Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

NKPS Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> NKPS Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NKPS Problem - 5/9/2011 9:51:56 PM   
Harain

So, it's my 1st game as soviets, and I'm really used to all the construction units repairing in the back, and when I realized the soviets only get them as a part of the NKPS units, i decided to assign the 10 RR construction brigades I had in my 2 NKPS to my Front HQs.

I had no idea that a NKPS would be unable to repair if it doesn't have at least 1 RR unit, and since I am unable to reassign the RR units back to the NKPS (tried everything), I am now stuck with 2 useless NKPS...

Just got a 3rd 1, but still, impossible to play soviet with just 1 (2 in 1 year) NKPS.

Any idea how I can fix this without restarting? My last save was months ago.

Also, I don't think the game should allow this. Or at least, it should allow RR units to be transfered back to NKPS.
Post #: 1
RE: NKPS Problem - 5/9/2011 9:54:33 PM   
Belphegor

you can create independent construction brigades and battalions as the soviet which will do the automatic repairing of rr behind the lines, allowing your nkps units to work with your advances...

don't know how to fix your issue.

(in reply to Harain)
Post #: 2
RE: NKPS Problem - 5/10/2011 1:42:12 AM   
Joel Billings

From Section 14.2.2.4 of the manual:

Note that RRV is based on the number of construction and labor support units attached to the
FBD/NKPS repair unit and will decrease if attached support units are removed. Players can
manually transfer support units from an FBD/NKPS to a higher headquarters, but there is no
mechanism, automatic or manual, to transfer additional support units into a FBD/NKPS.

I realize this is a serious pain if you transfer the unis out too early and is easy to miss in the rules. We didn't want to allow transfers in and wanted to allow transfers out so once not needed these assets could be used elsewhere.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Harain)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> NKPS Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI