floating point precision positions to calculate LOS which takes time and would really slow down a RT game.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 66
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 3:23:08 AM   
general_solomon

quote:

With relative spotting you noticed I had to select and control the unit to see through their eyes when I was currently seeing through another unit’s eyes. Of course you can get an aggregate view of what everyone can see but if you were moving around using RT by the time you found a unit that could see the right target he might soon lose sight.

In addition the game is set up to use floating point precision positions to calculate LOS which takes time and would really slow down a RT game.

that squad in the field put up a good fight. i know the unit are abstracted. what about the terrian? those tanks were firing point blank on the dug in squad no much damage.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 67
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 3:48:34 AM   
Mad Russian

The infantry combat model still needs some work. It's on the list of improvements for us to make.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Post #: 68
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 4:00:55 AM   
junk2drive

From what I hear, troops in foxholes are fairly well protected from HE exploding outside of the hole. That squad is abstracted as being spread out in foxholes and being shot at by a tank shooting HE and MG fire. I noticed that they did rout a couple of times but rallied back. One thing I have learned is that it is dangerous to send tanks through enemy infantry alone. As seen when the other squad pumps a faust round into the tank. Maybe if the Russians had troops nearby, they could get close enough to assault the foxhole and take those guys out.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 69
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 4:46:11 AM   
general_solomon

I believe there were two Russian infantry squad close by. in that situation, most infantry would have surrendered, unless they went berserk. they should have routed when those tanks came rolling in. pop some smoke and get the hell out of there.

I wanted to figure out the limits of a unit before they are routed. this way i can plan accordingly.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 70
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 5:01:57 AM   
junk2drive

We do have surrender, doesn't happen very often. We do not have berserk.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 71
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 5:37:10 AM   
general_solomon

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

We do have surrender, doesn't happen very often. We do not have berserk.

lol, the berserk statement was a close combat flash back. In this situation, the Germans would not surrender anyway because they know to die would better than a Russian prisoner.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 72
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 1:35:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

It's possible for a squad in foxholes to survive that. They were taking casualties and pinned in their foxholes. To completely wipe out entrenched infantry, you need to be either persistent or lucky. In the open, they would have been quickly destroyed. I'm guessing another turn or two of shooting would have guaranteed their destruction in the foxholes as well. They could have routed out of the foxhole if they had failed to rally, they also could have surrendered. The dice got them to heavy casualties in fairly short order, but the last few guys were pretty well dug in.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 73
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 3:51:04 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon
pop some smoke and get the hell out of there.
Pop some smoke! Doh!

I forgot to do that. That comes from running Russians in one scenario then German in the next. I forget to use their unique capabilities.

Post #: 74
RE: PCO game play video - 5/6/2011 5:08:19 PM   
general_solomon

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon
pop some smoke and get the hell out of there.
Pop some smoke! Doh!

I forgot to do that. That comes from running Russians in one scenario then German in the next. I forget to use their unique capabilities.

yeah, i learned that during my close combat gaming days.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 75
RE: PCO game play video - 5/8/2011 7:30:29 PM   
junk2drive

First turn katyusha barrage by the Soviets. I does a number on my units. Ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDTsyzhKdg

Post #: 76
RE: PCO game play video - 5/9/2011 12:08:10 AM   
general_solomon

that is pretty cool. thanks.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 77
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: PCO game play video Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI