Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 1/26/2011 7:00:01 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Yes, they do have wants. They want my email address, credit card information, bank account number...

So do i.

Enter info HERE:

Yeah....That'll happen!

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 31
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 2/8/2011 7:10:42 AM   
davidboss

Games are very important for learning. If these games are subject specific then it will be easy for us to learn more things. This is one of the easiest way of learning.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 32
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 2/8/2011 3:49:38 PM   
Anthropoid

I got attacked by something similar the other day (granted, I was clicking on things I probably should not have been clicking on). Some bogus intersecurity site had taken over IE and I could only go to their site. Think it was something like AntiVirus.net or something. They clearly were phishing me to get info typed in by the human.

I was a bit disappointed that my security app didn't block or prevent it, but I guess no security is perfect, eh?

Systerm Restore to before the attack seems to have killed it dead. System restore is your best friend as far as I can tell. Not sure how hard it might be to use that application from Safe Mode, but I would think it should be possible?

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to davidboss)
Post #: 33
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 3/2/2011 12:02:51 PM   
ccsdc83

Same thing happened to my fathers computer yesterday. He called and wanted me to have a look at it and "System Tools" had put a fake background image up with an incessant popup screen at the bottom wanting him to buy their program. Totally ruined his computer...I tried all the usual things to erase it to no avail and without a system restore disk ( computer is almost five years old it has been lost over time ) cannot do much with it. Luckily it was just a machine to browse the internet with and nothing was saved on the computer that was of any importance. He was browsing through Boston websites for an upcoming vacation and said the computer went slow on one them and then it happened.

1-2 months ago I had the same thing happen to a netbook I own and had to wipe everything and restart from scratch. I would like to pulverize the fools who make these destructing programs that infect computers.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 34
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 5/6/2011 1:54:22 AM   
madgamer2

Sense the early 80's till a few years ago I installed Mac and Norton programs twice each and all 4 times a total meltdown happened. I have found the free programs like Avast!, Malbytes etc work far better than either of these two companies programs.

Madgamer2

If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 35
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 5/26/2011 10:20:03 PM   
planner 3

ccsd "restore to an earlier date" is not the same as "system restore".

The first is in your machine and should be updated periodically.

The second requires eithe a partion (OEM installed or by making restore discs)

You can find "create a store point" in Systems Properties (Win 7), I'm not near my XP machine but if put in "restore" in search it will get you there.

If you already knew this, just throw this in the circular file marked 'JUNQUE'

< Message edited by planner 3 -- 5/26/2011 10:21:48 PM >

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
Post #: 36
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 5/27/2011 7:51:33 AM   
johnsonkid

thanks for your post ..i have know now ...

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 37
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 6/8/2011 5:25:00 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

ccsd "restore to an earlier date" is not the same as "system restore".

The first is in your machine and should be updated periodically.

The second requires eithe a partion (OEM installed or by making restore discs)

You can find "create a store point" in Systems Properties (Win 7), I'm not near my XP machine but if put in "restore" in search it will get you there.

If you already knew this, just throw this in the circular file marked 'JUNQUE'

Windows' System Restore is a hog. I don't use it and never will.

But here is what I do do. First, I have two internal drives. On my C drive is the OS I use all the time. On my D Drive is a pristine copy of the OS, one that I use only when I run into problems with stuff on my C drive, like a pesky virus or some such thing.

On my D Drive also, I have installed an imaging program. It works from my C install and from my D install.

I also have an external drive. All I do is once a month-- usually the first day of the month-- I image my C Drive and save it to my D and external drives.

When trouble comes afoot-- and trouble hasn't in a long time, especially after ditching Internet Explorer for Firefox-- I simply boot to D drive, restore the image to C drive, and then proceed as if nothing really happened.

All this restoring of the image takes five to ten minutes.

BTW, I've been foolin' with computers since my Tandy 1000 (1984?). Never would I take my computer to Best Buy or any other place, to get serviced.

Alan

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 38
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 6/22/2011 1:20:28 PM   
LarryP

Spambot maggot.
Post #: 39
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 6/22/2011 1:33:51 PM   
pmelheck1

My son had a scareware program he got bit by.  It changed his wallpaper to an advert and wouldn't allow it to be changed.  It also pegged his CPU somehow to 100% all the time so it was a bear to try to work on.  I had to format and reinstall to get rid of it.  I hope I never meet them in dark ally in the middle of the night 

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 40
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 6/22/2011 8:51:54 PM   
LarryP

If you DO meet them in a dark alley at night, I hope your well armed and ready. Maggots.

(in reply to pmelheck1)
Post #: 41
RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! - 6/22/2011 9:26:47 PM   
berndn

I think most trust the AV programs to much. Not they don't be needed but it's also very important to do Windows Updates and try the best to keep at least Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash and Adone Air as well as Java up2date. Most malware is now hidden inside flash/java and can fool the AV.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> RE: BEWARE TROJAN HORSES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI