Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cannot complete download !!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cannot complete download !!!! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cannot c... - 5/13/2011 12:51:07 PM   
papajack

After countless hours and my 4th attempt , I still cannot complete the download ...

Each time after 50-60 % , I will get permissive denied and the download stopped ..the worst thing is I cannot resume as doing so I will get IP block error

Please do something ...I have never encounter problem using the store purchase download ..but downloading from member page is a nightmare ..I know Matrixgames try to keep monitoring the download to prevent abuse ,,,but this is really a very frustrating issue and suck big time

please also consider to break the game installer into smaller part for easier download

Frustated Customer

< Message edited by papajack -- 5/13/2011 12:57:01 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 2:29:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi papajack,

Unfortunately our Members Club downloads are definitely not designed to handle as much of a load as the store can handle. I will speak with our admin and see what I can do to improve performance there. In the meantime, my best advice is to try again with a download manager like star downloader or internet download manager and see if that helps. Those can generally let you resume downloads rather than having to start over if they are interrupted.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 2
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 3:16:32 PM   
papajack

I will get permission denied when trying to resume , I am using Internet download Manager

Here my latest fail attempt ..this time at 85%

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by papajack -- 5/13/2011 3:18:12 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 3:34:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Wait a little while and see if it lets you resume. The server is overloaded at the moment and may simply be unable to handle an additional download attempt.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 4
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 3:56:21 PM   
jomni

My downloader cannot resume unfortunately.  Can't you let Plimus host this?
Pretty sure your servers can't handle hosting a 1.5 gb download that is this popular.

Post #: 5
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 7:32:23 PM   
Redmarkus5

I am using Free Download Manager. Download cut off at 89% and won't resume after numerous attempts.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 8:54:12 PM   
76mm

I have tried a couple of dozen times and cannot even get the download to start, extremely irritating.

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 7
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 9:16:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, we thought our server would be able to handle the load but it has exceeded our expectations. Since the release, our download server has been at maximum utilization and our bandwidth is maxed out too. I've asked our admin to do what he can to improve the situation, but until more people complete their downloads and the load starts to decrease, I'm afraid patience is the only advice I can give.

regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 8
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 9:17:43 PM   
Redmarkus5

Now at 90%...

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 9
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 10:47:54 PM   
papajack

Is it possible to break the 1.5G file into several smaller parts , this will definitely make things much easier 

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 10
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/13/2011 11:38:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: papajack
Is it possible to break the 1.5G file into several smaller parts , this will definitely make things much easier 

Yes, that should be possible. We'll do that ASAP.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 11
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/14/2011 3:00:23 AM   
papajack

Thanks for the quick reply and support , excellent customer service tend to make problem look small 

By the way , I have manage to compete the download , cheers but it is good to break into smaller files for others who still face problem 

< Message edited by papajack -- 5/14/2011 3:01:23 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/14/2011 5:48:45 AM   
76mm

I have tried many many times on different computers, different locations, different browers, etc., and every time the download link times out before starting the download.

I have similar problems downloading all of your patches but am generally able to work around it somehow. Not this time, and it is very frustrating.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 13
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/14/2011 6:00:29 AM   
Redmarkus5

Day Two. Now at 93% :) Yay!

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 14
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/14/2011 6:22:47 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

Day Two. Now at 93% :) Yay!

wow.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 15
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/15/2011 9:41:34 AM   
Alan Sharif

I seem to be having the same problems. In the kindest way possible, i'm glad its not just me. Erik, please do look at breaking this op into a number of smaller downloads. Thanks for your support and the great offer of a free download is much appreciated.

A Sharif

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 16
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/15/2011 5:55:00 PM   
76mm

Well I've tried to download about 50 times now and the download has never even started. Different computers, browsers, locations. Would sure appreciate some tech support from Matrix at this point.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 17
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/15/2011 5:57:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

We'll have a new set of smaller files posted for download tomorrow.

76mm, I'm not sure what to tell you if the download isn't even starting. We have folks constantly downloading this 24 hours a day now and the downloads are starting and completing. If the small file solution doesn't work tomorrow, I'll see if we can put up a separate temporary download link to help deal with the load.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 18
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/18/2011 12:10:41 PM   
76mm

Still not able to download...I know its a free game and all, but this is getting old.

Can you at least confirm whether you have blocked downloads from Russia, which is where I am located?

Post #: 19
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/18/2011 1:57:55 PM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: papajack

I will get permission denied when trying to resume , I am using Internet download Manager

Here my latest fail attempt ..this time at 85%

Just throwing this out there and I can't speak for Matrix but at the hosting company I work for we have our servers set to only allow about 6 concurrent connections (to deter brute force hacking) and if you exceed that # you get your IP blocked in the firewall. That screenshot looks like you have Internet Download Manager set to its max 16 concurrent connection setting. You generally see 530 errors when FTP is down or an IP is blocked. Since everyone else is DL'ing it may be the IP got flagged at some point.

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 20
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/18/2011 2:14:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm
Can you at least confirm whether you have blocked downloads from Russia, which is where I am located?

We are not blocking downloads from any location.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 21
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/22/2011 8:24:51 PM   
76mm

OK, great, finally succeeded in downloading the file, and it is a zero kb file. Retried several times, either it times out or I can download a zero kb file. Really, can I get some help on this? I have tried shutting down my firewall (Zonealarm), no effect.

Post #: 22
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/22/2011 8:37:01 PM   
junk2drive

Since no one else is reporting a problem, it has to be on your end or your ISP.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 23
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/22/2011 9:14:05 PM   
76mm

OK, I see the logic, but your response is not particularly helpful; since I've tried from different computers, locations, and ISPs, what exactly could the problem be?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 24
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/22/2011 9:18:01 PM   
junk2drive

We need Erik's input but while we wait I can only throw out guesses.

Turn off firewall and antivirus. See Double Deuce post about download managers. We use Filezilla. Free and will resume a broken connection. Ask your ISP if they are blocked.

Are you sure you are trying to download from the correct place?

< Message edited by junk2drive -- 5/22/2011 9:19:17 PM >

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 25
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/23/2011 4:09:01 AM   
76mm

As mentioned, I tried shutting down my firewall/antivirus, no joy. I have not used a download manager, since the file never even begins to download. And why on earth would my ISP have blocked Matrix's download site?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 26
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/23/2011 4:27:15 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

As mentioned, I tried shutting down my firewall/antivirus, no joy. I have not used a download manager, since the file never even begins to download. And why on earth would my ISP have blocked Matrix's download site?

Are you attempting to download the Demo or the Game? Have you been able to download other Matrix patches?

thanks
rick

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 27
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/23/2011 4:57:44 AM   
76mm

The game, from the link in the members' section.

I can never download other patches (for WitE) from home, but can from the office. I am going to try to dowland the latest WitE patch today, so we'll see.

I guess it is possible that my ISP blocks Matrix's site, and my work is doing something else that effectively blocks the download, but I seem to get the same error both times (it just times out). Also, why would my ISP block Matrix's site? If they are, my chances of getting it unblocked are pretty slim, because customer service is not very high on their list of priorities.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 28
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/23/2011 6:32:25 AM   
David Heath

Hi 76MM

Have you tried the download manager Erik recommended. We have had reports other download managers brands had cause a problem and not work. Also please make sure you are not using IE and the latest update that just was released in the last week or so. They have been a lot of download bugs being reported.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 29
RE: After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cann... - 5/23/2011 9:35:47 AM   
76mm

OK, I will try the download manager; I didn't try it before because the file never even starts to download, but I will try.

Also, I just successfully downloaded the lastest patch for WitE, so I really can't figure out why I cannot download this game. Maybe at this point I should just get a disc?

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> After so many hours and 4th attempt , I still cannot complete download !!!! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI