Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ATG: Wishlist thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/25/2011 8:19:03 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sweed

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

1. I'd like to see the ATG random game setup allow me to pick my "people" or regime, whatever you call it.  Also the opposing forces' regimes.

Came in here to post this suggestion. Guess I'll just second it.

This is already possible if you press edit and save the scenario before beginning to play as described in another thread.Anotehr thread also describes how to change the nation names.

Another thing I would like is to have the option of captured cities being able to produce units, perhaps after a delay of 4-10 moves to change their culture.

Henri

Henri,

Point me to the thread explaining how to change nation names, etc.

Thanks,

Alan

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 61
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/25/2011 11:51:20 PM   
Frido1207

I´m not henri, but if you don´t mind, i think this is what you´re looking for (link to whole thread at the end):

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok
There is no easy way to make a game with a specific regimes.

Click "edit". In editor click "reg". Here you can edit the regimes. Flags are in graphics/at2 folder but you have to switch explorer to png format (default is bmp) and switch view to miniatures.
But it is not the end of the work. You have to change population in cities. Switch between "map" and hex" view.
You can also change the nationality of units on the map. Click hex on map and switch to "units" wiew.

It's unfortunate that this can't be easily selected before generating the scenario.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2812501

(in reply to AlanBernardo)
Post #: 62
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/26/2011 3:15:43 AM   
springer

Alan,

Here's a graphic But this is just the beginning. You are going to have to change the cities to match your new people!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 63
Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/26/2011 5:34:20 PM   
springer

This is a minor issue of convenience, but might be helpful.  To play with the possibility of adding to the bank of scenarios designed for Human vs. AI play, I converted an AT scenario to ATG.  In the conversion, landscape locations are not compatible: fortresses become oilfields, cities become superfortress cities, airfields become plain terrain.  Would it be possible to make the translation between versions clean?  I imagine that people who know the guts of the editor in detail don't mind, but those of us who are beginner/intermediate users would really appreciate the time savings.

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 64
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/26/2011 5:37:06 PM   
springer

There is a second feature I'd like to see.  (Here I'm only seconding what has been said previously in this thread)

Also, I personally really like the oil/raw addition to ATG.   It is exactly what I wanted to see and I think it opens up all sorts of great new design possibilities.  However, as other have said in the thread, it'd be great to make oil/raw an option in the random games.  This would allow players who want to play ATG with the feel of old AT, the option to jump right into the fast-moving WWII game that made AT so enjoyable. (But keeping the additional units and rule modifications that make for better game balance)

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 65
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/26/2011 6:23:42 PM   
Vic

I am going to add a random game setup option in v2.06 to start a random game without raw and oil.
also i think i am going to give the new random game algorithm a load masterfile button as well.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to springer)
Post #: 66
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/26/2011 10:53:59 PM   
LordJim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

I am going to add a random game setup option in v2.06 to start a random game without raw and oil.
also i think i am going to give the new random game algorithm a load masterfile button as well.

best,
Vic

What would the load masterfile do exactly?

LJ

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 67
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/26/2011 11:12:20 PM   
springer

Thanks for the quick reply Vic!

Is the first request a possibility at all? (Seamless transfer of AT terrain to ATG terrain when the masterfile is changed from AT to ATG?) This would allow many of the AT scenarios to be upgraded easily (especially if RAW/OIL becomes optional) and would probably encourage the rapid upgrade of many AT scenarios to ATG.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 68
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/27/2011 3:36:36 PM   
Rander

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordJim
What would the load masterfile do exactly?

LJ
With the load masterfile button you can select a diferent masterfile to generate a random game.
So you can use your own modified masterfile (with you own settings, like -for example- oil wells that give 5000 of oil in level I, or modified movement costs or wthatever you want to change), or use a masterfile created by other user/modder.

Kind regards,
Rander

(in reply to LordJim)
Post #: 69
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/29/2011 12:22:45 PM   
Jafele

Some ideas:

1-Sabotage: Using explosives engineers could explode railtracks or repair them.
2-Underworlds: I wish I could make underground levels with the editor. It opens new possibilities, specially in fantasy maps.
3-Scouts: They have dissapeared in ATG. Don´t know why. Recon units were common in any army, usually elite units with alpine training.
4-New vehicles: Motorcycles (useful for scouts) and cars (for Staff). As a general rule expensives, with little capacity but faster than trucks.
5-Units surrendering: If a surrounded unit cannot scape from an attack, they should be able to surrender to the attacker. The attacker have the choice to accept or not, if they agree the attacker can get the enemy vehicles (tanks, horses, trucks, etc), just like in real life.
6-Climates: In ramdon games we have the possibility of full climate (four) or two climates (temperate/artic or tropic/subtropic). What about one climate? What about subartic climate? What kind of climate can you put at the moment in a small tropical map?

< Message edited by Jafele -- 5/29/2011 11:12:46 PM >

(in reply to Rander)
Post #: 70
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 5/31/2011 3:05:54 AM   
Adam Rinkleff

I would like a random game option similar to "stone age", with the difference being that you start with extra PP which would otherwise have been spent on technology. This way the first turn you can choose what techs to research, perhaps skipping some, specializing in one area, or using the extra PP for engineering.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 71
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/31/2011 2:01:20 PM   
EmTom

quote:

Another thing I would like is to have the option of captured cities being able to produce units, perhaps after a delay of 4-10 moves to change their culture.
Henri

Noooo! Don't do it! You have factories to build new SFTs except for infantry SFTs which should never be recruited from conquered nations!

This reminds me that transport SFTs are also costructed in cities but truck/train could probably be moved to tank factory (rename it to vehicle factory maybe???). Not sure what to do with horses though... guess horses should stay in cities. :)

Conclusion: -1 for production in conquered cities, +1 for trucks/trains added to factory production.

< Message edited by EmTom -- 5/31/2011 2:05:53 PM >

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 72
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 5/31/2011 3:42:58 PM   
crazyjohn

A more in depth manual that covers the battle system better 4 one.

(in reply to EmTom)
Post #: 73
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/1/2011 4:52:42 PM   
Jafele

In Random games I´d like to start with a HQ in every city, sometimes cities are not connected. It´s not realistic and very unconfortable .

I would love to see on the map the cities and territories I own in a clear way, perhaps higlighted or shining.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 6/1/2011 8:34:35 PM >

(in reply to crazyjohn)
Post #: 74
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/1/2011 10:43:17 PM   
Ande

You could activate hex colouring and select an outstanding colour for yourself, such as black or deep blue

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 75
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/2/2011 9:03:28 AM   
EmTom

+1 for unit templates. This feature would be great.

I'm with you since People's Tactics and I love it!

(in reply to Ande)
Post #: 76
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/2/2011 7:44:52 PM   
LordJim

quote:

ORIGINAL: EmTom

+1 for unit templates. This feature would be great.

Templates would be fine, as long as the user has the option to use or not use.

I'd really like to see an undo button (maybe someone already mentioned this).

Also, some easier way to look what HQ is attached to what city and what that city is producing would be nice.

Too, a highlight feture of all divisions of a HQ when a HQ is selected, something that is common in most hex war games.

LJ

(in reply to EmTom)
Post #: 77
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 2:02:50 PM   
Josh

"...Also, some easier way to look what HQ is attached to what city and what that city is producing would be nice..."

Other than that coloured bar at the left side you mean? Maybe change the baseplate of that city?

(in reply to LordJim)
Post #: 78
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 2:14:25 PM   
Josh

I'm a fan of U-boats, but they have the problem that they gain Exp. very slowly although they are succesful at supplyinterdiction.
So how about giving my precious U-boats some Exp. depending on the amount of supply they interdict?
Some of my U-boats have interdicted thousands and thousands of supply- and strength-points, but they still are at 41 Exp... /sigh.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 79
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 4:46:12 PM   
rjh1971

If it has been posted before, please implement it, if not please take it seiously into account:

I'd love to be able to save in the middle of a turn and load later from that point. Some turn scenarios are just too long to be played at once.

Regards.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 80
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 4:50:50 PM   
Grymme

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

If it has been posted before, please implement it, if not please take it seiously into account:

I'd love to be able to save in the middle of a turn and load later from that point. Some turn scenarios are just too long to be played at once.

Regards.

But this is already possible, i do it all the time. Or what do you mean?

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 81
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 5:02:27 PM   
Tufkal2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

quote:

Regards.

If you set up the usual PBM setup with passwords and PBM protection you unfortunately cannot save in the middle of the turn and come back at a later point I think. Unless I am missing something? So if you do not manage to finish playing you need to quit and then restart the turn from scratch.
Would be nice to have a "quit and save button.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 82
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 5:02:35 PM   
ernieschwitz

I agree with Grymme, just turn PBEM Cheat off: and you can save as much as you want.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 83
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 6:43:02 PM   
Grymme

Just send an email to your PBEM opponents explaining what you have done, if they dont accept that then get yourself someone else to PBEM with. Or play with those features turned off.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lunaticus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

quote:

Regards.

If you set up the usual PBM setup with passwords and PBM protection you unfortunately cannot save in the middle of the turn and come back at a later point I think. Unless I am missing something? So if you do not manage to finish playing you need to quit and then restart the turn from scratch.
Would be nice to have a "quit and save button.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to Tufkal2)
Post #: 84
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/3/2011 9:59:04 PM   
rjh1971

Grymme I know, as has been set, that you can turn anti pbem cheat off and then be able to save and continue later, but some guys want it on. Personally I don't give a damn if a player by mistake moves an army when he shouldn't have and reloads movements can't be undone and you've got to be very careful, or any other silly mistakes that mess up your turn.
If someone is cheating I'm bound to always lose and I don't mind losing but also like wining from time to time, and what's more to have a contested game until the end.
Since there are people that take it a LOT more seriously than me, that's why I'd like to be able to save a turn in the middle of it when anti pbem cheat is on.
Bty when jjdenver and I decided to play your FitE scenario we had to agree to have it off, no way of finishing it in one go

Regards

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 85
RE: ATG: Wishlist thread - 6/4/2011 8:39:04 PM   
russellesq

I am with all those that requested the ability to choose the regimes/peoples to use in a random scenario. The fact that you can go in and supposedly edit the scenario afterwards is not a solution but really a work around that appears to be a lot of work.

The generic names of Dragon Empire, etc., do not do it for me. Certainly you can leave that as an option if people prefer to use such names but I would like the option to start out by choosing Germans and Soviets for example. Further, an option to use real city names that match your regimes/peoples when making the map would be great. I would much prefer to see Berlin than Golddustcity.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 86
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 6/4/2011 10:38:52 PM   
Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdamRinkleff

I would like a random game option similar to "stone age", with the difference being that you start with extra PP which would otherwise have been spent on technology. This way the first turn you can choose what techs to research, perhaps skipping some, specializing in one area, or using the extra PP for engineering.

You can do that with the editor. Start your random game and when you load go to editor and add to each regime the amount of PP you want.

(in reply to Adam Rinkleff)
Post #: 87
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 6/4/2011 11:30:27 PM   
Rander

An idea for a new SFType: Commandos

I think on them like a mix of paratroopers and engineers: they can be dropped by air and they can blow locations (like factories, mines or bridges).

Kind regards,
Rander.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 88
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 6/5/2011 4:18:57 AM   
Adam Rinkleff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdamRinkleff

You can do that with the editor. Start your random game and when you load go to editor and add to each regime the amount of PP you want.

Yah, I guess, I just can't find anyone who wants to play 1v1? Sad.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 89
RE: Wishlist Item- Better AT to ATG conversion - 6/5/2011 11:39:47 PM   
Ande

I'd like to have a WEGO mode of the game so it can be easily played in multiplayer on LANs.
A quick and dirty implementation would be to let all units regenerate APs continously at a rate given by the readiness of the unit and som global factor decided by all the players.
The solution wouldn't solve things as navyhopping though.

(in reply to Adam Rinkleff)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: ATG: Wishlist thread Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI