Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/15/2011 9:08:38 PM   
Decepticons

After installing the 1.0.7.0 patch (most recent patch for distant worlds vanilla) I've started experiencing a number of problems that produce Unhandled Exception Errors.

- When sending ships to explore gas clouds, or to gas clouds for any other reason, the unhandle exception error occurs. Further, the game appears to not even recognize gas clouds. My mining ships never go to them. I never find anything in them (abandoned bases, space monsters, etc.)...it's like they don't exist.

- When right clicking on a fleet (to issue orders) to a fleet from the region level. This produces the error and after I click continue, I find that an odd array of ships, often every ship in the system, has been selected instead of the fleet.

I'm not sure if it's related, but in my first game after the patch I've also experienced severe fuel (Caslon) shortages. Perhaps related to the inability of my mining ships to use gas clouds. Its fairly early in the game (about 10 years in) and practically all my planets, even ones I don't normally use to produce ships, have no fuel.

Edit to add: At the bottom of the gas cloud error, I get the text

"Key Not Found: Gas Cloud"

< Message edited by Decepticons -- 5/15/2011 9:58:02 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/15/2011 9:33:42 PM   
Data

do you have a savegame that can be used to reproduce them? if so, upload it to Matrix's ftp site so that Elliot can check it

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Decepticons)
Post #: 2
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/15/2011 9:48:14 PM   
Decepticons

I'd try but I have no idea where my saved games are, as they don't seem to be under the C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds folders, where the game is installed.

Either way, these errors are not game dependent. They have occurred in all games I've started under the 1.0.7.0 patch.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/16/2011 12:04:25 AM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Decepticons

I'd try but I have no idea where my saved games are, as they don't seem to be under the C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds folders, where the game is installed.

Either way, these errors are not game dependent. They have occurred in all games I've started under the 1.0.7.0 patch.

Quickest way of finding any save game is to load DW. Open the load game screen. Then copy and paste the save game to the desktop.

(in reply to Decepticons)
Post #: 4
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/16/2011 8:13:01 AM   
Data

They are not in your game folder but in your profile in Docs and Settings, each patch creates it's own subfolder to keep things like saved games.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 5
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/17/2011 6:46:54 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

We have found the bugs causing the Gas Cloud and Blockade errors, and hope to have a new update shortly.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 6
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/17/2011 7:10:59 PM   
Data

shortly....that is a dangerous word for a pack of hungry wolves. I mean patient reasonable players like us.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 7
RE: Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch - 5/19/2011 6:17:00 PM   
Decepticons

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

We have found the bugs causing the Gas Cloud and Blockade errors, and hope to have a new update shortly.

Release the hounds!

Kidding. Thanks for addressing this Andrew. Look forward to the update.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Many Unhandle Exception Errors in 1.0.7.0 Patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI