Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are you having Campaign Problems?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/20/2009 3:42:11 PM   
Oakthruster

I'm playing JTCS.....WF.....north africa campaign

Having a problem with the map......Terrain issues, any solutions ?????

Any Help Welcome

Cheers

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 61
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/20/2009 4:07:48 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Specifics?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Oakthruster)
Post #: 62
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 5/14/2011 12:55:55 AM   
Nebfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avon123

Has anyone experienced the following issue: Eastern Front Dynamic Campaign Army Group North

My Battalion level command (I Battalion of 31st Panzer) was reorganised and re-equiped en mass by CS, in late 1943, the FV2 and Pz IIIN were very welcolme... however, this is a completely new battalion not the one developed from the beginning of the game, more alarmingly the new order of battle shows my leader listed, but he no longer appears in the game. At the end of the very next engagement CS is unable to conclude and crashes, the character is un restorable. Dammn..........

I Recently encountered this while playing East front, had a commander who was running a mot. infantry regiment, well come November 1942 and the unit is reflaged as a grenadier regiment, well my character is not carried over. game play is fine for that map, but when it ends well the game crashs... seeing if it's a patch issue.

Which is another oddity in of it self, the file I dled via the updater runs for a bit then gives me a BSOD...

(in reply to Avon123)
Post #: 63
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/1/2011 2:34:25 AM   
reddo

Okay, I've got a problem here with the Spearhead campaign on Rising Sun, and couldn't find any other mention of it...

Simply put, the second battle freezes up every time. A few turns in, between 3 and 5, while my artillery is coming down, it simply stops going.

For some reason, I seem to recall this also used to happen on my old computer when I first bought Rising Sun forever and ever ago, but I just bought/downloaded the Campaign Series and this is a different computer, but the same thing occurs. Is this a bug in the campaign (And if so, is there a way to get past it?), or am I just unlucky, or what?

(in reply to Nebfer)
Post #: 64
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/1/2011 4:55:42 AM   
cpdeyoung

I think there were issues with caves, but I think a patch addressed this problem. I can't tell you more, but I would be sure JTCS was patched up to the latest version.

Hope this helps.

Chuck

(in reply to reddo)
Post #: 65
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/1/2011 5:45:31 AM   
reddo

Well, according to the update feature, I am using the latest version...

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 66
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/23/2011 8:58:40 PM   
sntryr

I'm having the same problem, although for me its in mission 6. The game freezes as soon as the ai turn ends, before my arty fires. It worked fine until turn 5, when I first called in my arty. I am updated to 1.4, which I believe is the latest version.

Any help would be much appreciated, as this is the only campaign in this wonderful game I haven't competed, and its driving me absolutely nuts.

(in reply to reddo)
Post #: 67
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/15/2011 11:40:17 PM   
Warhorse

Seen this before, but a search revealed nothing. My Battalion HQ NEVER shows up on the map in a DCG!!! Any idea as to why this is happening?

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to sntryr)
Post #: 68
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 4/11/2012 4:59:17 PM   
gezzerjoe

Jason
I'm getting "ef.exe has stopped working" messages on East Front campiagn games.
I have played version 1.01 since 2007 using various versions of windows.
Am currently using windows 7
I went all 165 scenarios successfully.
Started a new campaign and it went 74 scenarios and crashed.
Next campaign went 36 and crashed.
Then it crashed after 12 scenarios.
Came to this site lookig for help.
Discovered version 1.04 was available.
Downloaded,installed and started play.
Crashed again after 8 turns in 3rd scenario.
I am not a computer expert,but it sure looks like my problem is getting worse.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 69
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 4/12/2012 2:28:36 PM   
Josh

Wild guess here, but looks to me the problem is not JTCS, or EF, but your computer. When was the last time you defragged your HD? Or did a software cleanup of your HD? (with that I mean removing all the clutter on your HD, old programs, old drivers, unnecessary stuff). When was the last time you did an anti-virus check? (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky and such). 

(in reply to gezzerjoe)
Post #: 70
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 5:17:44 AM   
Darino

Hello!

Purchased the Campaign Series a few weeks ago to get reaquainted with an 'old friend', but now I have a problem and was hoping somebody could help me out. Playing 'East Front' as the Germans, I have gotten to august of '43. But now it wont let me move to the next battle. I have completed the battle, I get the message from the General, then when I go back to the main menu to 'resume saved' it takes me back to the final turn for the battle i just completed. I have exited out several times but it continues to do the same thing. Any suggestions on how I can go forward, or is the war going to end in august of 1943 for me? :(

Thank is advance for any help!

(in reply to Rifleman)
Post #: 71
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 2:15:39 PM   
scottintacoma

Are you using one of the old Talonsoft Orgs or one of the newer Matrix orgs?

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 72
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 2:21:08 PM   
Darino

Hi Scott,

I will assume it is the Matrix org, as I purchased/downloaded the game only a couple of weeks ago and the video/intro has the Matrix logo in it.

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 73
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 3:55:38 PM   
scottintacoma

The Matrix edition has both. When you select the org in the Campaign it says whether it is an old Talonsoft org or one of the new Matrix orgs. The reason I asked is that is an issue with the old Talonsoft orgs. When you select an org, use one of the ones on the bottom of the list. You might be able to go into one of the files and make some changes to correct the problem, but I am not sure which files exactly.

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 74
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 4:26:10 PM   
Darino

Well, I am not sure what happened, but I went into the 'play scenario' area, the exited out, then went back into 'play campaign' and hit 'resume' and now everything is back to normal. Guess we will see what happens from here!

Post #: 75
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 6:34:24 PM   
Warhorse

Yeah, it weirds out sometimes!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 76
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 6:47:11 PM   
Darino

It did it again after i played the next campaign, and this time when i hit the 'restore commander' (or whatever the button is) it was ok again. Even thought I didnt die.

For future reference, regarding what Scott said, ' select the org in the Campaign', if i go in and restart another campaign, it will tell me then what version I have? I dont recall seeing that, but i would assume that is how i would tell.

P.S. Thanks for everyone's help with this. I have the 'Operational Art of War' and just got 'Panzer Corp', (which I havent played yet, just downloaded this morning), but i find this Series entertaining enough for now even though I know it is a relic compaired to the new stuff ;)

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 77
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 6:54:02 PM   
scottintacoma

I just double checked in East Front. When you are selecting the org in the latest version it the end of the org says either Talonsof or MCS. The MCS orgs are the updated ones.

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 78
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 7:05:02 PM   
Darino

aha! I DO see that, Scott, when it comes time to select I have the opportunity to select talonsoft or MCS. I dont recall which one i selected for the one I am playing now. I went into the files and couldnt see anything that would give me a clue. But I would imagine it would be best to make sure i select MCS in the future! Thank is great stuff to know, thanks Scott!

Now I neede to decide if i should just go on until the game kaputs if i am playing the old one, or to start anew. I also didnt realize i could update after i downloaded the game, so i I played the first couple of years before updating. Wonder if i missed anything in that.

Post #: 79
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 9:01:52 PM   
scottintacoma

Most definately. And if you updated and are able to continue, I believe you are using an old TalonSoft org. I would recommend you start over, and see some of the interesting new stuff that is there.

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 80
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/2/2012 10:51:41 PM   
Warhorse

Yeah, definitely start over, it will be worth it!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 81
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/20/2012 5:42:02 PM   
Darino

Well, I am back. It looks like the game just doesnt want me to finish. I have played a couple times as the Germans in East Front 'Barbarossa South' campaign and it seems to shut down about mid 1943, even though I am playing with the updated versions. So i figured i would play as the russians. I got to 7/42 with the russians, and now in the middle of the campaign i am getting a bitmap error and the game shuts down. Is there a fix for this, or is there anything out there that i can do? Thanks!

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 82
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/20/2012 11:21:45 PM   
Jason Petho

What bitmap is it asking for, Darino?

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 83
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/21/2012 5:51:44 AM   
Darino

It didnt seem to be specific, if i recall. Just stated something about a bitmap error and the game would not be able to conitnue. What i saw was that everytime i tried to play the scenario, it would give me the same error at the same time. What i ended up doing is playing the scenario, but then taking all my guys off the map and taking the loss and it seems to be ok now.

That isnt much help, i know..lol

Post #: 84
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/21/2012 10:26:02 PM   
Jason Petho

Usually when it gives a bit map error, it will give a specific code. A Up#####.bmp. With this code I can figure out what is causing your error and send you over the right file.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 85
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/28/2012 3:55:52 AM   
Darino

i will look for that next time , should it occus. Thankfully it hasnt happened since and has been smooth sailing (fingers crossed)

Post #: 86
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/26/2012 4:08:15 AM   
1925frank

My game worked fine on my computer before. My computer crashed and got repaired any number of times. This time, after reinstalling the game, I'm having a problem. When I hit the Reinforcement button at the top or the Arrival button at the bottom, the game freezes up. When I push control-alt-delete, the Reinforcement button, after a few moments, displays properly (scheduled, arrived, & a third option I forget) as does the Arrival button after a few moments, but, moments after that, I also get the pop up display to discontinue the current programs, which I exit out of and then proceed with the game. Any ideas?

(in reply to Darino)
Post #: 87
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 1/23/2013 5:29:25 AM   
raptor2284

Ok so I'm no longer able to name any new campaign game I start in any of the 3 games, West Front, East Front or Rising Sun. It auto saves it as "campaign." The problem is if I want to play another campaign it overwrites it and thus everything is lost from the previous campaign. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Post #: 88
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 3/20/2013 9:26:30 PM   
rpwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Did you try to start a new campaign but it isn't working, or the buttons appear to be moved from where they should be?

Quick Fix: Make sure the campaign file is being saved in the root folder of the game you're playing.

Did you try to start a new campaign in West Front but there appears to be no units?

Quick Fix: Open up a European Campaign, exit and try the original campaign again. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for this, but we're still trying to find a solution.

Jason Petho

I had this problem with the first issue for LCGs on WIN8. Your fix worked.

< Message edited by rpw00d -- 3/20/2013 9:28:12 PM >

Post #: 89
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 5/29/2014 2:34:57 AM   
KGWiking

Sorry to have another problem.... after playing the boot camps I decided to play a campaign and started at the start - Poland 39.

I get to the end of the battle (and won) I get the you've done a good job and then it doesn't go further and crashes to the desktop.

Sorry if the information is sketchy.

(in reply to rpwood)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI