Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Frozen Synapse >> Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/23/2011 6:06:54 PM   
SeanD

The turn-based tactical game you’ve been searching for is now under the Matrix banner

Matrix Games and Mode 7 Games (www.mode7games.com) are thrilled to announce that Matrix Games will publish their highly anticipated turn-based tactical game, Frozen Synapse. To mark this announcement, there is a new pack of screenshots and a brand new trailer showing off in depth some of the intense tactical action headed to gamers very soon!

The screenshots are available for viewing or download on our product page and the trailer is up on YouTube and also available for download. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Twitter account to get more details on Frozen Synapse and other Matrix products!

David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games, said “Frozen Synapse is unique and exciting in so many ways and we’re proud to be bringing this level of development talent to our customers. With a sleek, intuitive interface, innovative visual effects, and wholly addicting gameplay, it’s no wonder Frozen Synapse has already been hailed by critics!”

Frozen Synapse is a thrilling PC strategy game that brings the simultaneous turn-based strategy genre bang up-to-date and lets you give detailed, accurate orders to your squad. Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "Execute" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously.

Each match immediately places you in an intense tactical situation: there's no waiting around for the fun part. Blast a hole in a wall with a rocket and then send in your close-range units, or take a stealthy approach and set up cover with a sniper: your approach is entirely down to your own creativity. If you can predict your opponent's moves, you can win the match: this game has been crafted so that superior tactics will triumph! Once you've outwitted your opponent with a series of perfect turns, watch your Global Ranking climb and export the results to YouTube instantly!

With bite-size, critically-acclaimed hardcore strategy coupled with a striking sci-fi aesthetic, Frozen Synapse is the turn-based tactical game you've been searching for.

Get more information on Frozen Synapse from its official product page and be sure to check out the new trailer and screenshots!

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/23/2011 10:56:43 PM   
chrisol

Quite excited by this - been keeping an eye on the Frozen Synapse webpage for a while, and this seems a definite step forward.

And can't believe I'm the first (non-staff) person to post on the board !

bw
Chris

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 1:54:44 AM   
RooksBailey

It is a great game.  I've been in on the pre-release beta and can say it is wickedly fun gameplay with a great cyberpunk vibe. You can check out a preview I wrote here.

< Message edited by RooksBailey -- 5/24/2011 1:56:16 AM >

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 2:28:36 AM   
Barthheart

This is great news.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 2:52:01 AM   
Arctic Blast

Excellent news! This game was already on my radar.

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 4:54:58 AM   
freeboy

is this really the title? seriously?

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 2:25:19 PM   
boatrigm

I wonder if there will be a demo.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/24/2011 6:56:57 PM   
*Lava*

The YouTube video grabbed my interest straight away.

Will be keeping a close eye out on this one.

The music is very cool as well.

(in reply to boatrigm)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/25/2011 12:04:25 PM   
wodin

I always thought this was going to be a cheap indy release....obviously I'm wrong....looks like it will cost alot more now it's here...

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/25/2011 6:49:41 PM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
I always thought this was going to be a cheap indy release....obviously I'm wrong....looks like it will cost alot more now it's here...

Have to admit my thoughts were running on the same lines. 'Cheap' is no reflection on quality in this context but the going rate for this sort of thing these days if released on Steam or GG is £15 VAT inclusive ($20-$25) tops. No way will that be the Matrix price.

EDIT, belay that.. seems the direct price is $20 (£15 inc), so I assume the Matrix price won't exceed that. Looks fun.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 5/25/2011 6:59:56 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/26/2011 3:40:16 AM   
RooksBailey

I just had a good game with a surprise ending. In the following vid I am green and definitely get a superior starting position. However, after zapping his MG, he managed to equalize by first taking down my MG and then my grenadier (I knew he was lost, so I launched a grenade in the hopes of getting my assailant post-death ). This must have annoyed my shotgunner, though, as he went rambo and took down both of my opponent's remaining men in a killing frenzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0au2JDwPw

Hope to see you guys online tomorrow. )

< Message edited by RooksBailey -- 5/26/2011 3:52:49 AM >

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/26/2011 10:54:49 AM   
Keunert

what's with the mac version? i did buy a mac beta version, so i would guess there will be a mac game?

(in reply to RooksBailey)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! - 5/26/2011 1:33:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert
what's with the mac version? i did buy a mac beta version, so i would guess there will be a mac game?

There is indeed a Mac version, but we are still finishing our QA on that before releasing it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Frozen Synapse >> Matrix Games to Publish Frozen Synapse! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI