Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITP need a Result List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> WITP need a Result List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITP need a Result List - 5/23/2011 5:57:18 PM   
aqui

Ok..Ok..WITP/WITPAE are not tournament games...
but for many reason it could be interesting (at least for me) to know the outcome of all the campaign games played. Statistical data could say who are the best players and what side most often win and when and so on. A mounthly report in this thread could update the results that I received (it need that both players confirm the result).
What do you think?
aqui
Post #: 1
RE: WITP need a Result List - 5/23/2011 6:01:09 PM   
Terminus

Not many games finished per month, you know... This is not Tic-Tac-Toe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to aqui)
Post #: 2
Looking for a balanced game - 5/23/2011 6:41:51 PM   
aqui

a pair of weeks ago I start a thread speaking about the unbalancement of WITP/WITPAE...because the lenght and the effort this game demands it's a problem that I feel sharply. It's a pity to solve the problem using unhistorical option but it's bigger pity to play knowing that we'll sure lose.
So my proposal is to use the same mechanics as for boardgames.
Firstly players discuss about game version, house rules, scenario, realism option and so on. After they finaly agree about an accomodation, both, simultaneously, comunicate each other their favourite side. If the side is different the game can start. If both chose same side they bid Victory Points. To win they need to get these points after having satisfied normal Victory level conditions. The player offering more takes that side.
ok. So I'm looking for a campaign game where (after any discussion about scenario, House rules, patch, optins..) we establish side assignation in this way. For a green player could be very difficult to bid judiciously so I prefer an expert one (in some way I played 11 campaigns)...
aqui

(in reply to aqui)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a balanced game - 5/23/2011 7:49:54 PM   
DivePac88

You are a real little organizer aren't you, why don't you just play a PBEM campaign like the some of the rest of us. You can then write your own report in the After Action Report section. That would then mean you would have yourself organized, and be playing a real PBEM game.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to aqui)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a balanced game - 5/23/2011 8:04:22 PM   
darbycmcd

It isn't a terrible idea, but I am not sure how useful. I always thought a sort of player review database would be nice, to see what players were like before you commit to them for the next 3 years.... I tried one game with Japan (Helmut/...) and would have liked to have had some warning about that. And some players have styles that are not always compatible with others, or drop out when they don't think they are doing well... it would be nice to know. but having said that, I don't think there is really any way to fairly do it.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a balanced game - 5/23/2011 10:10:41 PM   
nashvillen

Personally, I feel it is getting to the end that is the victory! There is no way Japan is going to keep the Allies at bay and an auto victory in 1943 is cheesy. In one game I am in I have a decent control on the Japan Economy and find that it takes up more time wrestling with that instead of with my opponent!

Of course here starting in a month or so (currently halfway through December 1942), his subs are going to make the control of the economy much harder, but hey, it is just a game, no one is getting hurt in it.

It matters not to me who "wins" according to the handbook. I just want the deep, rich, experience this game offers of the conflict.

Sorry to ramble, long day at work and they fed us cake about an hour ago, so I am on a sugar high...

(in reply to darbycmcd)
Post #: 6
RE: WITP need a Result List - 5/23/2011 10:27:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: aqui

Ok..Ok..WITP/WITPAE are not tournament games...
but for many reason it could be interesting (at least for me) to know the outcome of all the campaign games played. Statistical data could say who are the best players and what side most often win and when and so on. A mounthly report in this thread could update the results that I received (it need that both players confirm the result).
What do you think?
aqui

There are two AE tournaments in their finals now-do a search in the general forum for "First AE tournament" and "Second AE tournament". Some players have done AARs to document their gameplay experiences through these tournaments, so you may find that / those useful.

(in reply to aqui)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> WITP need a Result List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI