Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retreat hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Retreat hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retreat hexes - 10/7/2002 2:11:23 AM   
jleknes

We're playing a Barbarossa pbem campaign. At the moment we're in Kursk. A 20k vs 20k German assault! Lots of fun :)

I tried to create a battle where the German side is supposed to retreat most of its forces out of the map before the Red Army overtakes them.

There's a similar scenario in the game, but when I try to recreate this as a battle, I'm in trouble.
Creating the map and setting player 1 retreat hex using the '0' key works fine, but when I load it as a custom map and preps the pbem game...the retreat hex isn't there anymore.

Is it just me or can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thx

PzB
'The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions: when they're ready. & when you're not. '
Post #: 1
- 10/7/2002 4:37:58 AM   
Redleg

The incredible, disappearing retreat hexes is a tough problem for pbem.

I assume the German is side 1 and on the left side of the map. That is where SPWAW wants the German side to be.

Some things I tried in the past that seemed to help the situation.
1. Set up a "phony" scenario that matches what you intend to play by pbem and save it.

2. Exit from the SPWAW program entirely and go back in and load the map and the scenario and see if everything looks ok. Exiting the program flushes data from memory.

3. Exit SPWAW before generating your pbem battle. Be sure that player 1 is the person who generates the battle. Save and zip up the file.

4. After generating the battle and purchase, open player two's side, do not purchase anything or worry about deploy. Work through the process until you see your deploy screen and peek at the map - look to see the v-hexes, start lines, and retreat hexes. If all looks ok, send your zip to the opponent.

5. If things are messed up, start over again.

Since purchase and deploy are such time-consumers in pbem, the above will save a lot of time for both sides.

I tried and tried to come up with a bullet proof way to create pbem battles using custom maps. Didn't make it. Finally decided to play only scenarios because of this problem.

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 2
- 10/7/2002 6:27:31 AM   
jleknes

Thx, I got it up and running :)

Created a scenario using the same map as in the battle and saved it. Exited the game and then went back and created the game. After zipping it, I went back and tested turn 0 and found the retreat hex!

A little backwards, but as long as it works!

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Retreat hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI