Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Senario crasch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Senario crasch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Senario crasch - 10/3/2002 9:42:45 PM   
joki

Hi all gamers !!

I installed SPWAW 7.1 and played the scenario The Last and Teutonic night and the scenario crasched in turn 9 !!!!
I was thrown back to the start meny (the one befor you enter the game).
What shall I do to fix this ???
I had ver 6 before but I uninstalled that before the installation of 7.1.
Please help me !!!

With regards Jonas

Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!
Post #: 1
- 10/3/2002 10:19:20 PM   
Voriax

Hello

Load the 'solitaire autosave' from the saved game list..slot 2. Continue playing.
If you can continue then you just experienced a mysterious crash which reason will most likely remain unknown, PC's being what they are. If your game will crash every time at the same turn, then there might be something wrong with the scenario.
Or it may be that some other program you were running simultaneously choose to interfere with the SPWaW..solution for this would be to close all other programs before starting to play SPWaW.

Voriax

ps. Look at the tech support forum, there are several topics related to crashes and odd behaviour (of the game, not the player) ;)

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 2
- 10/4/2002 2:44:49 AM   
Bing

Joki - Give us more information: What is your OS, what do you have running in the background when you play WAW? WAW can get fussy about that, its best to have NOTHING running except Desktop, you can get away with Cacheman, but anything that might be active (Cacheman is not) could easily cause the crash.

Access C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSCONFIG.EXE (change the root is yours is not C:\) and see what you have checked to load when you boot. You may be surprised.

When you uninstalled v6.x did you remove ALL files? There isn't an Uninstall routine made that takes out user created files, not that I have seen.

Did you go into the SPWAW directory after uninstall and either move to a differently named folder or delete ALL files? What is the date of the scenario you are playing? Does it predate the mech.exe? If so you may have a scenario crated prior to v7.1 and if you open it in Editor and then save over the current file, it might play all right, it might not, it depends. Sometimes you can just change the weather, save, get out of the game, go bakc in, reload and change weather back to original, save again and you are good to go. Depends.

Give us more info and maybe we can help, we will certainly try.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 3
- 10/4/2002 4:29:51 AM   
Redleg

Good advice from Bing. My crash rate fades to nearly zero if I shut down other programs.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 4
- 10/5/2002 8:16:33 AM   
Supervisor

This scenario has a known problem but it's due to it being created on an older version of SPWAW with different OOB's. The creator has promised to revisit and update in the future. One trick that sometimes works is, open the editor, load the scenario, select purchase units then select done and then save the scenario in the same place that it was loaded from. This sometimes works in reassociating the new OOB's to the older scenario. No promises.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Senario crasch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI